[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my hand is too shaky to draw (tourettes) is it possible or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: s-1796848.gif (88 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
s-1796848.gif
88 KB, 640x800
my hand is too shaky to draw (tourettes)

is it possible or even viable to learn to draw with the PS pen tool?
>>
>>2286691
How shaky is it? Like major shakes or more of a tremble? It's possible to have a wobbly line quality with success, people like John Cuneo come to mind.

You can also try working at larger sizes so the shakes are minimized. Large sheets of newsprint for drawing, large canvases for painting.

Working with only the PS pen tool is probably not a good idea. I mean it might work but it would not be a good way to learn to draw properly and would be rather inefficient and give generally poor results.
>>
>>2286692
its shaky enough that i havent had legible handwriting in my whole life :(

doesnt help that holding a pen or pencil hurts my hand because i have to keep a death grip to keep it from shaking
>>
>>2286695
Post some art you made with deathgrip and some without
I want to see it
>>
File: me in 10 years small.png (5 KB, 151x184) Image search: [Google]
me in 10 years small.png
5 KB, 151x184
>>2286699
i havent considered trying to get better until so there's truly no point in showing... but i can dig up old old shit if you need
>>
File: skel.png (6 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
skel.png
6 KB, 500x522
>>2286699
>>2286706
it's all just doodles so this cant be much help. all of it is with the death grip
>>
File: sleep is the cousin of death.png (30 KB, 953x709) Image search: [Google]
sleep is the cousin of death.png
30 KB, 953x709
>>2286708
>>2286706
>>
File: knight.png (10 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
knight.png
10 KB, 500x396
>>2286711
>>
File: incredible1.png (7 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
incredible1.png
7 KB, 512x512
>>2286713
i think you get the idea by now
>>
File: 5-vector-art.jpg (113 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
5-vector-art.jpg
113 KB, 500x446
You could start using programs like adobe illustrator to make vector based art. Or you can claim your inability to draw a straight line is your style like bagbosse.
>>
Try using Sai or CSP and setting stabilization high enough to get steady lines. Or just try lazy nezumi.

Krita also has stabilization of a sort, where it gives you dead zone around the cursor, so you need much larger movement to affect the line
>>
File: Untitled 85.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 85.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>2286699
>>2286801
>>2286719

just drew this with as steady a hand i could have. i had to hold it so tight i ended up ripping the paper :(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBUHwyjETzc
>>
>>2286812
I think you shpuld just roll with the shaky lines. Atleast dont use it as an excuse not to git guud.
>>
Try using krita with one of the stabilizers it gives you.
>>
>>2286691
I use almost exclusievly pen tool: http://christianfrederiksen.com/

But they're less 'drawings' and more like paper cutouts.

Alternatively, maybe try working LARGE, like either use a giant tablet and big, sweeping strokes. Or just abandon digital and draw analog on big papers/canvas!
>>
Why not do digital painting?
You can do a really sketchy underdrawing and then just paint overtop. Generally digital painting doesn't require that steady of a hand, and for the parts where you do you can just undo as many times as you need.

Unless you're determined to do stuff with linework, then you might have some shit to overcome.
>>
>>2286691
You could make heavy use of stabilizers, like put lazy nezumi on full blast or something.
>>
>>2286691
Get into 3D modeling.

You don't need a steady hand and the line between 2D and 3D is blurred at this point.

Pic related
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.