[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started drawing a few months ago and I'm having trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: motiv.jpg (66 KB, 361x240) Image search: [Google]
motiv.jpg
66 KB, 361x240
Started drawing a few months ago and I'm having trouble staying motivated. I've not drawn anything in days and just don't feel any incentive try. What are some ways you get motivated /ic?
>>
>>2302342
I just wait out those periods. Eventually you will start to draw again, but forcing it just leads to frustration.
>>
>>2302342
Just draw. If you "dont have motivation" you don't want it enough. Just draw. No one will dangle a fucking carrot in front of your face. You're going to look at the worthless piece of shit you are right now, and then you're going to think about how much you hate yourself, and how much you dont want to be yourself anymore, and your wanting to get away from your worthless self is your motivation. Stop making shitty threads.
>>
>>2302342
Why have you started drawing in the first place? That should be your primary source of motivation.
>>
>>2302357
>implying people's reasons for doing art remain static
>>
>>2302357
Something productive to do instead of just sitting around watching youtube videos all day
>>
>>2302342
Don't break the daily drawing habit ever again you fucking weakling. Draw a line or a tic tac toe game or whatever. I don't care if you don't feel motivated, but you know very well that YOU will care in 6 months. The reason you're even making this thread is that you care. You're just procrastinating as hard as you can.

Willpower, get some.
>>
>>2302342
>be me
>been on that ride since about 2 years
>still suck, got some compliments though
You eventually get used to it. It's like being a rape prisoner or something. The first few months are the worst. But then you get dull and simply draw because you feel like a waste of human ressources otherwise.
>>
>>2302345

no one is going to read this post because no one on here can actually draw. Just leave 4chan, you're wasting your time here if you are an artist.
>>
>>2302357

Not OP and my motivation is doing fine, but I never really had a good reason. I just saw lots of art I liked and occasionally had ideas where I went "I wish I could draw that." A lot 'that' was also just passable silly comics rather than actual skillful art, too.

I basically already attained the goal I set when I started, but I've invested enough time and effort and enjoy it enough that I continue. I do have days/weeks where I can't draw anything good and wonder why I bother though, seeing as I don't have any ambition to 'make it' and generally just do it for fun.
>>
>>2303744

>no one here can draw

I'm starting to wonder if the same guy is going around trying all he can to shove this statement into every thread he can find.

It takes two seconds in drawthreads/self promotion threads to notice /ic/ has a healthy amount of reasonably competent artists. Sure it also has an excessive amount of beginners but that's the way of it.
>>
File: 1448642040988.jpg (78 KB, 861x564) Image search: [Google]
1448642040988.jpg
78 KB, 861x564
>>2303749

first day posting here in a week, get off your high horse. A good portion of the artists posting are bad, they're still on the hobbyist level and are not employable. The ones who do work are no longer on 4chan.
>>
>>2302342
This: http://lifehacker.com/cultivate-mental-toughness-with-the-navy-seals-40-perc-1745307249
>>
>>2303753
Nigga why do you care so much. If everyone is terrible, then why still come here?

>>2303749
This guy knows whats up.
>>
Enjoy that fast food job.
>>
File: 2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg (64 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
2770233-9913215536-14199.jpg
64 KB, 480x600
>>2303753

Then follow your own advice and fuck off if you think everyone who posts here is shit. Your first time posting in a week and you choose to make your post useless bitching.
>>
>>2302342

There's plenty of motivation out there anon, you can be motivated by anything. Hell, I'm motivated by just being able to eat tomorrow.

Motivation is only a little push though, only discipline can keep you moving forward.
>>
>>2303753
>...and are not employable. The ones who do work are no longer on 4chan.

Ignoring your bait part, why would I want to turn my hobby into a tedious chore when I already can earn good money being a programmer?
>>
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjWmNTcsL_JAhXLo5QKHXryBQEQFgghMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ow.ly%2Fdocs%2Fthe-war-of-art_fastpencil_Pbo.pdf&usg=AFQjCNE4rRc4c0o8jcaS8moq31oM2eqndQ&bvm=bv.108538919,d.dGo&cad=rja
>>
File: 1352378415279.png (15 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1352378415279.png
15 KB, 290x290
>tfw I started drawing because I felt I've played games too much, and I was really into lewd art
>libido alone powered me through the first 6 rough months of drawings

Now few months later as I got a little "bored of fapping to my own stuff", most of the time I find motivation when some character interests me and I can talk with a random person about how lewd that char is/second opinion someone on how I'm doing and how that guy likes what I'm doing.

I'm literally starved for people to talk to about lewd stuff and lewd stuff only. I wasn't even into one fetish this other person had, but I sort of adapted to his tastes. Also wanted to try something new and see if I can make it work.

Wish I knew more lewd artists and just continue this lewd drawing sprees from time to time.
>>
>>2304098

I can talk about lewd stuff with you, anon.
>>
>>2304318

but do you also draw?
>>
>>2304385

Yeah, I draw. Not very good though. Dont have much work to show, never scan my work.
>>
>>2304399

drop your steam or skype on [email protected], I'll add you
>>
>>2304405

Alright.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.