[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's shilling season, /ic/. > new season premieres >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1450475446135.gif (2 MB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1450475446135.gif
2 MB, 500x359
It's shilling season, /ic/.
> new season premieres
> new vidya
> new waifus
> new fanart communities
> more page views and possible commissions
What are you looking to capitalize on in 2016?
Steven Universe is coming back so I need a few weeks worth of drawings to cash in by the time Stevenbomb rolls around.
>>
fuck off nigger
>>
>>2320739
Isn't Steven universe that stupid cartoon that Tumblr SJWs are obsessed with?
>>
>>2321260
why did I laugh more than I should at this

why is the 1st post always funny
>>
File: BAS.png (1 MB, 595x763) Image search: [Google]
BAS.png
1 MB, 595x763
BEHEAD ALL SATANS
>>
>>2320739
>new waifus
who?
>>
>>2321319
I don't browse /a/ but I'm sure there's always a new waifu every season.
On-topic, I regret not getting on that FNAF train while it was hot. Scott delivering fresh content every three months was crazy as fuck.
>>
>>2321287
> hating on SU
> can't even tell me why it's tumblr without regurgitating what you heard from edgy teenagers
>>
>>2321287
Yes.

>>2320739
I only capitalize off popularity if it's something I genuinely enjoy and want to do fanart of.
>>
>>2322242
He asked a question, the answer is yes or no, not implications.
Now, go back to tumblr
>>
>>2322245
>I only capitalize off popularity if it's something I genuinely enjoy and want to do fanart of.
I used to be like this but my favorite things are often obscure anime and games.

I'm sick of being ignored while I see shitty Steven Universe and One Punch Man sketches explode with popularity. I'm ready to start whoring myself out this year.
>>
>>2320739
>commissions
do you actually make bank ?
is possible to get dosh from anons ?
>>
>I only capitalize off popularity if it's something I genuinely enjoy and want to do fanart of.

Do you really believe that sakimichan follows the fandoms of all that fan art she draws?

I really doubt it.
>>
>>2322344
She's a jew, they only have fun if they make a lot of money. Joke's on you, fuckboi.
>>
>>2322299
When I want to clickbait I just draw pokemon.
Not even "muh realistic pokemon biology illustrations", just cute, cartoony pokes.
It always brings at least a dozen new watchers in dA/facebook and I actually like pokemon.
>>
>>2322339
It depends on your platform.
Here? No, at all.
In Hentaifoundry? Relatively easy.
In furaffinity? You bet you'll make mad bank, you'll also get your paypal closed and whatever money in there lost because these retards are fucking proud of their illness and will make it very obvious what they're paying for.
In deviantart? Yes, they buy a lot of OC pin-ups, action shots, portraits and turnarounds.
In facebook? From time to time, usually bigger projects like album covers or family portraits.
In tumblr? Not at all. the average blogger is a done and limits themselves to consuming what's already made. SJWs not only don't have any money but actually believe you should work for them for free, for the "cause".
Don't know about pinterest, and reddit is tumblr but even poorer.
>>
>>2322489
Good to know. I actually like Pokemon and I love drawing cute stuff, so I won't feel like as much of a shill.
>>
>>2322299
you don't like ANYTHING that's has a following? And never have? Oh you do because you're a human with the internet? But you don't like it enough to draw for it? senpai, senpai honey bb, you have bigger problems then popularity, sweety.
>>
>>2323058
> butthurt tumblr universe fan detected
kek ur privilege
>>
Undertale beat ocarina of time

:^)
>>
>>2323670
don't be silly. if he really doesn't like any popular media enough to enjoy drawing something for it, he's either a hipster-fag who needs to rethink his judgement (~obscure anime~) or he's an idiot and isn't thinking outside the box. Probably both. Everyone likes something that was/is popular enough to be decent clickbait. Favorite movie as a kid? Favorite cartoon? Band? TV show? I don't care if you think it's shit now, you loved it for a reason, so capture that.

And if you don't like them enough to draw for them, you're not going anywhere as an artist. That suggests you suck at appreciating the beauty in little things, so unless you are a huge fanboy for bowls of fruit and studies for some reason, it probably means you don't enjoy the act of drawing very much. You don't have to be a star wars fanboy to enjoy drawing a stormtrooper. Or to study the design techniques used in Disney films. Or to do a damn portrait study with the Doctor instead of some no-name model.

You don't even need to go a fanart-route for clickbait stuff, either. Cute animal art gets followers. Same with any kind of fetish or softcore stuff. Generic anime too. Doing tuts, offering free lines, there's a ton of things you can use as clickbait. You just gotta check out what people like and find give it a shot when you jive with it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.