[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
superman supergirl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: superman supergirl LETTER.jpg (848 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
superman supergirl LETTER.jpg
848 KB, 2448x3264
to be clear I am looking for honest critiques, not praises, I am fully aware of trolls, but I'll respect anyone's opinions because that's what they are, opinions, I know my art isn't perfect, but what matters is I am working towards getting to a professional level
>>
>>2415214
It's shit.
>>
>>2415214
lol quality bait
>>
>>2415214
youre kidding, right?
>>
Just post practice sketches in the beginner thread. Don't keep making new threads.
Watch the Proko videos on figure drawing to figure out anatomy, pose, and foreshortening.
The light source is behind them, so the shading is all wrong.
Fancy background layer filter effects are not going to salvage the sloppy lineart.
>>
the pillow shading hurts my eyes
>>
>>2415214
did... did they apply a photoshop filter to that earth?
>>
>>2415214
>I know my art isn't perfect, but what matters is I am working towards getting to a professional level

you are wasting your time. if you want to work towards getting to a professional level there is only thing you need to do for the next 2 years:

draw from life for 4-6 hours per day every day.

that's it.
>>
>>2415214
why do you keep thinking you are worth your own thread?
post in the draw thread, like every one else.
but for you, i recommend the beginners thread and the sticky.
>>
You NEED to know what is wrong before doing anything about it.
being told about your flaw is not enough. because you just heard about your problem, not understood it.
You have to start drawing endless time until you finally realize what is wrong with your drawing. critique is not solution for everything. you've got serious problem at almost every aspect of basics. It can not be fixed by telling you what's wrong. critique should applied after intermediate skill.
>>
>>2419673
No artist has ever gotten good just by drawing from life, you dumb rookie. No one can figure out the principles of perspective, construction, form, value, lighting, color and composition all on their own by reinventing the wheel. These things are meant to be studied, THEN applied through life drawing.

Back in th days, they were taught from master to apprentice, nowadays you can learn them from books or art school or online classes or whatever, but you still need to learn them.

Your advice is basically like telling an aspiring doctor to "just experiment on corspes for the next 2 years" I really wished failed artists like you would stop giving advice altogether, it is only harmful to beginners who might take you seriously.
>>
File: lool.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
lool.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>2419777

>calling me a dumb rookie
>>
>>2419673

Lol. By the end of those 2 years he will be better at drawing from life but still suck at drawing from imagination. Inventing/imagination drawing skills do not come for free with life drawing - it is a separate subject and need to be approached with the same time and effort as life drawing, if not more.
>>
>>2419785
Didn't realize there was a professional in here
post work faggot
>>
>>2419684
he's right though...
>>
>>2419785
post work you dumb rookie faggot
>>
>>2420256

haha. no, because i'm offended by you thinking i'd be so easily insult-triggered into revealing my identity.
>>
>>2415214
>Nu52 costume
You fucked up right away there
>>
what does drawing from life mean? is that the same as drawing from photos of things in life?
>>
>>2421341

drawing from life zealot here. just means you observe stuff and draw it. from life. not photos. photos will make you try to identify and replicate flat shapes, which is incredibly detrimental in the long run. you need your brain to asses the form in 3d space, and then do the work of translating that on to a 2d plane.

lifedrawing (wether nude people or anything else) is the closest thing to 'the secret' there is to get good at art. of course you shouldn't try to reinvent the wheel. read books, and research proper techniques. but build your entire self-teaching around the holy grail that is life drawing.
>>
>>2421345
ok, i guess that kinda rules out digital work though? there's not much i can draw from life at my desk :<
>>
>>2421352

get a mirror to study yourself, and don't be afraid of leaving the comfort of your basement in order to draw stuff that's outside. cars, people, streets, interesting architecture. etc etc.

do digital when you want to learn colors and how to work with their intricacies. so using it as a painting application, rather than a drawing substitute.

the bottom line is: if you are doing creative type work, like that in the op, you are not benefitting from that in the long run. if it makes you happy, that's great and all. but you are not learning jack shit from it. at a certain level you will be able to learn from creative work, by applying stuff you know and learning to spot/solve problems. but you are nowhere close that point imo.
>>
>>2421398

ok ty
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.