[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to learn to draw, but I hate the human form. Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: italy-michaelangelos-david[1].jpg (33 KB, 415x462) Image search: [Google]
italy-michaelangelos-david[1].jpg
33 KB, 415x462
I want to learn to draw, but I hate the human form.

Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of satisfaction out of anatomy exercises and seeing how my work compares to what it "should look like." But when it comes to things like the human body, I have absolutely no affection for it; if anything, I find it repulsive and unpleasant. I only have a few exceptions to this, such as head busts or hands.

Exercises and practice aside, do I have any hope of becoming a good artist when I simply don't like the human body? I've noticed a lot of good artists really like anatomy. I just feel the exact opposite of that passion.
>>
Also before anybody asks, I don't like animal anatomy either. It's just as gross to me.
>>
>>2346248
Go draw still life or something then.
>>
It looks like you have psychological issues and it doesn't have anything to do with art. Seek professional help and not advice from unemployed digimon collectors on taiwanese-australian card exchange forums.
>>
>>2346255

It's not a problem if it doesn't hurt anybody. I just want to see if it's even possible to learn to draw people without all the ugly excess.
>>
>>2346248
As with most things in life, you have to do things that you don't life before you start seeing benefits. It's crucial to your learning as an artist that you grind these skills.
>>
>>2346258
No, that's a problem. Maybe try still lifes a bit and then work up to your idea of beauty in an organism.
>>
>>2346262

How would drawing inanimate objects help form an appreciation for living things? That would help with technical drawing skill, but not finding the "beauty of an organism."
>>
>>2346263
Well you either draw what you don't like or don't draw it at all and become like Hitler.
>>
>>2346269
>comparing someone who doesnt like anatomy to hitler

Should I go to Reddit? Do the actual artists hang out there? I must be mistaken, having made this thread for the purposes of obtaining some sense of understanding.
>>
>>2346263

You won't find beauty of an organism because you are fucked in the head. If you want to draw anyway, you'll start from learning how to make fucking ellipses and straight lines. And most of your work will be like that - first make geometrical shapes in perspective and then connect them by other shapes.

You don't draw human body, but you draw lines. If you can't get out of the notion of symbolic drawing for now in regards to human form, then stick to inanimate and when you get better and understand more about drawing, go into drawing nudes even if you hate it because guess what, challenging yourself makes you better.

And well, maybe world needs another artist who wants to portray people as uuuuugly and hates having anything to do with them.
>>
>>2346248
get The Joy of Painting by Bob Ross and draw happy little trees 5ever.
>>
>>2346270
>Should I go to Reddit? Do the actual artists hang out there? I must be mistaken, having made this thread for the purposes of obtaining some sense of understanding.

You sound like the type of wanker who belongs there.
>>
>>2346276

I could say the same to you, considering you actually tried to use a minute, distinctly regional insult like "wanker" (on an American imageboard primarily populated by Americans.) Now do you want to be civil and discuss alternatives to drawing anatomy or do you want to keep being a little faggot?
>>
>>2346281

Other guy here, but the only one who is massive faggot is you. Please, find those subreddits you were speaking of and don't make any more threads. Or posts for that matter.
>>
Why do you want to learn to draw?
>>
>>2346281
>claiming that 4Chan is any distinct nationality

How much of a newfag are you, holy shit. Get the fuck out, already. Of the entire site.
>>
Just don't draw anatomy then.
Draw landscapes and blobs for people if you have to.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.