[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cant draw for shit. No matter what I do my drawings still look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: swift.jpg (171 KB, 3823x1850) Image search: [Google]
swift.jpg
171 KB, 3823x1850
I cant draw for shit. No matter what I do my drawings still look like a 10 year old did it. I don't understand how some people can take a photo and draw the person almost exactly. I draw for hours on end and don't improve. All I want is to be able to draw photorealistically.
>>
>>2402543
Nice post.

Read the sticky.
Post in beginner thread.
Kill yourself.
>>
Pretty sure that reference image is squished. You actually fixed her proportions gj
>>
>>2402543
lol
>>
File: smug wojak.jpg (7 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
smug wojak.jpg
7 KB, 250x210
>>2402547
In which order?
>>
>>2402543
How long since you started drawing?
It's normal that you won't see much progress during the first year.
>>
>>2402543
In tears thank op
>>
>>2402543
>squashed ref picture
Fucking hell how do you breathe OP
>>
Dont spend so much effort trying to make it look exactly like the picture, but rather make it look good, the way you like. And then you can always improve it to make it look more like the picture after.
>>
>>2402543
> I don't understand how some people can take a photo and draw the person almost exactly.
Then how do you expect to be able to do it yourself?
>All I want is to be able to draw photorealistically.
Sorry, but that is not what it takes. You need to want to learn to draw photorealistically.
>>
File: stud_0114_12b.jpg (462 KB, 1500x658) Image search: [Google]
stud_0114_12b.jpg
462 KB, 1500x658
Someone on your skill level won't be able to construct even basic geometry in perspective and yet you jump into something as complex as human head.

We all start at basics. Don't try to run marathon when you pass out after first fucking mile.
>>
>>2402746

oh god not you too rene. is there no end to the shilling? end result is weak as fuck btw.
>>
>>2402746
you DON'T need any construction or any sketching whatsoever to just copy a photo, retard.

>BUT MUH LOOMIS
don't make me repeat it.
>>
>>2402767

You do if you want it to look convincing and actually learn instead of being a human xerox
>>
>>2402767
If the end goal is to become human printer then sure. You can lay grids and spend hours perfectly following lines and angles.

What's the point tough? outside impressing retards who don't know any better.
>>
>>2402788
>>2402792
read OP sometime
>I don't understand how some people can take a photo and draw the person almost exactly.
>All I want is to be able to draw photorealistically.
>>
File: whatOPperceives.jpg (540 KB, 1967x1850) Image search: [Google]
whatOPperceives.jpg
540 KB, 1967x1850
THIS IS WHAT OP ACTUALLY PERCEIVES

IMAGINE LIFE THROUGH HIS EYES

ONLY THEN CAN YOU UNDERSTAND
>>
>>2406939
Really?
>>
>>2402543

you are trying to paint on a computer. draw from life if you want to learn.
>>
>>2402767
>>2402858

Even in the event you want to be a human photocopier understanding construction will still help you towards that goal.
More than enough people fail at copying photographs because they have zero understanding of form.

I'm also willing to bet OP will realize 100% photorealism is a waste of time after a few months of dedicated learning. Only a select few people consider it a skill worth pursuing when they realize that they're literally doing what cameras do. Others will take some liberties even if they stick close to references.
>>
>>2402543
To get better at drawing you have to do a lot more drawing. It's not a matter of understanding some secret principle that will suddenly make you better. Draw from life and study from good sources of knowledge, eventually you will improve but it is a slow process - it takes years to get good not hours.
>>
>>2406939
i will never get tired of this meme
>>
>>2402543
do bargue studies, get bargues book and work from it
>>
She has black eyeshadow
Why does your painting not have black eyeshadow?
>>
>>2406939

I fucking love these.

But you have a point. OP draws with his brain and not his eyes.

That's what his BRAIN sees. Even more fucked up.
>>
>>2406939
fuckin love this
>>
>>2406993
>>2407645
>>2407679
most retarded forced meme on this, already lame, board.

the saddest part is that the guy doing this isn't even proficient with the liquify tool. it certainly shows more his own weakness and insecurity than any statement he pretended to make about op's pic
>>
>>2406962
>>2402543

This, for some reason I only drew portraits of celebrities from pictures for like the first 2 months of drawing. At first I found the level of realism that I was able to accomplish just by finally understanding that you must draw what there is, proportions, angles, etc., instead of what you think there is (and at the time I had just read some of drawing on the right side of the brain).

Eventually I realized this was stupid and started on Villpu and Keys to Drawing. I don't really enjoy drawing from pictures anymore. Draw from life OP.
>>
>>2407887
>most retarded forced meme on this, already lame, board.
it's one of the oldest memes on /ic/ you butthurt retard
>>
>>2408085
it was forced and lame since the beginning. sorry if i hurted your feelings, tiger
>>
>>2402543
>I draw for hours on end and don't improve.
drawing is not like a videogame where you can spend a couple of hours to try to perfect a 'move'. drawing is incredibly complicated and takes years of regular practice and study to build competence
>>
>>2408099
You need a hobby
>>
Look at the construction mane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPoJe2R7EE
>>
>>2402746
>3rd step add shitty Chromatic Abbervation
>>
>>2407887
your mom was forced.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.