[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ic/. What exactly is depth perception? I was born with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey, /ic/. What exactly is depth perception?

I was born with only one functioning eye, and I wanted to know if my lack of an eye would affect drawing or something.
>>
>>2389849

my boyfriend has a lazy eye (not the droopy kind, thank fuck), and i notice that he tends to draw things at a pretty noticeable slant
>>
File: 80or457i.gif (195 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
80or457i.gif
195 KB, 600x598
Your pupils are about 2.5" apart give or take, the difference in viewing angle hits the brain and it figures out how far away that thing is and give a sense of the shape.
It's a good practice to pick an eye to observe from anyway as switching between them can cause inconsistencies.
There are probably artists that use it to their advantage but I don't really know and it seems like something that would require pretty heavy specialization to exploit in a meaningful way.
>>
>>2389849
Why did you ignore the question thread.
>>
>>2389849

Hallo OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5oAOnIn3cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gkLkFrkcUA
>>
>>2390211
these videos pretty much boil it down
>>
>>2389849
Op I feel you. I have strabismus so I can only use one eye at I time.
I've been told that one eyed artists can transfer more accurately things from life to 2d because we already see things like a flat photograph instead like a 3d thing.
>>
>>2389854
>a lazy eye (not the droopy kind
what do you mean? I though lazy eye meant droopy eyelid
>>
>>2390552
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_eye
>>
It's like a super power where you can tell how far away something is without moving. Move your head back and forth, notice how you have a better sense of the 3d space around you? Now just imagine that but for normal people we don't have to move our heads.

Also, requistory 4chan: you're a freak and should killyourself because no one could ever love a mutant like you.
>>
>>2389849
One of the best painters in my class had one eye. He dropped out due to unrelated stuff but yeah he could put depth in things just fine. Honestly it semed like an advantage, he always had consistent perspective and proportion while the rest of us struggle with how to deal with our oculus rift, closing one eye to size something up etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.