[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wacom Cintiq 13HD Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Anyone here draw using tablets or touch displays?
I've had a Wacom Cintiq 13HD for a few years now and it works great. I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and now it barely works at all. Even after updating the driver and reinstalling the software, my computer isn't able to pick up both my main screen and the Cintiq at the same time and I'm having a slew of resolution issues with my main screen being scrunched if it's plugged in.

Does anyone else have this problem or know a fix?
>>
I'm using 13HD with Win 10 too, works pretty good overall, but sometimes the it wont regocnise the pen. I just close and open Cintiq again, so it works again.

What computer you have?
>>
My computer was custom built maybe half a year ago using slightly above average parts.

Not exactly sure what type of info you need.
>>
I've seen plenty of people making similar complaints with regards to Windows 10 and Wacom drawing tablets. You might wanna try googling for results there too.
>>
>>2242645
assuming what >>2242646 said, it might not be a problem with your os or cintiq

post specs
>>
Most search results that I find are people complaining about the pen being unable to work or the tablet being incompatible with new Mac O.S. systems, but I haven't found anything in regards to a resolution or detection issue.
I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem like mine. I'll probably have to keep it boxed up until a later update.
>>
>>2242656
AMD Radeon R9 200 graphics card.
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 6 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W FD6300WMHKBOX Desktop Processor.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Memory Kit Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R.
>>
>>2242645
Mine works perfectly with win 10. Not even any problems like
>>2242646
Whatever problem I had updating/reinstalling drivers fixed it
>>
>>2242670
I guess I'll try to uninstall and reinstall everything one more time before boxing it up until a later date.
>>
>>2242659
decent build, I had a old desktop and a laptop which would lose connection with my table each 2 min, when I bought a new desktop that problem went away, but I use 8.1

is there a good reason why you want win 10? you could downgrade until it gets older and more bugs fixed
>>
>>2242690
I have no particular reason to use Windows 10. I figured I might as well make the jump if the update was free and there. My only concern about downgrading is the possibility of redoing all of settings again, though I suppose that wouldn't be a bad trade for the use of my tablet again.
>>
>>2242645
I had a similar problem with an old Cintiq but with Windows VIsta (>_<).
Mine is Ok. Try to reinstall everything, first Wacom, video and even windows 10.
>>
>>2242704
you can always backup your PS and Wacom prefs and transfer them over to another build
>>
>>2242653
>I've seen plenty of people making similar complaints with regards to Windows 10 and Wacom drawing tablets.
It's been a while since the switch to Windows 10 and there are so few results.

I just recently started to draw since fixing all my settings (no waterdrop animation etc) and for some reason everything works just fine apart from when I press down on the pen without shifting it.
i.e. if I were to lightly press on the pen to make a gentle mark but then press down harder without moving the pen for a darker mark.

The pen can only detect a change in pressure when it's very much in-motion and so I can't seem to vary my line weight properly anymore except for just doing huge strokes and going over things multiple times.

There are no questions even like mine about windows 10 on google, this is shit!
>>
>>2242645
Have the same problem, but with my Cintiq Companion Hybrid.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.