[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discordianism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1446009346003.jpg (61 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1446009346003.jpg
61 KB, 400x500
What does /his/ think about it?
>>
>>990340
Joke meme religion for eccentrics and freaks.
>>
>>990343
>Joke meme religion for eccentrics and freaks
But it isn't a religion. If you read wiki, it will say it's a religion, but wiki is stupid as fuck and doesn't give citation to anything from actual Discordian works.

It's closer to Absurdism than religion. It's a philosophy
>>
>>990350
>>
>>990411
>>
It doesn't really add anything to philosophy so who cares?
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>990340 (OP)
Idk, I first learned about them when I was maybe ten. Even though I've always thought they were silly memers, some discordian stuff has wound up having surprising influence in my life over the years.

Come to think of it late 20th century pre-internet weirdo culture is one of the most interesting things in history IMO, and certain parts of it, like the conspiracy attitude, still matter a lot today.

Last I checked conspiracy websites still look pretty crude, but it should be remembered that circa 2000, so did everything else. I feel like before search engines / social media were deeply habitual, when you used to just try plausible-sounding URLs at random sometimes, deep-weirdo sites were even more part of the internet fabric than they are now.
>>
>>990340
Very interesting, but I've still yet to read the principia discordia to fully understand it
>>
Cheeky but ultimately toothless. A protest religion for trekkies, cat ladies, and Ron Paul voters. Dislike it.
>>
>>990340

A joke disguised as a religion, or a religion disguised as a joke?

>FIVE TONNES OF FLAX
>>
I have no idea what it is.
>>
File: 1416547297004.jpg (6 KB, 196x223) Image search: [Google]
1416547297004.jpg
6 KB, 196x223
>>
>>994964
Hello Mr. Assburger
>>
>>994923
>23

NICE
>>
>>994932
You should look into it if you like quantum physics and absurdism.
>>
troll religion for the lelz

So crazy Thornley went insane and saw himself part of the whole JFK conspiracy

Definitely worth a read
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>997559
>troll religion for the lelz

Things aren't always as they appear on the surface.
>>
>>997701
Yeah or you're taking the joke too seriously

They're just playing around with form and function switching dogmas to catmas is a hilarious example of their attempts to wake people up to the effects of language in their own lives and realities

Nothing is bullshit everything is true in one sense, false in another and true/false or false/true in another point of view

Go find the goddess and Hail Eris
>>
A potentially decent spiritual school disguised as a meme religion. Shame it never advanced beyond the basics due to its practioners all being burnouts or retards
>>
>>997741
>Yeah or you're taking the joke too seriously

Sometimes I take humor seriously, sometimes I take seriousness humorously.

Either way is irrelevant.
>>
File: aXm9072xjU.jpg (40 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm9072xjU.jpg
40 KB, 650x650
Discordianism is more of a philosophy than anything.
>>
>>997741
It's best to take the joke not too seriously but not too light. Middle pillar yo.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.