[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be better at drawing digitally than drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: emperor_spurdo.png (66 KB, 849x724) Image search: [Google]
emperor_spurdo.png
66 KB, 849x724
Is it possible to be better at drawing digitally than drawing the traditional way?

Everytime I draw something on plain paper, it feels I cant get anything right, but when I switch to a tablet or such, everything improves by a mile, or is it just that there is so much tools at your disposal when drawing digitally, that makes it feel better?

Also, the sheer ability to CTRL + Z each error is just too good
>>
>Is it possible to be better at drawing digitally than drawing the traditional way?

Not only possible but common.
It's easier to produce a good finished piece digitally because you can fix and polish it as much as you want without 'ruining' it. That is, nothing you do is irreversible (although sometimes it can take so long to fix you may as well scrap it).

I still think it's easier to sketch traditionally though. If only in terms of control and precision.
>>
Yes, but that's not a rule, I've seen some artists actually do better with traditional media than digital, so I think once you get the knowledge, the medium is another tool and each tool has its own advantages.

One thing that helps tradicional media is that the textures, color blending and other things, are a inherent to it and it can add a lot to the expression of your art. Most beginner digital artist suffer from having a rather artificial and plastic look in their paintings, so it also takes a while to use digital media in really interesting way.

>>2334286
>I still think it's easier to sketch traditionally though. If only in terms of control and precision

That's true, unless you got a Cintiq, which can help a lot with that (still not the same, though).
>>
>>2334298
Jim Lee
He is a traditional god
>>
Do you cover your tablet's surface with a foil/paper for protection?
>>
>>2334872

I cover mine with paper, not so much for protection but because I like the feel.
>>
>>2334872
I have a tablet screen protector on mine. I press too hard, so it helps my nibs last much longer.

And yes op, it's possible. Digital is just a medium, so like any other, you'll have the ones you're more comfortable with and the ones you aren't.

I draw better on the tablet. I love undo, and I like that I can 'ink' it without all the sketching/erasing making the paper fucked up. That, and I'm an indecisive person who tends to resketch things until I find the lines I want. Bad habit probably, but digital accommodates that tendency well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.