[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my sprite? It's meant to be an Oni. It's done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (32 KB, 312x276) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
32 KB, 312x276
Rate my sprite? It's meant to be an Oni. It's done in black only as the game follows a style that makes it so that all 'live' things are black/transparent.

The first two looping frames are idle and the last four are an earthquake attack.
>>
File: sumo_momentum.gif (736 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sumo_momentum.gif
736 KB, 800x600
>>2296743
The art works but the earthquake attack doesn't. He should look like he's putting more force into it. I'd rotate the body so he goes up on one leg more before smashing down, like sumo's do.
>>
>>2296743
Looks like Undermeme
>>
>>2297986

Never heard of it.
>>
>>2298093
Undertale =meme ->undermeme
>>
>>2296743
0/10
lots of jaggies, line weight varies randomly, anatomy is nonsense, pose is still, everything that could go wrong went wrong.
>>
>>2298122

What do you mean "pose is still"?
>>
File: you tried, but you suck..png (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
you tried, but you suck..png
29 KB, 480x480
>>2299589
probably meant stiff.
but yeah, this is pretty bad. Jagged as fuck, wonky animation that doesn't make sense.
And seemingly no concept of proper anatomy or form.
>>
>>2299598

It's not meant to have correct anatomy, or even close, it's purposefully exaggerated.

How does the animation not make sense?
>>
>>2296743
Honestly, I think it looks rad! It could do with some more force in its steps, but that's totally fixable by just exaggerating the movement. Love the style and the design, keep up the good work!
>>
>>2299684
Exaggerated anatomy still looks correct. What you have here is a formless body.
>>
>>2299715

Can you give specifics on how you would improve it?

>>2299705
Thanks!
>>
>>2299705
Shit taste.
>>
>>2299718
It's got personality, and I think that's pretty cool, but to each his own.
>>
File: Abysswolf Little Mac.png (74 KB, 520x356) Image search: [Google]
Abysswolf Little Mac.png
74 KB, 520x356
>>2299684
Ok, since I myself learned most of my art knowledge through starting with cartoony pixelart; don't. Learn how to draw, look at reference images of actual people, animals, or objects. Draw from real life. Its a terrible idea to learn from pixel art. That is, if you care enough to even learn anything. Since so far you're mentality is looking like either "mah style" or "I'm not trying to be correct". Anatomy is important, no matter if you're doing life drawings, eastern or western comics, pixelart, etc.

Now the image i've attached is an example of a cartoonish character with exaggerated and (at least from my current knowledge) decent use of anatomy done in pixel art. Probably better examples out there but this is what I had on hand. Street Fighter or other fighting games would probably be the best things out there for properly done exaggerated anatomy examples.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.