[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1353290550996.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1353290550996.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Questions go here.
>>
Why don't we draw lips?

Does it add too much detail to that specific part of the face in comparison to the rest? Is it because the lips aren't so much a form as a color change?

I have this horrible habit of wanting to add a bottom lip to my drawings and it makes my characters look pouty or just plain retarded. This has been happening less and less as I catch myself, but I think it's just from growing up feeling that when you draw a girl you have to draw the lips.
>>
>>2308206

I think its because it has too much of a contrast when the rest of the face and body isnt shaded and it just ends up looking bad.
>>
What kind of brush is that?
>>
>>2308206
There are no such rule unless you talk about you being conditioned to anime/manga freakish symbol drawing is cute (your image related). Normally one would put down a line if there's a sharp contrast between two areas. If you then want to simplify or style a drawing them some contrasts are more important for conveying the message.
>>
Where can you find good brushes for photoshop that simulate tradition art?
>>
I'm retarded and don't get vanishing points despite dedicating a lot of time to them. Is there someone/something that explains it simply so I can grasp it?
>>
>>2308364
that fucking anime with the violin girl did that, draw the lips i mean, and it was instantly off-putting
>>
File: brush.png (20 KB, 313x932) Image search: [Google]
brush.png
20 KB, 313x932
>>2308483
>good
It entirely depends on your understanding of what you are trying to do if a brush can be good. If you want to be good at digital painting then it's not a troll when people tell you to start designing your own (It's easy).

That said, photoshop does come with a lot of stored default brushes. Including water coloring and charcoal.
>>
>>2308501
A vanishing point is a point where all lines that are parallel to each other appear to converge. This applies to all lines EXCEPT those orthogonal to your line of sight. If you look straight ahead through a window, any line that exists I the plane of the window (or is parallel to one) will not have a vanishing point.

This ignores wide angle lenses, which can be thought of as you looking ahead and stitching that view with adjacent views from you turning your head slightly. In this scenario, lines parallel to the window are no longer orthogonal to your line of sight as you turn your head slightly.

Any set of parallel lines (that aren't orthogonal to your line of sight) will have their own unique vanishing point that they share with any other line parallel to them. This means that in a scene you aren't limited to 2 or 3 vanishing points. That might work of everything is a cube and lined up with each other. The second you start rotating or tilting those cubes, you now have new vanishing points for those cubes.
>>
How do I get good at drawing surfaces lines on spheres?

I am trying over and over again, but they either end up way too flat, or they don't look correct in perspective.
>>
File: etilize_56815.png (283 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
etilize_56815.png
283 KB, 900x900
On the topic of brushes, I'm looking for a Photoshop brush with a thumbnail that sort of looked like an eraser (pic-related) and if I remember correctly it wasn't highly textured or anything.

Anyway I figured this was probably the best place to ask maybe someone here has it or a brush similar to it?
>>
File: 1443402523862.jpg (462 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1443402523862.jpg
462 KB, 720x720
can you mix eye types in character design?

i have a character with eye whites. and a character with no eye whites. can having them both in a cast look cohesive? i know steven universe has some characters with pupils and some not, but the eye white thing im not sure about
>>
What happened to the guy that was homeless and use to post from hostels or something. His dad died or cheated on his mom he got caught in the crossfire or something. He was trying to make it and painted some sign and didn't get paid IIRC. I think he was in tehmehs stream about 2 years ago, but out of nowhere I just remembered him and was curious if I missed what happened to him.
>>
File: sothe-fire-emblem-big.jpg (129 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
sothe-fire-emblem-big.jpg
129 KB, 1024x1448
I really love the fire emblem art style and lineart style, and I want to push my art in that sort of direction.

With the interior linework on the clothes and skin, I notice that its not black but a shade of the surrounding color. I've tried lowering the opacity of my lines or using a blend layer, but I haven't been able to recreate the effect.

Does anyone know how they're doing it, or the wort of workflow they're likely using?
>>
>>2308702
search how to colour lineart, or 'colored lines', since lowering opacity will just get you greyish lines
>>
>>2308702
Could have those lines on a multiply layer
>>
File: multiply.png (16 KB, 596x466) Image search: [Google]
multiply.png
16 KB, 596x466
>>2308711
Maybe you could link me one? The only ones I'm seeing is either using flat colors on inked work, or how to paint out the lines altogether.

>>2308735
Multiply doesn't seem to have any effect. Overlay at least gives me a step in the right direction, but it still looks too light.
>>
>>2308702
If done digitally, he's just plating around with the value and saturation of the same hue. And then using what somewhere looks like a pressure sensitive brush with opacity, low flow or a texture to apply it.

I would not call it a good way of shading but it sort of works when the background is entirely white and there is no defined light source.
>>
>>2308749

Goddamnit, you bunch of daft fuckers.

1. Have your lineart on a separete layer
2. Lock empty pixels (you want the little box with the grey and white squares) on said lineart layer
3. Go to town on lineart layer with brush and whatever colour you want
4. ¿¿¿¿
5. PROFIT!

Was that so hard?
>>
What is the Picasso conspiracy theory?
I think its from /ic/
>>
What's the difference between a reference and a copy? As an absolute beginner (stick figure tier) which should I be doing more and what should I be focusing on when I do it?
>>
>>2308581
thanks for the explanation, anon. i still dont get it but i think im starting to.
>>
File: Doc Dec 7, 2015, 5-56 PM.jpg (1 MB, 2763x2280) Image search: [Google]
Doc Dec 7, 2015, 5-56 PM.jpg
1 MB, 2763x2280
I'm doing the first batch of Proko figure drawing videos. Proko says when practicing figure drawing, I should pretty much measure incessantly and make sure everything is exactly in the right spot. While my stuff doesn't always match the model exactly, everything is pretty proportionate and the figure comes out balanced. Should I be so concerned?
I'm pretty sure I've heard Sheldon Borenstein and Glenn Vilppu insist not to copy the model precisely for favor of inventing a little more.
picture related
not exact but looks sort of okay to me.
>>
Aspiring comic artist here

I feel like I'm good enough that I'm not shit but not good enough to get a job doing comics. Is this a good place to be?
>>
>>2308920
(1/2)
Imagine you're in an empty desert. Attached to your head and about 1ft straight in front of you is a glass window. This glass window is always perpendicular to your line of sight. Imagine that you can't see anything outside of that glass window. Whenever you turn your head, the window moves with your head so that it's always orthogonal to your line of sight and straight in front. This glass window is a stand-in for your canvas.

In this desert is a set of train tracks that just goes in a straight line. The tracks has two metal rails that are parallel IRL. For EVERY possible angle you can look at these train tracks (except directly down at them), the rails don't look parallel if you trace what you see in the window using a marker. Since they're not parallel on the window marker tracing, they must meet at some point. Some times this is within the boundary of the window, but many times it's far off the window boundary. Where the marker tracings on the window meet, is a vanishing point for that set of IRL parallel lines. ANY other line that is parallel to those rails IRL will converge to the same vanishing point derived from your window marker tracings.

Now imagine a scene where there's the same train tracks as before, but now you have a few more sets of tracks. Your original set might be going straight ahead. Another set goes off to the right, one goes to the left but rotated at 45 degrees. One is straight, but going uphill at a 30 degree slope. Imagine you can see all of those tracks at once through you window and nothing else. Each set of tracks has it's own unique vanishing point (unless they're parallel with another set of tracks IRL).
>>
>>2308932

A master is an eternal student. Even if you were already a professional and making money, you should be trying to improve at all times.
>>
>>2308920
>>2308942
(2/2)
Let's take a different example, but with cubes. Imagine a cube in front of you. Your looking at one face of the cube straight on. The cube has an X, Y and Z axis (with Z pointing up and down, and the XY plane is the ground plane). If one plane of the cube is facing you, this means that two of its axes are orthogonal to your line of sight (say it was the X and Z axes). This means that those sets of lines don't have a vanishing point. Only the lines for the Y axis would have a vanishing point, and that vanishing point will be straight in front of you. This is one point perspective.

Let's rotate that cube a bit along the vertical Z axis. Now the lines for the cube's Z axis are still orthogonal to your line of sight, but now both the X and Y axis lines aren't. The lines for the X axis point to an X-Vanishing point to the left, and the Y axis lines point to a Y-Vanishing point to the right. This is two point perspective.

Now we can take this rotate cube, and tilt it forward a bit. A corner of the cube is pointed towards us. This time, none of the cube's lines are orthogonal to your line of sight. The X-lines of the cube point to a new X-Vanishing point, the Y-lines point to a new Y-vanishing point, and the Z-lines point to a Z-vanishing point. This is three point perspective.

That was one cube. Now imagine we have 5 cubes, all in the same orientation. They'll share vanishing points (1-3, depending on which orientation we choose for the whole set). If we now have the cubes floating in random orientations, none of them sharing any IRL parallel lines, then each cube has it's own set of vanishing points (1-3 for each, depending on if we have any sides or planes orthogonal to our line of sight).

The number of vanishing points in a given scene depends on how many sets of IRL parallel lines you have. Every full set of IRL parallel lines that aren't orthogonal to your line of sight is a vanishing point.
>>
I am 21 can I still be a good artist
>>
>>2308956

You could be 60 and never having touched a pencil in your life, and turn out a good artist.
>>
>>2308956
Nope. At 20 and 11 months there's a part of your brain designated to drawing that shuts off, and you're stuck at that skill level for the rest of your life.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-2073591.jpg (113 KB, 800x1147) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-2073591.jpg
113 KB, 800x1147
When do I know i'm ready?
>>
I have an intuos 4 from years and years ago. I'm looking for an on par or better tablet that's under $200 to ask for Christmas. Anyone know of a good one with pressure settings? Or is that too optimistic with that price?
>>
Is it normal to get extremely frustrated when doing studies? It just makes me so mad that I'm not able to capture the likeness and it totally puts me on tilt. Do I just push through?
>>
>>2308343
Anyone?
>>
>>2308513
Thanks
>>
>>2309157
That's normal for any activity where the results don't meet your expectations. Either your expectations are unrealistic, or you're having an off day - maybe you're rushing things where you should slow down, think, measure, etc.

Try changing up subject matter, or being more methodical with your studies. If the results look like crap, that means it's a subject area that you need to do more studies in. Don't expect one study of a subject to look good, but the average study after doing 1000 of them to look better than the average you do now.
>>
>>2308975
What? Well then...
>>
im that guy who was posting those shitty figure outlines from imagination in the last beginner thread. is dynamic figures by hogarth a good resource for drawing figures from imagination?
>>
File: 1438865649379.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1438865649379.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>2309250
He was joking...

Of course you can get good at 21.

I am 21 myself and I'm getting back into drawing since I stopped one year ago.
>>
>>2309157
>Is it normal to get extremely frustrated when doing studies? It just makes me so mad
>>2309248
>That's normal for any activity where the results don't meet your expectations.

I would say that's not normal but each their own. Sounds like a source of motivation thing.

But I guess it's as good a motivator as any if the result is that you learn about the value of hard work, which talent and potential is useless without.
>>
>>2309257
I can confirm that he was not joking. We are genetically geared to shut off our learning ability in drawing when we have experienced 20 summers. The only way around this is to live near equator or the poles.
>>
both art and my other job prospect wont' make me any money and I have no degree and won't be getting one anytime soon

what do I do?
>>
>>2309266
figure out what you can do that people needs or wants and then start your own business. Learn some new skills. Lower your standards for job prospects. Become homeless and regret not taking responsibility for your own well being. Stop being entitled, lazy and take charge of your own life. Stop blaming things out of your control but instead your inability to adapt and respond. In short, become an adult.
>>
>>2309265
the excuses people can find out to convince themselves into that they cant make it...

i also heard there was a magic fairie giving away git gud talents when you were 5 year old. if you missed it, well you should just give up.
>>
>>2309349
>the excuses people can find out to convince themselves into that they cant make it...
>excuses

I don't think you are ready for the internet, let alone 4chan yet.
>>
I've always used SAI and but I now have free access to photoshop due to school, should I bother learning it?
>>
>>2309363
id personally say yes just because you have more possibilities with photoshop and also a text editing tool (the lack of it in sai really annoys me)
>>
File: question.png (163 KB, 331x297) Image search: [Google]
question.png
163 KB, 331x297
Guys where can I change this sort of transparent effect?

Seems like pressed something by mistake.

I would a more "dense" paint.. like oil painting.
>>
>>2309500
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/basic-brush-stroke-types

Your image, each layer and the brush itself can all have flow and opacity enabled. Turning both off all those 3 places will give you a pure solid color.
>>
>>2309265
This, people cant learn past 20 years old, at least with any meaningful success
>>
>>2309548

I have it on 100% flow 100% opacity

Maybe is some special brush setting?

I am actually using Matt Kohr´s 3 basic brushes
>>
Any recommendations on a good display tablet for around 400ish?
Don't mean to repost, already asked on another
thread but didn´t get any solid answer.
>>
Has anyone finished Scott Robertsons how to draw book? I'm trying to go through it but everything past the perspective grids and maybe mirroring seem so precise that it's almost autistic
>>
What board are you using? A2, A3? What should I get?
>>
>>2309586
don't forget the equator part. It is scientifically proven and have been discussed in 3 articles in Popular Science and National Geographic. People stay young forever near equator, like literally.

I read it on the internet and my dog confirmed it.
>>
>>2309595
If your brush looks like that then you got flow or opacity enabled. You need to check the document, the layer and the brush setting (3 different places. Top of your bar and in the "brush" and "layers" windows). Just confirming that it is not enabled in one of them is not enough.
>>
File: question kron.png (1 MB, 1508x732) Image search: [Google]
question kron.png
1 MB, 1508x732
guys the other day fellow ic anon took a drawing in black and white (left) and apply some filters or shit I don´t know to "kronalize" it (right).

What specific filters or tools did he used?

p.s. If you are reading this... you really "kronalized" it! :)
>>
>>2309636
Use a Levels adjustment layer to push the contrast, paint the eyes to have a bit more form and a large highlight, add chromatic aberration. He may have sharpened it it a bit too, but it's hard to tell since the contrast is up and there is chromatic aberration, both of which may be making it look sharper in some areas.
>>
File: 4353453455.jpg (70 KB, 729x960) Image search: [Google]
4353453455.jpg
70 KB, 729x960
Disregard weeb shit, but does anyone know what kind of blending technique is used to achieve the texture seen in her uniform?
>>
When it comes to crosshatching or hatching rounded surfaces, how do I keep the curved hatching from looking like shit? Can I just stick with straight lines?
>>
is getting Wacom Bamboo a good choice? Right now I have an opportunity to buy a used one at a relatively cheap price. I'm still in the beginner phase so I'm probably not going to switch to digital drawing any time soon but it seems like my country's economy's going down the shitter after New Year so I kinda want to get the best of it. I'm asking because I don't want to spend my money, realize that what I bought was shit and be forced to spend an even bigger amount of money later on.
>>
>>2310609
I probably should have mentioned it's CTH470k. Or maybe not. Again, I don't know shit about tablets.
>>
>>2310609
If you can afford it get a intuos medium. But if not, wacom tablets are never shit and last forever.
>>
>>2308206
What you mean is, why don't we "overwork the lips", the reason is because that much detail just below the center of the face changes focus dramatically.

>>2310609
No, the bamboos are too small and will give you carpel tunnel.
Save for a medium sized int pro, you'll be thankful you did.
>>
What's the best way to fight off comparing your art to others?
>>
what does /ic/ mean by 'art study'?
>>
Aspiring good-drawer here. Currently shit-drawer. What do yall recommend a shit-drawer such as myself start with, Tracing, Free-Hand Redrawing, Shitty custom work until it becomes not so shit? Looking for a starting point and have no idea what to work on first.
>>
>>2310737
grow up

>>2310767
I dunno. What do you mean by it? (You are /ic/ as far as I'm concerned)

>>2310769
study the objects you want to draw instead of drawing from imagination. Don't use other peoples drawings for reference (just inspiration). Start looking up what the next got to offer (Example below).

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/draw-100
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (284 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
284 KB, 960x720
>>2310775
Third-Guy Here, the Shit-Drawer. This is the kind of stuff I hope to one day be able to draw, but only you know, less shitty and hopefully not on a sticky-note. It may not look like much but in my mind I see quite a brilliant landscape, rolling hills stripped bare of trees but abundant in tall grass and wheats, the sun behind the distant mountain casting a shadow over the valley, with the single landmark a strangely alien tower, oddly fortified for such a barren landscape.

I think of alot of these things, a deser barren save for the un-naturally dazzling sun, a lake reflecting a moon almost more beautiful than the one in the sky. I can describe them, not so great at making it happen. I just truly don't know where to dip my fingers, because as you can see, this is the extent of my abilities, sticky note or otherwise.
>>
>>2310794
Forget about digital media for now then. Get a sketch book and bring it along with you where ever you go. Use all these small break you get that you normally just spend on waiting and listening to music, to draw. Draw horizons, landscapes, people, cars, everything you see to learn and communicate those things well on paper. Maybe think of your motive in context of a story to not make it boring. A good image needs things going on anyway.

Once you have improved your observation skills, gotten a better understanding of form and improved your pen craftsman skills you can decide in which direction you want to take it.

In the link above there's a site library that contains some basic tip on traditional drawing. Watching them all would probably be a good start (They are short).
>>
File: IMG_0329.jpg (258 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
258 KB, 960x720
>>2310802
Thank you muchly, stranger. I have alot of downtime since my work is on an as-hired schedule, I'll see if I can't take some walks and illustrate some of my surroundings. Here's one last aspiring good-drawer original work for ya', I hope it's acceptable payment for the advice and link.
>>
Is gimp able to replace Photoshop or if im getting into it should just go to learning Photoshop instead?
>>
File: Model-Package-Cover-6.jpg (29 KB, 450x217) Image search: [Google]
Model-Package-Cover-6.jpg
29 KB, 450x217
Can someone share the latest sets?
>>
>>2310858
Photoshop is an industrial standard, while nobody really cares about gimp.
Go for photoshop.
>>
I'm using a wacom Intuos 3 and my pen is kind of dead, will the newest ones be compatible with it, or do I have to find another Intuos 3 pen?
>>
>>2310990
how dead? have you changed the tip? Your pen holder comes with 10 replacements inside. You can also change the settings for sensitivity with the software that you installed to make the tablet work.
>>
>>2311007
It comes from my mother's attic, so there was no replacements. As for the pen, everything works fine as long as I hold the pen perfectly still, so I can still work with it but it makes everything that involves curves a nightmare. I was thinking of buying stuff like http://www.amazon.fr/Wacom-Intuos3-Customisation-Personnalisation-Stylet/dp/B0006GAHUG/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449689354&sr=1-3&keywords=wacom+intuos+3 but 30 € for this seems like a rip-off
>>
>>2311028
It might be broken but it sounds like the tip is just worn down. When people who don't understand the tool they often discard the holder for some odd reason, as if it was just some wrapping they forgot to bring with them. It's actually pretty important spare parts.

Anyway, try and pull the tip out. If it's not long enough for you to get a good grab on then it's obviously too worn down.
>>
I've been practicing from the ground up starting with Keys. I've been practicing my lines, circles, shapes, 3d perspective shapes, and the studies in the book. What else should I be practicing drawing if life models are hard to come by (I have more time to draw at work)
>>
>>2311037
I already pulled the tip out many times, to no avail. I guess I'll have to buy spare parts. Anyway, thanks for your help
>>
>>2310858
>2015
>not using Krita
>>
who's book will help me get a good foundation in drawing landscapes?
>>
How do I stop myself from using the same two poses when trying to draw someone?
>>
>>2311350
Start running screaming towards your target and draw their reaction in the process.
>>
anyone know where I can get a copy of Dennou Coil Visual Collection? Im gonna be training for an animation company soon but I'd like to get an idea how it all works
>>
I just bought Clip Studio Paint Pro since it was 70% off and I've heard good things about it.
Any quirks, features or headaches with it that I should know about before I start using it for real?
>>
>>2309612
Anyone?
>>
>>2310775
Aren't we supposed to copy masters to see how they arrived at construction though?
>>
Solid construction method for drawing hands from all angles? I'm not sure where to start. Sketching the "a gesture" of the hand? step by step figures? Draw the thing that's on top first? Telling me "do whatever works for you" - already past that part, tried them all, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't so I'm back at square one.
>>
I have 200 pages worth of black/white printer credits that I can't carry over to the next semester.

What are things that would be useful for a beginner to print out? inb4 loomis
>>
How do you draw on a white canvas? Something wrong with my eyes? It's the equivalent of looking directly into the sun for me.

You specifically may not, but I watch a lot of streamers sketch on white pads like normal.
>>
>>2311662

Well firstly, I personally use f.lux at 4400k.

Secondly, I sometimes add a light blue background only to not draw on white - it's pretty fun when you make rough drawings with a greenish lumi layer on a dark background.

Note that your end coloring might look different to other people if you're using f.lux, since you're trying to make things look right with that lowered contrast.

So maybe the streamers you've seen also see the stuff differently to what you see on the stream, since they're changing their monitor settings.
>>
What exactly is symbol thinking or drawing and how do you get rid of it?
>>
>>2311725
If I say tree, the standard image of a straight log with a spherical bushy cloud of leaves on top is a symbol. This is your brain's stand-in image that just represents "tree." It isn't any specific tree. It's a symbol for a tree. You get rid of it by examining, in this case, how trees are actually composed, by drawing them from life, etc. Essentially, where before your brain had few details, you stuff in knowledge. The symbol is ostensibly still in there, but you now know that that isn't really any tree, and so you draw based on what you now know trees actually look like.
>>
>>2311594
>Aren't we supposed to copy
no. You need to understand the basics they do in order to draw like them. You don't learn that from copying their results. Once you got your fundamentals down you can be inspired by other artist. That will also make you see what they do in another light and make you able to understand what is going on instead of you just fumbling in blind.
>>
>>2311768
Everyone says to copy the pictures while doing Loomis or Hampton or Villpu or whatever though.
>>
>>2311782
I'm pretty sure those books themselves tell you to study real life objects. Doing your own version of something and then copying a picture are two different things. Learning the anatomy and then trying to draw muscles on top of one of your own drawing and only when you are done comparing the results is a study. Just trying to copy the angles of a drawing you see in a book wont get you very far.
>>
>want to draw
>I got the time to draw
>I feel like I got the hang of basicest of the basics
>but I don't like drawing at all
>I can't find it enjoyable no matter what I draw, or how I draw it
>no imagination whatsoever
>took a months long break
>came back
>I can see how much I've improwed from zero skill to what I managed in a few days (It's not good, but I did make a good bit of improving)
>no desire to draw even though I'm getting better and I can clearly see it
>still don't find it fun

I just want to be good at drawing
>>
>>2311791
If I remember correctly, life drawing doesn't come until way later in Loomis. And yes, life drawing is always the best case scenario but it won't help if you don't have the fundamentals in the first place.

I guess what I meant by copying is in an active sense rather than mindless.
>>
>>2311831
Draw more of what you want, realize that you're shit so you have the motivation to get better. Rinse, repeat.

A vague understanding of not being good is really different than actually feeling you're not good enough in the moment I think.
>>
>>2311831
My first thought was "obviously you don't like drawing" but I actually have the feeling you may be depressed. Could be worth investigating. Don't give it up, keep coming back to it and figure out if you're ok.
>>
>>2311362
I loved that series.
http://www.animebooks.com/decovico.html
>>
>>2311851
you know, fuck this, why the fuck am I posting blogs here
>>
What's a good artist to look at if I'm struggling with the subtle hue/value shifts in the face without losing the brustrokes. (No bougerau...but more like zorn or sargent.)
>>
ok is there a guide to proportions for the human body thats not the 7.5-8 heads? I have no idea why but ive always hated that guide and feel like theres something better out there.
>>
File: prop2.jpg (179 KB, 746x814) Image search: [Google]
prop2.jpg
179 KB, 746x814
>>2312092
You mean like a kid?
>>
>>2312101
nah i mean is there another way to do proportions that doesnt involve stacking heads?
(I think the ancient greeks had a way where they layered 3 circles on top of each other as a way to define body proportions but i havent found anything about it outside my art history class)
>>
>>2312106
why don't you try and work it out for yourself, draw some circles over photos and see what you can find?
>>
>>2308158
why dont cute animes have noses?
>>
File: vitruvian-man-clip-art.jpg (54 KB, 403x425) Image search: [Google]
vitruvian-man-clip-art.jpg
54 KB, 403x425
>>2312106
Probably, but I think head stacking is just a tool for the desperate. Can't recall if I ever used it. There are so many surface relations...
>>
I look at a line in my reference and try to make a mark in the same shape on my paper. The line on my paper is vastly different from the one in the reference.
Are there any resources teaching something as basic as this? I've been through the beginner books in the sticky (No, I'm not symbol drawing.) but I always end up working through to things that are way beyond me before I've even managed to make proper lines.
Do I need to stop practicing this by copying lines of complicated objects (the human figure) and instead just draw random simple objects? I've been struggling through this for a few months and 100+ hours now and I don't think I could keep this up if I wouldn't at least be looking at cute girls while being confronted with how much of a failure I am.
>>
>>2312129
Can you post an example? Lines don't exist in real life, they are just representations of contrast. A finished picture shouldn't contain any of the lines you blueprint with.
>>
>>2312132
A pencil always moves over the paper in a line. He's also clearly not at a point where he should be concerned with shading and contrast and then the only thing he has to work with is contour.

>>2312129
Do you have the same problem when you're drawing from life/photographs/lineart? The answer to this question should tell you wether your problem is with perception or execution.
>>
>>2312140
>He's also clearly not at a point where he should be concerned with shading and contrast and then the only thing he has to work with is contour.

That doesn't make sense. If you are drawing a line you have to be looking at contrast and asking yourself if there is enough contrast to justify a line being here.
>>
>>2312129
it's about how you hold the pen. Sometimes you need to lock your hand and wrist and draw from your elbow and shoulder. It's not something you can do well right away. In basic classes I hear they train that stuff for hours, just drawing repeated shapes.
>>
I heard somewhere that 2mm lead is supposed to be 90 sticks for $6

The best deal I can find is 6 sticks for $3.60

Where do you buy this shit
>>
Do I REALLY have to read all those books and watch a shit ton of videos in order to draw better or will just practicing help me?
>>
>>2312282
You have to have direction in your practicing. Books and videos will guide your practicing.
>>
Anyone know what this tool is? or any tool similar.
>>
>>2312392
looks like a pilot parallel pen
>>
If I want to buy some super sculpey to try out sculpture...which one should I buy?
Super Sculpey
Medium Blend
Super Sculpey Firm?
>>
>>2312392

Yea its a pilot parallel pen, I have one I use for caligraphy. Never knew they could be used for inking artwork. Can you link us the video?
>>
Beginner here, I found some constructing basic form in a loomis book, I learned from ic that I should have a lot of time down with basic form. But when I practice I found it more about perspective than about the form, and found myself practicing a lot of perspective instead. Am I even doing this right?
>>
File: 1373811132367.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1373811132367.gif
109 KB, 209x193
How do I memorize all this anatomy.
>>
>>2312603
repetition, family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0MrnzBJ8M
>>
>>2312418
i'm interested too.
i've been looking at fimo professional porcelain too because i'd like the sculpture to have a slightly translucent look but i'm looking for something easy to work with in the first place.
>>
>>2312445

Yes. It is right because you cant draw form without thinking in perspective.
Watch Peter han's excercises and Scott robertson's book. Both are online.
>>
A long while back I checked out a series someone suggested that for the most part dealt with improving traditional inking techniques and show you various exercises that are good for improving your lines.

Essentially it was doing a shit ton of the same basic exercises over and over again to get better.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the series or who did it. Anybody else have an idea of what I'm talking about or do you know of similar tutorials?
>>
>>2308343
If you want an answer post a less shitty pic
>>
>>2308661
That really depends on the finished rendering of the art piece. Mostly on how much contrast is within the characters themselves and relative areas.

Not all characters have to have the exact same design elements to look cohesive to eachother as a cast. Just pay attention to how you render them together.
>>
>>2312418
I've worked with the sculpey pictured, but not the firm. It's fairly sturdy, but might require an armature for most things. Don't know if firm is any different.

If you have one of those pasta makers, I've heard you can also make a blend of medium and firm.

The boxes aren't that large anyway, get a box of the regular and play around with it. Keep in mind that you'll have to knead it quite a lot to get it workable.
>>
>>2312646
Peter Han Dynamic Sketching I ?
>>
>>2312789
Yep, that's it, thanks.
>>
File: 1439974864253.jpg (43 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439974864253.jpg
43 KB, 512x512
>>2312418
>>2312621
>>2312786
I bit the bullet and got the regular super sculpey.
It is Suuuper soft. Like, you definitely need an armature for anything with limbs or extruded parts otherwise there's a lot of droop happening. It's very good for blending and just blocking in, though. But the more you work with it, the softer it gets.

I might get the firm as it might work a little better.
>>
>>2308990
For what?
>>
does anyone have the schoolism course Jason Seiler did on caricature. i cant find it on muh secret club
>>
>>2313154
i managed to find a batch of schoolism torrents on the pirate bay including this one. the dl speed is shitty but its something
>>
File: tidy.gif (977 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
tidy.gif
977 KB, 350x233
>>2308158
My hands get sweaty as fuck when I draw.

How can I fix this?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>2313244
It's no different from how you would fix getting sweaty from any other kind of exercise, anon.
>>
>>2313244

Medical cotton glove helps, atleast in making the paper/tablet receive less sweat.
>>
>>2310193
Look up Bernie Wrightson, particularly Mary Shelly's illustrated Frankenstein. Dude only uses straight lines to draw clouds.
>>
What can I use to learn if I seem to be brain-dead retarded when it comes to drawing? Everything I've tried has been too complicated for me, or seems to assume that I already understand some things without teaching me.

Fun With a Pencil, despite being a recommended starting point in the sticky, has easily been one of the worst offenders. Loomis says you only need to know how to draw a circle, but then suddenly expects you to draw full heads in 3D. I don't get it.
>>
File: ruikiriyama205.png (407 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
ruikiriyama205.png
407 KB, 500x750
>>2313262
>>2313287
Thanks fampais.
>>
How the fuck do you get into perspective with figures

It feels like most gesture websites dont provide images with heavy bird or worm eye views
>>
>>2308590
draw even lines on a ball with a string and a ruler and then draw it from observation with different tilts
>>
Does anyone know where I can watch SketchUp tutorials aside from youtube?
>>
Is there any place to get Peter Han's full dynamic sketching course? It looks really interesting but I seriously don't wanna spend 700$ on it.
>>
>>2313561
Cgpeers
>>
>>2313564
So I just have to wait until the 14th and join?
Or can I get it somewhere else as well?
Thanks for the tip anyhow.
>>
>>2313244
Sauce on that video... for reference purposes
>>
>>2313360
Keys to drawing or drawing on the right side
drawabox.com was kinda fun for me
>>
have sombody paintings of flowers
>>
>>2313566
Wait fir the 14th. The first week's lesson is for free on the site so you can start already
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 382x385) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 382x385
I want to be a comic artist and I guess I'm okay but what exactly are the fundamental things that all comic artists know if there are any? I'm talking about Marvel/DC type artists not weird ass webcomic jabronies doing cartoons or anything. I've already had a look at that how to draw comics the marvel way book fyi.

Also, how does one get to that level of good where all they draw is where dark areas are? I mean like Yoji Shinkawa's style, how does someonw get to that level? Where they just KNOW where everything goes with no real guide, like without drawing the shape of a face of anything, if that makes any sense, like pic related for example.
>>
What is 'photobashing'? I hear the term thrown around a lot, no idea what it means.
>>
>>2313601
alright, thanks pham
>>
>>2313599
Richard Schmid has painted a lot of flowers. Michael Klein has some nice ones as well.
>>
>>2308990
At some point you've just built enough confidence to stop asking these questions
>>
File: 1.jpg (737 KB, 1171x677) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
737 KB, 1171x677
Does anyone know what medium Mucha most commonly worked in? I've always assumed watercolor but I really can't tell.
>>
>>2313625
It's digital.
The use of overlays and gradients is oretty obvius if you zoom in
>>
>>2313625
He used illustrator
>>
Should I draw everything in 3 point perspective? Seems like the only time you use two point is when you are just drawing what is 1 meter in front of you.
>>
>>2313646
It's a matter of preference. That said, 3-point is unnecessary in most cases, and only really helps when you want to show very large scale things. The majority of paintings use 1 or 2 point.
>>
>>2313646
Imagine cubes around the forms of what you're drawing in the scene. If those boxes are oriented in a way that necessitates 3pt perspective, then use 3pt. If 3pt isn't necessary for those boxes, then it isn't necessary for the forms you're drawing.

Check if the verticals of your imagined boxes are perpendicular to your line of sight, or if they recede in space upwards or downwards. If they recede, use 3pt, if not, use 2pt. That is, if a corner of a box is closer to you than every other corner, then 3pt can be used. 2pt is often a good enough approximation for most cases.

More specifically, the boxes you draw/imagine around a form have an X, Y, and Z axis. If none of those axes are perpendicular to your line of sight, use 3pt for that form. If axis is perpendicular (usually the vertical axis for a box on a table in front of you), then use 2pt. If 2 axes are perpendicular to your line of sight, then use 1pt perpsective.

Also, what he said >>2313649. Don't over-complicate things. You only really need 3pt if the results will look better than 2pt.
>>
>>2313568
Here you go, sempai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF_axhXp38
>>
>>2313810
Thanks senpai
>>
Is there a book that can guide me through the fundamentals specifically?
>>
File: 1449949085430.jpg (41 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1449949085430.jpg
41 KB, 540x960
>what do guys wish for christmas ?

other than a qt gf or chinese drawing skills, I don't know what to wish for...
>>
>>2309265
Nice Tinfoil!
> :^)
>>
Opinions on Holbein watercolours? I was able to get a set of 60 5ml tubes for around 25 USD recently due to the seller fucking up on prices. I've read up that they're OK as far as artist quality goes, but wondering if anyone on /ic/ has used them.
>>
What makes someone a master artist? I mean what determines their status as masters? Are there any 20th century masters I can study? I like Norman Rockwell but I'm not sure if he qualifies as a master.
>>
/ic/ approved?
>>
How do I draw a skull with its mouth opened?
>>
>>2314134
Yes
>>
>>2309615
As in drawing board?
>>
File: 099i6543.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1400) Image search: [Google]
099i6543.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1400
>>2308661
Daria is the only example I can think of.
>>
>>2308661
yep! i had a character design teacher last year who really pushed us to vary up our eye designs.
>>
>>2314100
>Norman Rockwell
>not a master

You gotta be fucking kudding me.
He's one of the greatest illustrators of all time.
>>
How long should I spend on the upside-down Igor stage of the /ic/ sticky?
>>
>>2314295
You probably already left/done it but never, ever rush yourself. Rushing is one of the worst habits you can pick up as a beginner. Speed comes with practice; for now, focus on your accuracy.
>>
>>2314318
I meant, how long should I just do this part. Like, when do I know I'm reading to move onto Loomis and stuff?
>>
>>2314327
The upside-down Igor is just an exercise to help you accept the fact that your brain is fucking with you and you need to learn to observe angles, spaces, all that stuff. You don't have to do it more than once. Or even once.
Start with Keys to Drawing or Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. It's better to read them both. Check out Proko's videos, they're very helpful. Check out beginner threads, don't be afraid to post your work.
>>
A while back there were two private trackers being recommended, one of which was cgpeers - does anyone know what the other is? I'm looking for general art resources and most of the stuff on CGP is aimed at 3D...
>>
>>2314334
It was gfxpeers or something
>>
File: pulpbatman01_by_bumhand-d6k8yxv.jpg (144 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
pulpbatman01_by_bumhand-d6k8yxv.jpg
144 KB, 636x900
How I develop inking skills?
>>
Got a new PC, have an Intuos Pen, bound two keys to the pen buttons, launched Sai, bound said keys to two tools.

Everytime I click a pen button to change to another tool, it only changes to it for how long I hold the button, then goes back to the previous one. What do?

Already solver the color picker horror.
>>
Is drawabox a good place to start drawing?
I'm starting from the very bottom here.
http://drawabox.com/
>>
>>2314441

wow it was literally tool shift option... why didn't I have this problem last time even though using the same Sai folder...
>>
>>2308158
Looking for an artwork from a chinese artist? (was it ruanJia?)
The Artwork was the armor of a Gore Magala from Monster Hunter
>>
I want to work on getting general proportions,i remember /ic/ recommending something really good, a book or an artist , something along those lines. Anyone here have any idea of what im talking about?
>>
File: top.png (867 KB, 1950x2600) Image search: [Google]
top.png
867 KB, 1950x2600
How do I make this look better (the comics)?
Why does it look like shit?
http://energie-zivlu.blogspot.cz/p/geothermal-energy.html
>>
>>2314829
Read sticky.
There are no quick ways of making a shitty comic look good, you simply have to learn how to draw.
>>
File: 61v+D91wTgL._SL1359_.jpg (81 KB, 1359x680) Image search: [Google]
61v+D91wTgL._SL1359_.jpg
81 KB, 1359x680
>>2308158
Does anybody have experiance with there pencils. I heard great things an thought about buying them for myself this christmas, are they worth it?
>>
File: we.jpg (82 KB, 736x669) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
82 KB, 736x669
Are there ANY books that collect Walter Everett's work? It's fucking incredible but he had to be a faggot and burn everything.
>>
>>2314842
No, his work is pretty obscure, and there are only a handful of people who really care about his work (they are the ones who track down his images in old magazine and scan them for hte internet). I love his stuff and have spent time tracking down his images online, even then I only have about 60 files.

Also from what I heard he mostly burned his weaker works or his personal work and a lot of his illustration stuff still exists somewhere (in private hands mostly I assume) and the whole "burning his life's work" is an exaggeration that gets passed around as fact. You can find some discussions of stuff on this in the comment sections of blogs that post his work. It seems Kev Ferrara is one of the most knowledgable at the moment regarding Everett, at least that posts online.
>>
>>2314848
Thanks, would you mind uploading your folder for me? I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>2313244
>>2308158
My hand gets really cold when I draw. Poor circulation?
>>
>>2314842
when you learn that neets and shutins ( today we would call them weebs) are using your work to masterbate to and promote thier corrupt and perverted agendas, you too would burn it all
>>
How does one draw gesture with a very stiff pose.

Like the model just standing upright like some soldier. You can't get 'flow or rythm' into that sort of pose.
>>
File: prop_var.gif (49 KB, 795x764) Image search: [Google]
prop_var.gif
49 KB, 795x764
>>2314857
You're a wizard harry

>>2314842
Who's walter Everett

>>2314829
You're literally teaching first grade science in your shit comic

>>2314441
Don't use the fucking pen buttons, I don't cuz theyre fucking RETARDED SHIT

>>2314508
No.

>>2314370
You Ink.

>>2314295
No.

>>2314149
No.

>>2314100
Rockwell is shit

>>2313877
No.

>>2313604
Drawing from photos

>>2313602
You're either born with talent or you aren't. Comic artists all know how to paint!

>>2313403
Fuck perspective.

>>2313360
You're literally brain dead, don't do art.

>>2312280
Fucking use a pen

>>2312060
Sakimichan

>>2311601
Vilppu

>>2311599
First draw the wrist

>>2311040
3D model

>>2309609
A bamboo

>>2309256
No

>>2309027
Bamboo's have the best pressure settings of them all

>>2308802
He's shit
>>
>>2313403
Mainly just setting the horizon line and vanishing points at an extreme enough distance to make the perspective visible. Then you make boundary lines with said vanishing points and horizon line and make sure the figure stays withing said boundary.
>>
how would you draw a traditional picture of something black? like a black cat for example? say you want to have it all rendered out n stuff?

i just dont know how to approach drawing a black object
>>
>>2314882
What medium are you using? and it depends on the material of the object
>>
>>2314882
Be very observant and think about traits the object has that aren't just "black".

A cat's coat is shiny, look how in this image it reflects the blue light from the sky. On the other side there's warm reddish colours in the fur and on the ears too, the cat isn't just black.

Even matte black objects aren't voids that absorb all light, some still gets reflected and shows the form.

If you do want to use complete darkness for effect have a look at some chiaroscuro paintings, think about lost edges and how you can intentionally eschew information. Studying silhouette is important for making things read without interior information.
>>
>>2314886
not sure about the medium yet, thats why im asking in advance

>>2314888
hmm, i see. so what if you arent drawing with references?
>>
>about to sit down to paint
>tube cap is stuck as fuck
>no problem, boil some hot water to jostle it loose with an eyedropper as usual
>scald dominant hand with boiling water
>have to sit here with my hand under water for 20 minutes praying that it'll actually be in any condition to paint once it's cooled down

Not really a question, I'm just pissed off and couldn't see a better thread to complain in.
Anyone have advice for burns I guess? Less dangerous ways for retarded monkeys like me to open stuck caps? Can you squeeze gouache (W&N) out onto a palette to be rewet like watercolour so I don't have to face this deadly task again? Can you tell me how to tie my shoes?
>>
>>2314897
>so what if you arent drawing with references?
It depends what you are drawing but really you still need to use reference to inform what you do.

If you were drawing a cat from imagination you might use that picture along with others to fill in the gaps of what you don't understand. You should be doing this all the time, it'll only make your drawings stronger.

If you're inventing something totally new like perhaps a spaceship you might use images of real spacecraft, cars and aeroplanes to draw influences and information from.
>>
What is the general thing everyone starts off with for first time drawing?
>>
>>2314961
animu
>>
>>2314961
comics, cartoons, animu, manga, or vidya
stuff they like that they are inspired by, and if they are wanting to draw, then they are going to copy the drawings they like.
>>
never used markers, do they work with watercolors?
>>
Any suggestions for which of Vilppu's books I should purchase?
>>
Maybe this is an stupid question but do you guys feel that playing video games is beneficial for making art?

I lost interest on them years ago but I was considering getting a SW BF PS4 bundle and Destiny and see if this has any impact on my stuff.
>>
>>2315071
Exploring various different mediums and concepts is always a good way to expand upon your own creative ideas. As long as your production doesn't suffer because of it, I would say it would do any harm. Though I'd say you'd be better off investing in building a gaming PC where you have many more options game-wise.
>>
>>2308158
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask, but it's a start, at least. Where should one go if he is looking to commission good quality digital art? [spoiler]Yes, it's weebshit[/spoiler].
>>
>>2314994
In what sort of way?

There are a few brands of watercolour markers available, if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>2315086
Trawl deviantart and tumblr until you find something you like for a price your wallet likes.
>>
File: buttplug tail.jpg (360 KB, 1055x1068) Image search: [Google]
buttplug tail.jpg
360 KB, 1055x1068
Where can I find alternative designs for catgirls? Like, not just protuding from the top of the head like normal but that looks more like correctly placed.
Tried pinterest but everything is just normal, except for some Cirque du Soleil-esque make up photo.
>>
Drawing feels hopeless. I know practice makes perfect, and I do feel like I improve. But its just, when I look at deviantart galleries, I worry if Im going to stagnate. I dont know how people can go for years without improving. I thought you would improve by just putting in the work, and making sure to look at countless reference images everyday. So, I just dont get why some people can stagnate, and if Im going to.
>>
>>2315171
>cat ears on humans
>placed correctly
>>
>>2315190
I'm not very good at drawing but as someone who's worked on music composition for around 6 years:

Practice is just exercise. It offers a more fine-tuned understanding but doesn't push your boundaries creatively.

The only way you stagnate is if you constantly repeat yourself. Early on people improve because everything is new and challenging but once you hit a certain point if you don't challenge yourself you're going to stagnate. The people you see who don't improve are just sitting in their comfort zone and not learning anything else. It may even be on purpose, who knows. Some people find their desired lane and carve out a niche, that's fine.

Just think of it as building stuff. (something i have even less experience at but whatever this is an analogy) After you build a dog house or something you wouldn't panic and say "oh god what if I can only make dog houses from now on look at those guys over there, they're just making a shitload of doghouses"

You'de learn how to make a real house. (if you wanted)
>>
>>2315190
From what I see, the people who can go years without improving are the ones who just stick to their one and only beginning style, they never really get out of their comfort zone. Try to get zany and have ambition for something new that you want to be able to show off one day, dont give up friend never do
>>
>>2315073
Thanks, I hope I'm not taking my drive for granted but I'm confident art will be always my priority. As for the platform I was never a huge PC gamer and considering the amount of time I have I think a console fits me better.
>>
Is it safe to assume that in 2 point perspective both vanishing points will be separated at around 90 degress?
>>
File: 1438131875815.jpg (138 KB, 900x1433) Image search: [Google]
1438131875815.jpg
138 KB, 900x1433
>>2315228
>>2315237
Thanks d/ic/s, so drawing something new will prevent stagnating? Ill keep that in mind, and try to emphasize having a larger visual library of different styles. Idk if Ill ever make something good enough even worth posting on /ic/ or show off, but I just hope I improve by next year, so I know im doing something right.
>>
>>2315253
Yeah man. It doesn't guarantee unlimited creativity, but it's a great way to find a sense of direction if nothing else (even if the direction you decide on is "any direction but THAT again"). Like I said, I'm just starting out too. If I'm still around this time next year hopefully I'll see some of your stuff.
>>
>>2315279

is it?
>>
File: 1449796163509.jpg (139 KB, 1280x879) Image search: [Google]
1449796163509.jpg
139 KB, 1280x879
I wanna learn how to cartoon like this guy. Do I just read Loomis like the sticky or are these other things you'd recommend? Spoonfeed me plox.
>>
>>2315297
I can see them.
>>
>>2315298
Just use illustrator or another software that draws in vectors.
>>
>>2315335
But I don't know how to draw.
>>
>>2315350
how can you not know how to draw? I don't understand.
>>
>>2315352
I get the gist of it but I don't know shading, composition, etc.
>>
>>2315353
Read the sticky for links maybe.
>>
>>2315335

Illustrator is not the best option here. Manga Studio all the way.
>>
I'm leaving for a 2 week holiday vacation on Thursday and am planning on drawing there as much as I can.

I usually only draw with pencils but I'm thinking of buying various different tools to have more fun.

What kind of tools are good for outside sketching?
>>
>>2315377
any pen and paper. Stop treating your drawings as master pieces when you are just practicing. See it as a good opportunity to learn not to get too attached to a drawing and spend long on it trying to fix it if it doesn't feel right but instead just redo it.
>>
>>2315377
get a cute pencil case

it might be fun to try watercolour painting, in monochrome to learn values and shit if you're new. they're a lot less fuss than other paints.

>>2314857
fingerless gloves?

>>2313604
smushing photos into/just barely painting over photos for a digital painting. concept artists do it a lot and ppl on the board whine about it being lazy

>>2313625
looks like lithography or oils to me
>>
>>2315143
like if you can do a picture where you use watercolors and markers together switching between them multiple times in the process

like if one will fuck up the other
>>
I have a couple about literature/guides.

Are there any books that touch upon composition that you can recommend?
Are there any good digital art books, that is to say how to learn to draw with a tablet in Photoshop or whatever.

Thanks.
>>
how do i get the good stuff
>>
>>2308158
Do regulars here each have their own blog or is that just some meme?
>>
File: quick-strokes-mspaint-vs-sai.png (13 KB, 946x364) Image search: [Google]
quick-strokes-mspaint-vs-sai.png
13 KB, 946x364
Every time I try to draw quick strokes in sai the lines register bad and choppy. I doubt it's the tablet since it's fine on mspaint. Help?
>>
How necessary is it to build the viewing contraption in the right side?

>>2316101
try krita. Also allocate more ram to sai and check drivers.
>>
File: 1398242346598.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1398242346598.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1200
I don't have a question, I have an answer.

I just don't care to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8v6SBrzP-o
>>
Is drawabox plus Loomis a good starting point?
>>
>>2315861
Well yes, don't see it any different as wanting to use normal coloured pencil and watercolour together. The usual way I see people go about with that is getting all of their watercolour down first, dry thoroughly, and then use their second medium to do the rest.

With pencils & markers especially made to be used in conjunction with watercolours, you can swap in between much easier I'd reckon.
>>
>>2316282
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8v6SBrzP-o
that was dope
>>
File: Untitled1.jpg (69 KB, 1366x743) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.jpg
69 KB, 1366x743
It says 'add more bricks' but i dont really get HOW.

Picture 2 (gif actually) shows how i built my first brick.
>>
File: Untitled.gif (30 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
30 KB, 640x400
>>2316340
Picture2
>>
>>2316342
use your vertical lines as anchors. Also, thinner lines.
>>
File: RCW600x600.png (296 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
RCW600x600.png
296 KB, 600x600
>>2308158
How do I get into Colour?!
Always when i am try to do colour studys i totally pick the wrong colour!
For Example I see like a saturated blue and when i compared it with the Reference it turns out it was a goddamn green.
Man i feeling like i becoming colourblind
>>
>>2316343
>use as anchors

Errrrmmmm?

Could you please elaborate?
>>
>>2316345

Not the guy who posted before but:

An anchor as in something fixed in place that you can use to stop from drifting away from where you need to be

The the line representing the corner of your brick (the vertical one) will be exactly the same in the second brick as it was in the first, all you need to do is extend it to the height of your second brick and redraw the rest of the lines between the horizon and the vertical line
>>
>>2316391
What if i cant use the same line? I.e. the second brick is to be located to the right and *farther*, *inside*.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.