[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shaky hands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Person.jpg (548 KB, 723x1000) Image search: [Google]
Person.jpg
548 KB, 723x1000
I've been drawing since I was 10-ish and even then I noticed my hands shook uncontrolably. I have since refined my art to mask the problem, but my art is such a scratchy mess. Is there any way to at least help with this? I want to be able to draw a decent line without looking like Michael J Fox took over my tablet.
>>
-practice placing two dots on a page and drawing a straight line between them, going over that same line several times, gradually moving from a few inches to all the way across the page. Make parallel lines at different angles

-maybe get a brush pen or a think black pen when you draw. You only get one line so you have to make it count.
>>
>>2388464
that's kinda cute
>>
>>2388464
From my own experiences, scratchy, fuzzy or just generally unrefined line work comes from a combination of not having a full understanding of what you're trying to draw (could you envision every form and detail?) and a lack of confidence and control of your ability to make marks.

Get some pens and try traditional medium for a while and like the other anon said do some drills and exercises in making lines and when it comes time to work on something every stroke should be deliberate and planned. It will take a while to get good at because it's something you need to constantly working on but in the end it will benefit you greatly. https://youtu.be/wgDNDOKnArk
>>
>>2388613
>>2388540
Thank you both for your help. I definitely have a hard time envisioning what I want to draw, and usually when I do, it turns out completely different from what I first imagined. I'll have to give it a try.
>>2388583
D'aww thanks.
>>
>>2388464
Have you considered using stabilizing software like http://lazynezumi.com/ ?
Various art programs like Paint Tool Sai and Clip Studio Paint also have a similar feature built in, but it's not as customizable.
>>
>>2390189
Krita has a feature like that too. It's called "weighed smoothing". It also has "stabilizer". Both work pretty well for me
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.