[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic not sure if I should post this here but. Even though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: $_35.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Hey /ic not sure if I should post this here but. Even though I've cleaned the shit out of my spray gun I still can't get the paint to spray consistently. What gives? Pic related
>>
take it apart and soak everything in solvent overnight then dry and reassemble it you fucking moron
>>
>>2317523
Thanks captain obvious!!! I'm looking for educated solutions you fuckin retard
>>
>>2317525
how the fuck am I supposed to troubleshoot your fucking spray gun over the godamn internet with your vague as fuck description of the problem? my only reasonable course of action is to assume you are a completely retarded fuck up and give you the best, most diplomatic solution I can come up with because short of gunking up your piece of shit gun with lazy idiot maintenance routine your dumb ass probably somehow accidnetally shoved the needle up your ass and lost it
>>
>>2317527
Wow!! All u can come up with is a " gunked up spray gun" fuck your dumb. Did u ever take the time and think of other possible problems. So if u can't use your fuckin brain to put some real thought into then just shut the fuck up. Considering you are a fuckin retard. Did u ever consider it could be a compressor issue. Or the paint is too thick or I could have a bad air hose? ? Use your head you fuckin faggot!! Eat a dick
>>
>>2317546
This looks like something from your average YT comment section, it's kinda wonderful
>>
>>2317546
OH WOW, you were able to come up with some ideas on your own! So, why haven't you tried them out then, idiot? Are you old enough to wipe your own ass? Do you consult with Ask Yahoo before picking which brand of ketchup to buy?

Jesus fucking Christ if you don't soon accidentally kill yourself while trying to tie your own shoes I swear to god you will starve to death when your mother forgets to feed you.
>>
10/10 thread, truly showcases the best /ic/ has to offer.
>>
>>2317553
See that's what happens when u can actually think for yourself. I've tried all of those idea's you fuckin queer That's why I'm In this situation. So is there any chance u have something intelligent to say?? Or is that all u can talk about is wiping my ass. U realize u have absolutely no insite on any thing right? I mean it's obvious you're a fuckin uneducated place of waste that probably contributes nothing to society what so ever. Except for those stupid ass comments. You fuckin faggot!!
>>
Define "spray consistently". What do you mean by that? Either your air supply is shit and isn't able to keep up consistent pressure, the mechanism blowing air through is not working, or your gun is still clogged.

You can probably find the airbrush's manufacturer online and call them, I'm sure they have a customer support hotline
>>
>>2317599
Final! Somebody that has a brain. When I use my airbrush it will spray good then all of a sudden the paint will just kinda stop coming out.and then it'll just blast it out. And I notice that the paint in bowl will start to bubble up and will shot out chunks from the top. Are u thinking it might be my compressor then??
>>
>>2317660
You don't know how your own compressor works and you are calling other people brainless?
>>
>>2317660
My fucking god... You're a fucking disgrace, don't buy stuff you have no clue how to use or how they work and ask us: "HURR DURR I BROKE MY THING HOW DO I FIX IT LOOK LIKE THIS HELP PLS U R STUPID IF U SAY IM STUPID FUK U GUYS IM NOT STUPID"
Throw your piece of crap in the bin
>>
Well everything seems to be in working order u fuckin retards!! I've obviously sat done and tried everything that I thought might be the problem. The compressor runs fine and shows no signs of being broken in anyway. And the airbrush has been cleaned out like crazy. U people are fuckin idiots. Why is it so hard for u to offer useful information!?!? I take it you're a " know it all" piece of shit! And yes u are obviously quite dumb!!
>>
>>2317660
Based on what you said about paint bubbling up, and particularly about it shooting up chunks of paint, I'm going to assume you're using Acrylics.

Paint will chunk up when you mix your paint poorly. When thinning Acrylics for a airbrush, you need to mix your water into your solution slowly as you go. If you dump your water in with your paint all at once, you'll get a mixture that isn't thinned evenly. You should also add in an airbrushing medium.

What I think is happening is, your brush shoots out the wet stuff sitting at the bottom, until a slightly thicker piece gets clogged in the system. Pressure builds, and eventually it shoots it all out, and the release in pressure shoots some up out of the top.

If you want to test if it is your compressor, try running it dry for a bit and seeing if you notice the pressure go up or down, or cut out. That shouldn't happen, though. You could do what they used to do back in the day, where we got compressed air tanks from the supply room and work from those, so all the artists weren't using 12 different compressors.

I don't know about using Gouache or dyes, if that's what you're using. I'd just google how to mix your paints for them.

But yeah. From the sounds of it, you just need to look into how to thin paint for an airbrush.
>>
>>>/diy/
>>
>>2317546
reported for dumbass
>>
>>2318122
Awesome, thanks. Yeah I've tried mixing the paint but it sounds like I need to be more careful with it. And I've noticed the difference between the different brands of paint as well. I have a bunch of different ones and they all seem to have a difference in the thickness of the paint. I've been airbrushing for quite a few years now, and that's what bugs me the most about this whole situation. Cause I've never had this kind of issue before. But thanks for the input. I appreciate the insite about this problem
>>
>>2317518
thats a funny looking crack pipe
>>
>>2318122
Yep this is the answer. Airbrushing is about consistency, if its not thinned out then your spray will clog and other stuff.

Also, i'm surprised you wrote such a helpful response... as the OP was kind of being a huge dickwad.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.