[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ic/. I am drawing an artwork for an art competition. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: faber castell watercolor.jpg (284 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
faber castell watercolor.jpg
284 KB, 1600x1200
Hi /ic/. I am drawing an artwork for an art competition. The thing can't be drawn traditionally. I used a Faber Castell 24 colour pencil set to colour the thing. Now my artwork has very limited colours and the colour scheme kind of sucks like pic related. How cna I fix it?
>>
mixing colors, glazing over another. What do you mean by traditionally?
>>
>>2317380
Oh sorry, that should be digitally
>>
OK, there are many ways to approach this thing, all depends on the aesthetic you want to be presented. First, Keep doing color studies, just see what overlaying colors will do, and also think about the pressure you use to get a different colors. The dragon comes off as very very flat. So, try finding the form of the dragon. (pro tip: don't use pure black or grey for your shadows)
>>
>>2317379
Being under the age of 18 is against the rules, come back when your older.
>>
>>2317483
I am 19
>>
>what its mixing the colors?
>>
>>2318356
You're not going to win, and if you do know that it isn't that your good, its that the others were worse than even you.

Don't think you can't get good though, if you enjoy it keep going, that's all that matters in the end.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.