[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get used to this? I been trying for months to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (45 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
45 KB, 383x383
How do i get used to this?

I been trying for months to get in but i feel very uncomfortable when using it and lose my patience real fast.

Any advice?
>>
>>2329765
It feels weird at first but just keep using it and get used to the program your using to make art, keep practicing!
>>
If you're that picky with your equipment, you should have gotten those Cintiq LCD drawing tablets in the first place. Or should have stayed loyal to cheap pen and printer paper.
>>
>>2329765
use a software with actual fast rotation like paint tool sai , painter
or PS with open 3d

this is for actual lineart brushing is more approachable
>>
>>2329765
What exactly is the problem? Is it the smooth, plasticy feel of the tablet that is throwing you off? Or is it because you can't do hand to eye co-ord very well?

If it's the former place a piece of paper on top and voila. If it's the latter you need to keep using it. I used it kinda a mouse (when I'm not drawing) when I got my first tablet so that's that.
>>
Make a lot of shapes, so drill circles and lines over and over until you get use to the way your hand moves with the tablet. I got a cintiq bc I got sick of a tablet but I did get pretty good at using it.

Also draw as much as you can as fast as you can, it's the only way to get use to it with out it taking forever.
>>
File: 1389585059814.gif (1 MB, 225x386) Image search: [Google]
1389585059814.gif
1 MB, 225x386
Do these excercices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFv1MnZi7No
>>
>>2329869
This is pretty useful thank you.
>>
>>2329765
I got a new drawing tablet a few months ago. It's bigger than the one you have on the picture and it was very strange for me. I looked up videos, articles,and threads on how to get used to it and every single time I got the same answer
>Hur hur you're retarded. I got the hang of it in the first two weeks
I found the best solution was just to get better brushes on Photoshop. Not even joking. The default brushes make it look like you're fucking up everything. I got some brushes that simulate real art tools and that helped so much. Now I can even use the default shitty brushes.

TLDR; Get brushes that simulate real art tools.
>>
>>2330385

What brushes did you downloaded ?
>>
>>2329776

this

you need to tell us more OP

what size tablet did you get? how big is your computer monitor? (this can make a huge difference)
>>
You fucked up by buying a tiny overpriced 6" x 3.7" tablet.
>>
I have it, but saving for a bigger one. My had gets fucking tired real fast, especially since it's so tiny you can't really move your arm that much.
>>
>>2332502
It's the small one, and my monitor is 1366x76, How does this affects?

By the way thanks to everyone, especially to >>2330385
>>2329770
>>2329869
Those were some really useful advices
>>
>>2333537
1366x768*
>>
>>2333537
They mean your actual monitor size in real life. If your tablet is much larger or much smaller than your physical screen, then it's no wonder that you struggle adjusting to the difference between what you draw and what you see.

Going by the resolution I presume it's a laptop of around 15-16 inch, and the working area of your tablet covers only half of that.
Furthermore, the S-sized Wacom tablets are just stupidly small in general. It's passable if you draw very small in general and exclusively use your wrist, but if you don't it's a pretty damn anti-ergonomic size.

I hope you at least made sure you forced the correct ratio in your driver settings, or your horizontal:vertical cursor movement has been fucked all this time.
It might just be that you're using software that's a bit on the sluggish side, so try something smoother. SAI is generally a good bet, though you can also download a free copy of Medibang or Chibipaint or so just to see if it feels smoother to you.
>>
File: R0Dekjx.jpg (39 KB, 620x409) Image search: [Google]
R0Dekjx.jpg
39 KB, 620x409
>>2329869
thanks anon
>>
>>2334388
I actually never thought about that at all

I have no problems drawing with pen and paper but as soon as I try using my tablet I just cant control my strokes to save my life and it is extremely frustrating

I have been owning my tablet for years and tried using it on and off and getting nowhere, i just cant get used to it it seems

I use a 32 inch 4k monitor and I wonder if that might be a bit too much, my tablet is a standard intous "a4 size"

Prehaps I should just invest in a cintique or whatever they are called, or get a surface pro
>>
>>2329869
i feel like ive been doing elipses and circles wrong the whole time.
>>
File: OSU.png (292 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
OSU.png
292 KB, 945x945
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.