[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
conceptual "art"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: gi.png (97 KB, 465x586) Image search: [Google]
gi.png
97 KB, 465x586
this has gathered a lot of attention in Scotland. Search the Glasgow effect on facebook and read the comments, What do you all think?
>>
nigga I haven't left my city in over a year and I didn't even try.
>>
wtf are they funding? she isn't doing anything.
>>
You should post this on /pol/, you'll get a lot more shit flinging there.

>she's a woman
Even better.
>>
>>2339856
This is a critique board, there's no content here to critique.
>>
This kind of art and the artists who participate in it are essentially welfare queens and scam artists taking advantage of the precedent set by the anti-art movement and "Dada". "Artists" like ms. Harrison ought to be put in work camps so they can repay the debt their subsidized pedantry owes to society.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35232027

>Creative Scotland defended its decision to provide funding.

>In a statement, the arts body said Harrison was "a recognised artist with an MA with Distinction from the Glasgow School of Art".

>The statement went on: "Her idea, articulated in a strong proposal which met all the criteria for open project funding, focused on exploring whether it's possible for an artist to generate an existence for themselves by living, working and contributing to a single community, as opposed to being constantly on the road because of the need to earn money from commissions from different places that incur costly travel and accommodation costs and high carbon footprint usage.

>"Ellie's project is based on the premise that if society wishes to achieve global change, then individuals have to be more active within their communities at a local level. "In restricting herself to staying within the city boundaries she is keen to explore what impact this will have her on her life and on her work as an artist with national and international commitments."The statement concluded: "Our funding will support Ellie's creative practice in Glasgow and we will be interested to see how the project progresses. "As part of our funding conditions we will require an evaluation of the project once it is completed."
>>
File: lol.jpg (73 KB, 450x480) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
73 KB, 450x480
http://www.gsamfa.com/2010/ellie_harrison.php

>Ellie Harrison was born in London in 1979. She studied Fine Art at Nottingham Trent University and Goldsmiths College, London before moving to Glasgow in 2008 to undertake a Leverhulme Scholarship on the MFA programme.

>Her research is concerned with the ethical implications of choosing the career of artist in the twenty-first century. She advocates an approach to practice in which the artist becomes adept at switching between different ‘hats’ – moving between direct political action and more frivolous art world spectacle in order to raise questions about and challenge different aspects of our current political and economic order.

http://www.ellieharrison.com/economics/

>What If… Artists Redesigned Economics?
>>
File: 1426957256431.jpg (4 KB, 126x131) Image search: [Google]
1426957256431.jpg
4 KB, 126x131
>>2339881

You know, I've seen artists do some really half-assed useless shit and get paid good money, but at least they usually produced SOMETHING.
I want to move to Glasgow and see if I can get funding for not shitting in the road for a year.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.