[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental strain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mzfmai9e7K1rog5d1o1_1280.jpg (168 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzfmai9e7K1rog5d1o1_1280.jpg
168 KB, 1200x1200
Is art for anyone else here extremely mentally straining too?
I love drawing but I need to be in peak mental and physical condition to even construct something as simple as a face.
Am I the only one with this problem?
I've been drawing for years now, read loomis when I was a kid, but still the entire process is hard as fuck for me.
>>
Depends on what part of the drawing I'm doing. Now and then certain parts will fuck my brain pretty hard, especially things I've not done much, but usually for me the process of painting and rendering is pretty mindless and comfy.
>>
Some people say reading a book helps you take in all that information when it gets stressful.

Personally me i like drawing cartoons or watch movies to let go, but its probably different for everyone.
>>
>>2327615
For me it's constructing perspective.
That fucks my brain up hardcore.
>>
>>2327613
oh man this thread. im laffing. stay gold /ic/ :^)
>>
Of course it's mentally straining, you make descisions with every line you draw, and estimate what looks proper and what doesn't; and how to fix it into looking proper.

But it can be good to lay off the analytical part from time to time. Do 50 quick figure drawings in a row, make them 30 seconds each or even 10. You'll get more into a "flow" that way and work with your intuition.

Personally I try to separate the creative process from the analytical. I think about what I want to paint, plan how to do it etc. but then, when I paint, I don't think about the concept behind it or "why am I even doing this?". When I'm done for the day, I step back and analyze it.
>>
Not so much with a face but getting the pose and perspective right. My brain just makes me end up drawing a scribbled scattered unorganized mess of not knowing where the lines should be drawn. Like if I'm trying to get a certain dynamic pose down, I find myself struggling to get the right movement I wanted.
>>
>>2328606
Pic related to what I'm currently drawing. It's supposed to be a female beserker warrior slashing a wolf in front. So far I'm just trying to get the pose and movement down. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone of making a character just stand or sit.
>>
VERY mentally straining. I find myself in extreme focus mode when I'm trying to draw the legs in perspective. Mainly in a standing overhead pose. Not sure why I need to think so hard about THAT part in particular. I've even gone so far as to draw that sort of angle dozens of times so I would stop having that problem, but, nope. I still have to think REALLY fucking hard about it.
>>
>>2328610
where da perspective at
>>
>>2327613
strain means you're learning. it gets easier as you improve and drawing becomes more intuitive
>>
>>2328771
Exactly
>>
>>2327613
Google Golden Milk, It's a Tumeric Based hot beverage, drink 1 cup every night.

It should help you overcome mental hurtles.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.