[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay you find out that you have one week to complete an 11 page
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Okay you find out that you have one week to complete an 11 page paper on anything pertaining to U.S. History between colonization to Reconstruction post civil-war.

What do you chose your topic on and why?
>>
I think you should sit down and write it instead of browsing the 4chains, anon.
>>
How many sources do "I" need?
>>
>>987685
5-6, nothing too bad.
Fairly certain 3 need to be from books rather than the internet.
>>
>>987681
I think this is a good idea.
Too bad I'm just going to be a turd and regret it by sunset.
>>
>>987676
11 pages is what, 2500 words? Jesus just do it on the causes of the Civil War dude, stick to a fairly easily thesis statement (slaves lol) and you're golden

>5-6 sources for a 2500 word essay

What kind of terrible school do you go to
>>
>>987690
>3 need to be from books rather than the internet
So get the pdf online and reference it.

and I'd probably d-
>post civil war

Oh, no white fleet american imperialism. Uh, might try to see if I can dig up 11 pages worth of westward expansion.
>>
>>987724
(slaves lol) lmfao

Unfortunately I go to a Community College. But it's not all bad.
Honestly I'm not even certain on the sources, I just pulled that out of my ass. It actually doesn't state on the syllabus.

I was thinking possibly focusing on the Trail of Tears or something meh.
It's only worth 20% of our final grade, so I think I should be alright.
>>
>>987742
Seriously, the causes of the Civil War is like, the easiest possible thing to do because it's so exhaustively fought over. Off the top of my head I can think of three books that deal with it and then you have a whole host of primary sources in the speeches of Lincoln, constitutions of seceding states, etc etc.
>>
>>987767
Yeah you're right. The only concern I have over doing a paper on that is that the entire second half of the course he has been primarily discussing the causes of the civil war. I feel that if I did something like that it might come off as too jerk-offy.

I'm probably just overthinking things though.
>>
Texas, Mexico is interesting.
The Gold Rush
The Great Awakening
The evolution of the US armed forces before the Civil War.
Indian Wars

What level class is this? Do you need an original thesis?
>>
>>987786
>I feel that if I did something like that it might come off as too jerk-offy.
in my experience professors want to be yanked. either regurgitate their lessons, or write something obscure but within the assignments parameters so that they'd have to do their own research to critique you. Beware, this might make them scrutinize you, but probably not.
>>
>>987811
Only doctoral thesis need to be original senpai

>>987786
Is this the end of term or what? As long as you know your material (which I'm not hopeful about considering you're asking this question with a week to go) and present it well professors rarely care if you go for a predictable topic. In fact, if you do it really well, they're more likely to mark you well because you sure get a whole bunch of shitty essays on the Civil War going around and yours looks good in comparison
>>
Do a paper on poverty in New York City during the era of mass immigration from Europe. You're going to find a gold mine of misery.
>>
>>987676
I dunno, pal. That is a very broad topic right there.

I've always found the early republic to be quite fascinating. The wrangling with a new constitution was jolly fun.

Just do whatever you want.
>>
>>988034
Cheers :D
>>
File: 1450773643933.jpg (263 KB, 1024x831) Image search: [Google]
1450773643933.jpg
263 KB, 1024x831
>>987811

This and >>987767

Or pick a president you dont know shit about and write about his significance

My dads favorite President
>James K. Polk

His top 3 quotes from a simple Google search should spark mild interest

No president who performs his duties faithfully and conscientiously can have any leisure.

The world has nothing to fear from military ambition in our Government.

Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world.

>pic unrelated
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.