[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 20160111_181854.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20160111_181854.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
Hi /ic/ first time posting here. I would like some critiques concerning my work. I did this in about 90-95 mins with no references. I know it is full of mistakes, but I want to know the most glaring mistake, so that I can work on it. Thanks in advance.
>>
Do more Full-body practices and less (if possible dont even bother) upper body ones.Read some art books. work hard and git gud.honestly, there are so many mistakes here i cant even be bothered to point all of them out.(you did okay on the face and that is it)
>>
>>2347036
did you draw skeleton first?
>>
>>2347071
Thanks man, I thought it was looking wonky. Thanks for the compliment too.
>>
>>2347079
Sorry no, i just free handed it.
>>
>>2347071
Sorry If I am bothering you but can you be more specific? I can only assume that you meant the upper body overall is bad.
>>
>>2347096
i meant as in dont do photo-like practices until you can start measuring the lenght of skeletons from your head.For example, the arms you draw are way too short, but if you knew that the lenght of half an arm (english isnt my mother tongue so do put that into consideration) is around where the mid point of your 3rd head circle (starting from the head, to the chest to the belly) you wouldnt have done that for example.There is also a severe lack of perspective, since the arms are short, and devoid of any muscle, it looks like she is holding the...tube(?) at the middle of her body, meaning it would go torough her head if, also the muscle between the head and the shoulder is completly missing in both sides, especially on the inside it looks like the head and the shoulder kinda smooshed together.I suggest that you do the poses that you are gonna draw before hand, if you do so, you will realise that the outer hand should actually be holding the lower part of the tube, not the high ground, and that it is slightly upward in angle and not downward.Again, check the sticky, read books, for anatomy i recommend Vilppu but /ic/ loves loomis, than read a couple of books about basic perspective,then do a couple of imaginary poses and whatnot and THEN you can maybe create something decent.Also work on your shading
>>
File: baseball player.jpg (87 KB, 318x409) Image search: [Google]
baseball player.jpg
87 KB, 318x409
>>2347036
shes not even holding her stick properly
>>
there ofcourse are more problems still, like there is no texture on the clothing, making it impossible to tell if she is wearing armor or not, and that her hand is fused with the tube and whatnot.Keep working and git gud!
>>
>>2347116
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking your time to write that. Do you have a tumblr or some other, you really seen to know what you are talking about.
>>
>>2347120
Thanks a lot man, really appreciate.
>>
>>2347121
naw, avoid that stuff like the plague if you know what is good for you, too many backscratchers who will keep praising you for literally crap and no actual criticism
>>
You're mostly healthy, but you have the "beginner 2D syndrome", you can only see silouettes and shapes, you need loomis 3 times a day every 6-8 hours.

If you don't learn to draw form a bunch of tracers who failed at learning to draw will rape you at night.
>>
>>2347125
an artist's job is to spend his days working in a dark room devoid of human interaction and getting gud,not circle jerking.Unless you want to end up at a shitty office job that is
>>
>>2347125
Sorry, but I think that was pretty good critique. Can you tell me what is wrong with it?
>>
>>2347126
Thank you. I will start working on loomis. I have a copy I think
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.