[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Architecture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: skyscraper_aufbau_2.png (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
skyscraper_aufbau_2.png
3 MB, 3840x2160
What are your thoughts on my concept of a high-rise?
>>
>>2358624

Not in my neighbourhood buddy
>>
>>2358624
it's pretty weird to have the habitation between business and hotel. business in the middle would made more sense. and what supposed to be on the top of the building?
>>
>privat

One thing I've noticed over 3 years of studying architecture is how many typos there are on presentation drawings. Photoshop really needs a spell check feature.

It's interesting I suppose. I feel like the shape of it will starve some interior office areas of natural light on the lower floors. Also I find labeling as East/West etc is better than Front/Right; it gives more information
>>
>>2358624
the cone things under each platform would cut off lot of light in the building for no good reason.
>>
>>2358624

awesome. though i don't like the little beak sticking out. looks too lego-ish. i feel like a rounded form would maybe be a little better? i don't know ...
>>
>residential in the middle
how did you pass design 3
>>
>>2358765
I'm not even done with school. It's just a hobby.
>>
>22 elevators
You wot m8
>>
>>2359319
Rich people hate waiting for stuff, that's why they don't get late
>>
>>2358624
Depends, do you design a high rise for the sake of designing it, or does it rose from an actual empirical, measurable solutions to the problems?

Aside from that, Aesthetically it looks generic AF, it looks like you're trying to mix Le Corbu.'s UN buildings with Norman Foster's HSBC HQ and it doesn't work, the cone shape thingy will blocks most of your natural light, the overall language is all over the places; you have the cones, two spikey syringes at top and a uniform rectangular façade in which none of it was incorporated well together.

Not to mention the lack of human perspective; how will people feel, think or experience this building.

If you want to get better; start with identifying a problem/necessity, then you design structures around that.
Forms follows functions, remember that well.

TL;DR it's shit
>>
>>2358624
I like the stepped things though they taper a bit too much to their base and would be a pain to build. Don't really get the top platform on the other side. Feel like it needs more overall design to make it all feel like parts of the same whole, if that makes sense.

Look at the right or left views. It's a single rectangle skyscraper with cones stepped on one side and the overhang on the other. There's nothing wrong with that other than it feels like a rectangle with bits stuck on, not like one continuous entity.
>>
>>2358624

Cones block fuckton of light, platform in the business area serve no purpose, actually in other areas too, unnecessary overhang, boring looking, feels unlivable.

tl;dr It's shit, you are shit and you will remain shit.
>>
stealing your idea m8, thanks
>>
can a giant loli use it as a dildo?
>>
You spelled "privat" wrong
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.