[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nietzsche was right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Nietzsche was right.
>>
>>999998
wrong
>>
Hexes get
>>
>>999998
Right about what?
His historical analysis of morality sure isn't.
>>
>>1000034
Whats wrong with it?
>>
>>1000034
Your ressentiment.
>>
>>999998
Christianity is a slave rebellion seeking to destroy Western civilization. Marxism, liberalism, the UN, human rights ideology, PC, etc. are just secularized Christianism.
>>
>>1000172
But Christianity created "Western Civilization."
Nietzsche even acknowledges this with the whole "history would be a far stupider affair" thing.
>>
>>1000187

>But Christianity created "Western Civilization."

I don't I've read anything more stupid than this on this board that wasn't written by a revisionist Turk.
>>
>>1000187
Nietzche accuses Christianity of "robbing us of the harvest of the ancient world". For Nietzche Western civilization began with the Greeks and Christianity has been a sickness we have been working to overcome. It's been against all nobility and greatness. Remember that the revolution of the Renaissance owed itself to the spirit of things such as Hermetism.
>>
>>1000187
>Roman Empire isn't Western Civilization
>>
>>1000233
the invention of the printing press was more significant to europe's cultural development and more significant to europe becoming the dominant power of the world than rediscovering old greek writings.

Ideas belonging to mill, hume, voltaire etc. would have all happened anyway. it was mainly the printing press that caused europe to intellectually develop so quickly and become the centre of academic development in the world.

the greeks were a nicety.
>>
>>1000265
You need a certain climate that encourages human potential to make innovations like the printing press. This is what the Reinnsance spirit was about, you see that in the Oration on the Dignity of Man, Giordano Bruno, etc.

People are a product of their environment. Humanism was a necessary step to create an environment where you had ambition and creativity. It had to step away from cancerous ideas such as "man is fallen".
>>
>>1000000
>>
About what?
>>
>>1000447
Most everything.
>>
>>1000545

That's a non-answer.
>>
>>1000552
No it's not.
>>
>>999998
was he a virgin? is he the king of us?
>>
>>999998

Kierkegaard was better.

Anyone have the "knight of faith" meme saved?
>>
>>1000172
Seeking? Didn't it succeed? If you consider how every Western society was Christian 400 years ago, you have to seriously wonder what Nietzsche thought survived Christianity. Problem is Nietzsche condemns Christianity then condemns Christians for not adhering to Christianity.
>>
>>1000650
I think he died of syphilis, so probably not
>>
>>999998
This isn't even debatable.

And damn, you barely missed a great get.
>>
>>999999
>>
>>999998
I see what you did there.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.