[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find that people interested in history are the most reasonable.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160411_175416.jpg (69 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_175416.jpg
69 KB, 637x478
I find that people interested in history are the most reasonable. So, i've got a question for you: do you think that humans will be able to make a utopia in future, learning from their past mistakes? I think not, because humans always make groups sooner or later, and would need to be brainwashed in order to make an utopia like place. Also, the population would need to drastically decline in order for people to gather around in one group and try not to fight. Not to mention that we are advancing mostly thanks to war research, so war is good, people die, fuck it.
>>
>>998444
>I find that people interested in history are the most reasonable.
You haven't spent enough time on this board then

Anyway to answer your question, utopia is a pretty broad term, basically everyone has their own little definition of it. And learning from past mistakes just paves the road for new mistakes
>>
>>998444
I want to fuck all three of those cute boys
>>
>>998444
Well I think that people interested in history are so much more reasonable because of their capacity for empathy.

History is a science dealing almost exclusively with people, a humanity, it makes sense that people inclinated to that would need a strong sense of empathy.

As for the idea of a utopia, I think if history was marching towards a utopia, we would already be seeing a trend to one. So if you think the present is better than the past, then the future should be better than that.
>>
>>998489

that's where poo comes from anon
>>
>>998444

Technology is the only thing advancing. Utopia as most people describe it would require some actual advancement in humanity itself, but we're pretty much the same savages that we always were. We just have much cooler toys now.
>>
File: 1392348428310.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
1392348428310.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>998444
>I find that people interested in history are the most reasonable.
>>
>>998489
oh well that is me and my 2 best bros
>>
>>998527
>History is a science
wow
dropped
>>
>>998859
he is right tho
>>
>>998444
>I find that people interested in history are the most biased.
Fixed.
>>
>>998444
Someday. It'll be under a dictator, but he'll be a good one.
Someday.
>>
>>998444

you can make the most just set of laws and an ideal society where everyone is free to be themselves, free from economic or other constraints.

but somehow someone will fuck it up. some retard will ruin it for everyone.

like entropy, the human capacity for fucking things up can be relied upon to the extent that it is almost a law of nature.

besides, utopia implies an end state, where we achieve a kind of stasis. sounds boring. human society, it seems to me, is a balancing act between order and chaos. to much of one or the other is bad.
>>
>>998930
Wise words m8. I think that humans are destined to be in conflict with eachother, fractions will always form even on the smallest scale. Though i also believe that we will advance the most once we as beings step on a new level, that is when we will achieve peace, maybe we will conflict another species and it will unite us, but that is sheer fantasy.
>>
ITT teens
>>
>>998444
To keep things simple, I theorize two outcomes that will be the most probable.

1. Utopia "Gained"
This is where we are right now (i know, weird right?) in that we keep on a a steady course of technological and social ideal, next on the list and by far the difficult one, economic stability and harmony (ergo, no more poor people) Poor now though is diffrent from the past though In the west i mean, paticularly in my case the UK. Not many people die of starvation now for example. Anyway, i predict in this senario, stabilty is a given around the world and we pretty much live as the middle classes and up do 24/7 with less actual work required from us to do these things. However in this future i think its a given that personal privacy will be lessened, there would be a mandatory amount of people living in your utopia and no allowance to deivate from the set number as it would damage the utopia. Do i even have to explain the inevitable social and moral decay you'd have in this situation too if it were our current idealised utopia?

2. Utopia? No chance, Fucker.
Because our track record is so abysmal and the future will be wrought with unforseen circumstances, I predict that humanity will have destroyed itself before a complete global utopia is gained. there might be enclaves that could be percived as perfect but they will most likely be destryewd quiet early on via inner corruption or outward envious parties.

Ultimately, a utopia is down to the indivuals viewpoint. Some people thought they were living in great times when the reality was for most far from brilliant, At the moment, we live in a successful captalists utopia, a sociopaths wet dream yet tommorow, who knows? some would say living under a totalatarian state or communist regime would be great because they'd feel safe. all depends on what your idea of a utopia is. If you tell us your ideal world id be happy to tell you in great detail how it will never happen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.