[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i make her hair look better? I am trying to use both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 0SZDzQV.jpg (895 KB, 1911x1911) Image search: [Google]
0SZDzQV.jpg
895 KB, 1911x1911
How can i make her hair look better?
I am trying to use both charcoal and graphite for the hair but it seems like it just doesnt work well...

Tips?
>>
>>2331070
stop, even if you made a perfect 1:1 copy of the photo, it would have absolutey no value what so ever
>>
>>2331077

im not trying to make it look like a photo

Im trying to make the hair look reallistic
>>
>>2331070
Stop drawing nigger lovers
>>
>>2331080
realistic is like a photo newfriend
>>
>>2331085
ok well here's something better.

How can I make the hair look more fluid and less like pencil..

Do i use erasing or?
>>
don't draw all the individual hairs,instaed color the darkest areas black and use highligts to indicate the direction of the hair
>>
>>2331140
Sick. thank you

I can use my eraser to fix shit and the charcoal

ill post an update later
>>
>>2331070
It looks like the right half of her face comes from a different picture than the left half...
>>
>>2331169
The lip is doing that

They eye is actually correctly there surprisingly

I asked a bunch of people cuz i thought it was screwed up.

Its the lip which i am fixing it's lobsided
>>
Hair is the least of your problems buddy, half of the left side her face is floating away, try working on facial constriction, think in a three dimensional space develop axis lines so eyes, ears, mouths and noses are aligned accurately.
>>
>>2331201
would you mind telling me which side you mean?

Or if it's the shading perhaps

Im currently working on her right eye as it seems off is that what you mean?
>>
>>2331070
Maybe stop being a faggot
>>
>>2331510
Wow what a cool guy 10/10
>>
>>2331085
photo can have gloss, or effects
it's not that simple but they are really similar
>>
>>2331070
stop
STOP
S T O P
>>
looks like you drew the face first at an angle that directly faces the viewer, then later drew the head which is tilted at a different angle than the face.

i fucking suck at art but that's my two cents
>>
>>2332898
i think that was part of my problem, so ive been working on it and ill be posting what ive fixed
>>
>>2331070
piss on it
>>
>>2331150

did a little fixing and some more work on it plus a better picture.... any more suggestions?
>>
>>2333585
Still see individual strings, and yeah that's what hair is, but it behave as a mass, so you must think and visualize how that mass will behave, or understand how, and why does it looks like that in the picture. Once you do this, just give that mass lights, and details, and more details, and then, in some of those details, you can use individual strings.
>>
File: johnsingersargentportrait.jpg (125 KB, 736x1080) Image search: [Google]
johnsingersargentportrait.jpg
125 KB, 736x1080
>>2333585 illustrator here,
stop trying to do individual pieces of hair and shade whole shapes. Even when rendering representationally what your looking for is implied form (shapes not fine lines) pic related
>>
>>2333585
follow up tip, dont make any pieces of clothing darker than any value on the person's face or else you'll move the viewer's eye away from the focal point. Which should be their face after all.
So tone down those blacks on her chest
>>
>>2333629
the middle part looks a bit hairless
>>
>>2333742
its not my portrait
>>
>>2333611
I thought that was Miles Teller before reading the text.
>>
>>2333611
\Wow! thank you im glad i got some good input here to work from.

Ill try the whole solid piece of hair thing, and Ill post another update,

>>2333612
Ill also take this into consideration..
Thanks guys
>>
Not op
Are there any books or resources I can use to make myself better at charcoal drawing?
>>
>>2333873
no problema good huntin
>>
>>2333874
take a look at john singer sargent's work and carravagio's books anything on chiaroscuro that should give ya enough know how. Make a sep thread sometime and i can help ya more there
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.