[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Structure and Construction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: asdffas123.jpg (26 KB, 260x326) Image search: [Google]
asdffas123.jpg
26 KB, 260x326
What are the best books to look into in figuring out ways to better train your eye to see the construction of work?
>>
>>2332621
lmaoing at your life
>>
File: 515YA1NKE0L._SL300_.jpg (24 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
515YA1NKE0L._SL300_.jpg
24 KB, 212x300
I'm not lying when I say this, but this how to draw manga book really helps. It's not like the ones you find at a Miachel's and I have no idea who made it but if you wanna at least get to know more about bodies then this helps. After that maybe try making your own art style or something.
>>
File: 1451125891032.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1451125891032.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>2332798
>I'm not lying when I say this, but this how to draw manga book really helps
Yeah, right.
>>
>>2332825
Actually that book is not that bad. It's from japan so it's not like the chris hart "how to draw manga" books. It's only BRIEFLY covers construction though. Mainly rendering through ink and tone.
>>
>>2332837
>it's not like the chris hart "how to draw manga"

Yea, it's not. It's way worse you faggot. chris hart's book is good, and its a shame that it STILL isn't on the sticky.
>>
>>2332841
>chris hart's book is good

Lol, you funny funny man.
>>
File: PB.jpg (55 KB, 708x596) Image search: [Google]
PB.jpg
55 KB, 708x596
>>2332798
Different anon, just wanted to point out that most of this book is about how you draft and draw a manga and covers typical manga techniques like tones and inking, with only a small chapter on how to actually draw and construct things. So if the latter's what you're looking for, then I honestly doubt that particular book will be very useful to you.
Industrial Design-related books (like the one you linked) and Scott Robertson's stuff goes very much into construction and rendering, but if it's observation you want to improve, then looking into books on drawing from life/plein air might be more suitable. Also, books on animation, especially from the Golden Age (e.g. Preston Blair), go a lot into construction, even if it's for a cartoonier end-goal than you might be hoping for.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.