[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sculpture crit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: planes_of_the_head.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
planes_of_the_head.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1080
How am I doing so far?
>>
very fooly with a little cooly
>>
heads too big
>>
>>2270834

Which one?
>>
Why does that guy have a giant dong on his head?
>>
>>2270860
It's a statement about 9/11. OP is Banksy and the dick is big governemnt
>>
File: planes2.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
planes2.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1440
Won't be able to work on this more until wednesday, but here's a little update.

>>2271669

This guy gets me.
>>
>>2270807
You should be embarrassed
>>
>>2271815
brow ridge is massive and top of the head is too flat.

unless you're going for that cave man sculpt
>>
File: bound_into_by_evancampbell.jpg (189 KB, 438x484) Image search: [Google]
bound_into_by_evancampbell.jpg
189 KB, 438x484
>>2271815
how long did it take?
if its longer than 30 min scrap it and do it again
>>
>>2271815
>Imagine being this bad
>>
>>2273874

Hey buddy this is my first sculpture be nice.

Why don't you post some of your masterpieces?
>>
File: IMG_20151104_144500.jpg (767 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_144500.jpg
767 KB, 1440x2560
Definitely alright for a first sculpture but I agree with >>2273829
You should scrap it. Analyze the forms of the head closely when looking at your references and you'll get a better understanding on how it works. I'd recommend looking up "ecorche". Learn how to sculpt a skull so you could better understand the structure of the head.
The pic is something I started earlier today. I'll probably scrap it tomorrow and start something else.
>>
Lost it hard
>>
File: DSC_0002.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0002.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: karkarlos.jpg (38 KB, 520x592) Image search: [Google]
karkarlos.jpg
38 KB, 520x592
>>2270807
what a dickhead
>>
>>2274233

Hey thanks for the advice man I like your sculpt a lot. How long did that take, and what kind of clay?

I was working from the Asaro head but everytime I "fixed" part of it I would ruin another. I've having a hard time measuring but I will buy some calipers tomorrow on my day off. I was just using some old plasticine from my sculpture class. It was pretty easy to work with but the finishing options seem limited. I think I might prefer the oven-bake finishing vs. making a rubber mold. But I don't even know all the options yet, I'm still new to this.

One last question - What kind of clay would you recommend for a beginner?
>>
Sculpey is very forgiving, easy to work with and they have so many different kinds and colors
>>
>>2274391
I use Chavant NSP Medium primarily. I bought about 10 pounds of 4 years ago and I'm still using the same batch. Ice also been using Monster Clay, which has a more wax-like feel which is neat but I prefer Chavant. Super Sculpey is also good. That sculpt I posted took me about 2-3 hours of working on and off.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.