[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mob Rule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: angry_mob.jpg (117 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
angry_mob.jpg
117 KB, 1200x794
Is mob rule democracy or anarchy?
>>
>>994494
It doesn't match the criteria of a political system.
>>
both
>>
>>994494
Democracy
>>
Mob rule? What do you mean by mob rule? It's a term I only ever hear when someone is criticizing democracy, it's never something anyone actually proposes, supports, or defends.

Democracy implies that there is some system to count votes, and so some kind of bureaucracy in place.
>>
>>994514

>Democracy implies that there is some system to count votes, and so some kind of bureaucracy in place.

I would argue that is more of the mechanism to achieve the goal of democracy, that the people are allowed to govern themselves.

So I guess the question is; does mob rule lead to the will of the people?
>>
>>994526

Them mob rule is when there is no mutually agreed upon bureaucracy that people should go through to settle disputes or determine policy.

It does if it ends in a situation where they can vote on decisions taken by the bureaucracy which affect them.

It doesn't if it ends in a situation where a few people rule the bureaucracy that everyone must be involved with.
>>
>>994501

Precisely.
>>
>>994510

Explain?
>>
>>994538

So is it more like anarchy?
>>
>>994501
neither
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.