[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking tired of brush lag in PS CS6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 133.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
484 KB, 1920x1080
Can't work with it
How can fix
>>
I guess that ps6 mostly runs on CPU and RAM, so an upgrade on those points would work i guess
>>
>>2410631
that's a thing? i had lag in a really old version, like cs4 or something. maybe your new gpu isn't supported by a 4 year old software.
>>
>>2410634
i have 8gb ram
amd A8-6140 APU with AMD radeon R5 graphics 2.00 ghz
Maybe ps isn't using the dedicated video card
>>
>>2410664
Best you can do is try to work efficiently. Sketch small, work in few layers, merge as you don't need them, increase document size gradually as you keep adding detail. Increasing brush spacing also helps.

I have an overstocked 4690k and even with that some brush lag is unavoidable at larger print sizes.
>>
>>2410631
is it in windows 8.1/10?
I had some horrible lags with my 5820k cpu, 32gb ddr4 ram and a gtx970, which meant it couldn't be hardware problem.

this is what helped me:

DISABLE WINDOWS INK
then create a PSUserConfig.txt file with theses lines:
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
place the file in Appdata => roaming => Adobe => (your PS version) => photoshop settings

taken from comment on this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d3ynnOX3pw
>>
>>2410667
Windows 10
i will try it tomorrow thanks for the response
>>
You could try the program Krita instead.
>>
you could be stacking too many settings in your brush (dual brush, low spacing, high res texture, etc). it's probably a software thing because that shit still lags in newer intel extreme processors.

idk maybe fixed in CC
>>
>>2410631
PS CC Masterrace
>>
Try delete photoshop settings file every time you start the program. Worked for me, the shitty part is that photoshop becomes laggy after a while and you have to do it again and that deleting photoshop settings file reset all your preferences, i.e. recent opened files, window positions.
I don't know what the fucks causing the problem though. I'm running firepro w8000 with a xeon quad core and 16g mem to push a cintiq 27 with another 1440p 27 inch display.
>>
>>2410664
that's 'cause it doesn't
>>
>>2410664
Your videocard isn't anything to sing home about (nor your CPU, really), so I wouldn't expect too much on that front. You could check if Catalyst Control Center (Crimson?) has photoshop.exe set to energy savings mode, my old laptop frequently pulled that crap.
>>
>>2410919
i get consistent lag when using certain brushes (that i dont really need anyway)
>>
Uncheck Smoothing from the brush settings.
>>
OP, are your lines somewhat angular/laggy? Especially when you do circles? I had that, downgrading tablet driver fixes it (I forgot to which version, sorry).
>>
>>2411464
I have especially a delay when i use the brush
>>
>>2410667
How do i disable windows ink ?
>>
File: ZwEjfXeh.jpg (89 KB, 833x1024) Image search: [Google]
ZwEjfXeh.jpg
89 KB, 833x1024
sorry to hijack thread, but I have a similar problem

every time i make a brushstroke, undo, or edit my painting Photoshop CS6(and only cs6, cs5 works perfectly) freezes for like half a second every time, and it only gets worse the more complex the painting gets

Ive got a i5 and a gtx 770 with 8 gigs of ram so no way my PC can be the problem

any idea what to do?
>>
File: srsly.jpg (9 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
9 KB, 250x258
Ok fucking assholes, I got you all a solution.

Go into Edit>Preferences>Performance and on Advance Settings set teh Drawing Mode to Basic. That should do it
>>
>>2413773
Mine is already on basic
>>
>>2410631
The 64 bit version is broken for me, 32 bit works fine.
>>
>>2413807
Then you're screwed
>>
Lazy Nezumi you fucking fools

Here's a DL
https://mega.nz/#!NthUiLaS!8OoYg13WpmiVZVPcyYRkqG7Ul478rNmMlTYAaFMsQAA
>>
>>2414117
This has nothing to do with any of the problems in this thread. Are you blind?
>>
Just use fucking krita instead
>>
>>2414179
>Using any sortt of hipster Linux bullshit
Fuck off, Stallman
>>
>>2414130
No, but you're trolling because the entire subject of the thread is photoshop's infamously shitty brush performance ala jaggies and lag.

LN is literally a program created to help fix those problems because they're so common.
>>
literally just reinstall, works every time
>>
Use paint tool sai
>>
Sketch using Krita or Paint Tool SAI or something and do your compositing in Photoshop. Both of those programs export to PSD and have more artist-oriented digitizer support anyway. Krita even has a whole guide on transitioning from Photoshop
>>
>>2413773
this works, thanks
>>
>>2414886
I'm actually glad it worked for you.
I wonder why it doesn't help the other d/ic/ks
>>
File: coxad.gif (1 MB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
coxad.gif
1 MB, 250x248
>>2414179
>>2414869
at least recommend corel painter or CSP
>>
>>2414874
I get way more brush lag in krita than i do PS
>>
>>2413773
thanks dude
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.