[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What religion has the most interesting mythology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
What religion has the most interesting mythology?
>>
What op has the most dicks faggot
>>
File: Euphoria.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Euphoria.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>981805
Obviously me, but that's besides the point.

Do you like the Greeks more?
>>
>>981783
Hinduism.
>>
>>981879
This desu. Reading the Mahabharata is kind of batshit crazy and awesome at the same time.
>>
Judaism is pretty interesting because of the remnants of polytheism that remain in their scripture. the original version of Deuteronomy 32:8 has a reference to there being multiple gods and El Elyon and Yahweh being different deities. In the dead sea scrolls it says that the nations were divided according to the number of the sons of el instead of sons of israel like it will say in any bible you have. this verse is actually based on Canaanite mythology where there are 70 sons of el for 70 nations.
>>
gotta say hinduism. Philosophically they line up with science in a cool way.
>>
>>982091
How can it line up with science "philosophically"? last time I checked Hinduism doesn't have a central tenet on empiricism
>>
>>982107

I can't really sum it up for you in a tidy way... But for some basic ideas:

Dharma is the idea that the universe operates by cosmic laws

Dharma Adharma is literally the law of conservation of matter

Brahma is Everything, and part of this idea is that separation is an illusion, which is how we experience the universe despite being part of a contiguous quantum field

Karma is expresses causality and suggests Determinism

I could go on. It's a very interesting religion, you should delve into it.
>>
>>982120
>Brahma is Everything, and part of this idea is that separation is an illusion, which is how we experience the universe despite being part of a contiguous quantum field
Don't see how this relates to science

>Karma is expresses causality and suggests Determinism
Isn't Karma a bit more than just basic causality? The great Sage of Camden County Earl Hickey taught that Karma was do good things and good things will happen to you. Do bad things and bad things and you get cucked by Crabman
>>
>>982125
*Do bad things and you get cucked by Crabman
>>
>>982125

I just find that Brahma has a parallel in a quantum view of the universe.

Karma suggests that morality and causality are intertwined.
>>
>>982129
>I just find that Brahma has a parallel in a quantum view of the universe.
I don't really see how it does

>Karma suggests that morality and causality are intertwined.
I'm definitely getting a bit autistic about this specific point, but Karma saying that there is a specific type of causality that has no empirical backing is completely unrelated to science
>>
>>982134
It's a proactive causality with relative moral implications for the persons and things experiencing and participating in it.

The Karma of an object falling on earth is to accelerate at 9.8 m/s
>>
Greek of course, it's fucking deep an interesting and tells a lot of mythological narratives that are relevant to us Europeans.
>>
>>982129
>Karma suggests that morality and causality are intertwined.
Science doesn't do that at all, in fact, science greatly benefits from doing some uncomfortable things like seeing how radiation effects living organisms as if doing something bad just a few times can teach you a lot more good for the future in some cases.
>>
Scandinavian paganism get's pretty epic.

And definitely an worthy mention goes to Catholicism, despite its faggotry.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.