[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fintan Magee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (833 KB, 4027x1716) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
833 KB, 4027x1716
How is it possible for this guy to get to paint such huge large scale murals all over the world?

How is this organised?

How the hell does he find people wanting large murals painted on their buildings in every single country?
>>
>>2248751
i know him, hes not that good.
also, he just askes, hes a nice enough guy.
he just goes full mud errytime.
>>
>>2248776
>My dad works for NASA
>>
>>2248776
What do you mean full mud?

Thanks for the answer.. Does he get paid to do this?
>>
File: noteventryingsmall.png (878 KB, 1500x599) Image search: [Google]
noteventryingsmall.png
878 KB, 1500x599
>>2248751
hes a fraud, can't even come up with his own composition for a painting, just steals pallets and structures poorly from the old masters and shits them out all warped on walls.
waste of wall if you ask me.
>thats "may lane", one of Australia's main walls.

pic related, he does not even try to hide how blatantly shit he is.

you should by no means look up to him as an artist.
nice guy.
shit artist.
>>
>>2248782
nahh, as i said in this post,>>2248790
thats may lane which is a free to paint zone.
he has gotten paid for some walls as far as i know, but he has never hit a train and does very little illegal walls.
he is a very "moms credit card" kinda painter.
>>
>>2248782
>full mud
he skews the values to the point in where it looks like he is painting with mud.
>>
>>2248790
I just want to get walls to paint easier..

Sometimes when I ask shop owners they swear at me and tell me to get out of their store just for asking..

Or they cut me off before I even finish talking...
>>
>>2248796
you just gotta keep asking around, know the area you want to paint first, some walls that crews own have a waiting line to paint it.
i don't recommend getting into the graff scene.
ask your local council and tell them you are keen to do community murals.
there may or may not be money in it, often times there is no money and you will be lucky if the council covers paint cost. and thats if they decide to give you a wall.
>>
>>2248801
I used to think graff was really awesome when I was younger and I'd go crazy mad if I heard people talk shit about graffiti.

However I know realise that only like ao percent maybe less graffiti writers have talent...

Most can only write their names in basic squiggles letters and do cartoon characters.
>>
Is sofles rich btw? His girl friend drives an old beat up green ford laser.
>>
>>2248810
>sofles
no, he is not "rich" but not poor.

there is really not money in the graff world, don't let the banksys of that scene confuse you. there is no money in graff or murals.

the only profit to be had there is selling the spray, and even that everyone who is serious about graff racks their spray.
>>
>>2248805
truf, totally disillusioned with the whole thing. former close friends just grew up to be scumbags or worse
>>
>>2249355
>>2248805
yep, as i was saying before, its not a scene one wants to ever get into.
there is a new wave of art school kids who think its fun to wheat past shit around these days, they are a bit different, but finding a true burner that is not a shit bag is a diamond in the rough.
>>
>>2248790
Dude... the reference is obvious because it's supposed to be obvious! This is the kind of stuff loads of street artists do, take something well known and makes it "o'so ironic" or some shit like that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.