[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gonna write up an art schedule, post some if you have them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
gonna write up an art schedule, post some if you have them
>>
>>2411482
also, do you guys think its best to thoroughly study one subject throughout the day, or to study a bit of each subject every day?
>>
>>2411489
master the basics 1st
>>
>>2411489
Study one subject for a good amount of the day and then do some small studies. And for what you should study I would say the basics till you master them and focus on your weaknesses.
>>
File: ArtSchedule.jpg (227 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
ArtSchedule.jpg
227 KB, 1000x676
>>
I've got uni classes 8-5 every day without break, most of my evening is usually dedicated to getting projects done. Design is a hell of a demanding degree to finish. Fortunately 3 hours each day is my artistic anatomy class so I guess I've got a lot of this covered within my class load anyway.

I still won't have time to do all this. Any recommendations on a lighter schedule to fit between very heavy work periods? Sometimes it's just not feasible to draw all day. I know the more you do it the better you'll get but life isn't always so neat and permitting.
>>
09:00 - Wake up from a Terry Gilliam-like nightmare
09:05 - Go back to bed
12:00 - Wake up, too late for shower
12:15 - Start anatomy practice
12:30 - Go watch TV 1000 buffed guys after
14:00 - Gotta eat
14:30 - Play ranked games to get out elo hell
18:00 - Gonna practice with new materials
18:30 - Place all covered in ink and shit
19:00 - Clean up all and grab the ball pens
20:00 - Can't think of any other things to draw than buffed guys
20:45 - Try any "Draw with your right side of the brain" techniques
21:00 - Fuck this, start drinking cheap beer
22:00 - Gotta resupply on booze
24:00 - Outta ideas, log in 4chan, put on some dark shitty music
02:00 - After pathetic intents of represent my mental unbalanced ideas, go play some more rankeds
04:00 - Zzz
>>
>unrealistic schedule 101
>>
>>2411482
>>2411510

So you are either professional illustrators or people need medical treatment inmediatly. Or really thoughtless guys. Or lucky bastards with no job obligations.
>>
>>2411732
I plan on doing one of these extreme grinding schedules all summer, seems fun. And I won't be just wasting time on vidya like every other summer.
>>
>>2411883
sure ya will
>>
>>2411482

My schedule:

>go back and forth between shitpost on /ic/ and looking up random things on youtube for a few hours
>see the occasional inspiring artwork and remember that I like art
>realize I'm too tired and it's too late to do any serious practice, decides to go to bed and draw tomorrow instead
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>2411489
>study a bit of each subject every day
That's called interleaving, and is a good idea.
>>
>>2411724
>21:00 - Fuck this, start drinking cheap beer
>22:00 - Gotta resupply on booze
This is the root of your problems.
>>
>>2411732
You didn't even read the schedule I posted, did you?
>9 to 4 one hour less than average work shift
>3 hours on studies
>3 hours doing paid work
>rest of the day free
It's only fucking 6 hours of drawing, 3 if you don't have paid drawing work and go to some other job instead, is that really so fucking unfathomable to you?
Never gonna make it son.
>>
File: 1301057958481.png (61 KB, 815x476) Image search: [Google]
1301057958481.png
61 KB, 815x476
>>
File: 1274945500389.png (53 KB, 458x267) Image search: [Google]
1274945500389.png
53 KB, 458x267
>>
>>
>>2411489
I looked up a bunch of shit on why I should/shouldn't study multiple things each day

In the end none of it mattered. If I stay on feet while wanting to draw heads, my focus will be split and I won't be able to draw anything.

Do what you want- just make sure you're getting something out of it
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 580x386
>>2411510
>>2411732
From what I've seen on this board, I KNOW well over half of you drawfags don't have full time jobs. That said:

This is 100% possible if you follow the schedule up to 4pm.
You get all your studies & work done before 4pm, then have the rest of the day to yourself.

Try it for just 1 week. I'll be doing the same. We can do it anons
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.