[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in talent? If yes, why? I drew this on my phone.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Do you believe in talent? If yes, why?
I drew this on my phone. Yes, it sucks, but bear in mind I've never done it before.
>>
>>2285370
that depends on what you mean by 'talent' i guess
i believe people can work to get better at things, and i believe some people are able to get better at certain things faster than other people, but nobody starts off great
also wtf study how lats work
>>
>>2285377
Not op, but whats lats?
>>
File: 1447418514152.png (226 KB, 476x358) Image search: [Google]
1447418514152.png
226 KB, 476x358
>>
>>2285378
lats are your back muscels
>>
>>2285379
I believe in this but it feels kind of wrong coming from Bob, since he just used a cheat technique to make paintings that look good to people who have little actual painting experience.
>>
>>2285378
Lats run from the back of the pelvis and back of the obliques, up the spine, to the outside of the trapezius muscle (big-ass cobra-like muscles of the neck), and run to the shoulder. They form the back part of the arm pit while your pecks form the front. They're an important muscle to understand when drawing an arm doing any work at all. They assist the arm in moving backward.
>>
>>2285388
He's trying to make painting accessible to everyone, not trying to make them painting virtuosos.
>>
>>2285388
didnt know you can cheat in painting
>>
>>2285400
I know all the codes.
>>
File: 1447254054819.png (162 KB, 303x230) Image search: [Google]
1447254054819.png
162 KB, 303x230
>>
>>2285370
Belief has nothing to do with it. It's just a scientific fact. All people are born with different traits that influence how fast they learn and how good they can get.
>>
>>2285434
Doesn't Asperger confirm to that? People who often are born with a talent in Math or other similar things but lacks one for normal socializing.
(ANd yes, I know this description is generalizing it)
>>
>>2285370
I do belive in it. But I don't belive it is something a person is born with. It is something that blends with the person their personality their mental state.
When I look at my drawings even though I'm skilled I don't get the feeling of satisfaction that I get when I look at a peice from an actual talented person.
>>
Talent - something you are born with an aptitude for.
Skill - something you work to develop.
The difference - none.
In the end, when it comes to art it's all about the image you make. Doesn't matter if you are a blind, cancer+AID-ridden gay transexual in the stone ages, or Da Vinci, art is art. For YOU - the difference between the two is meaningless because you will never have more talent and skill is something you do on your own anyways.
>>
To some extent but not really. I don't think people are born with talent but they might have genes that might make it easier to acquire certain skills(especially in sports) and also certain environment/raising to acquire some skills faster/easier. Still no one was ever just naturally great at something without hard dedicated practice.
>>
>>2285449
>blind, cancer+AID-ridden gay transexual in the stone ages, or Da Vinci

how do those even relate i dont understand
>>
Talent exists, but it's not a deciding factor in skill level. Someone who isn't naturally talented but works their ass off to get better will beat someone with talent that doesn't. But if you have someone with talent that also works their ass off, look out.
>>
>>2285445
I think when they look at their stuff it's usually pretty similar D: and they might not like it.
>>
>>2285370
This whole discussion (that comes up every other day) is just a trap for plebs trying to convince themselves hard work is pointless. Even if it did exist (which it doesnt) sitting on here debating about it wont make a lick of difference in your life. Just go study and get better.

People who become skilled don't sit around worrying about talent or some autist they just get up every day and work for it.

>in b4 all skilled people have talent meme
>>
>>2285519
>in b4 all skilled people have talent meme
It's true. Being able to persist and work hard are talents as well.
If there is one thing that should be apparent, it is that will power is not spread equally among people.
The question is, how can people with low will power use their lack of will power to gain more will power?
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, as in most things.
>>
>>2286652
>now everything is a talent including work ethic.
Spoken like a true lazy fucker.
>>
Here's a question. If talent doesn't exist then why do you still draw like shit?
>>
Coming from music composition, I make a divide between technical and artistic talent.

In my experience, artistically talented composers (or musicians for that matter) are able to make actually perfectly enjoyable music from day 1. Even if they're limited to making sounds by clapping their hands, they can make real music.

Technique is something you learn to widen or deepen the range of your expression, and can also be learned and mastered at faster or slower rates. Technique without expression is kind of worthless in my opinon, but it's important to learn technique as a vessel for your artistry. Weakest link etc.
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (40 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
40 KB, 460x500
>>
>>2287733

Well said.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.