[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey if I wanted /his/ on the "middle east" where would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 23rdd.jpg (329 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
23rdd.jpg
329 KB, 1300x863
hey if I wanted /his/ on the "middle east" where would I start?
>>
muh babylon
>>
>>971664
Not much history in that part of the world, desu.
>>
fertile crescent
>>
File: 1447624139846.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1447624139846.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>971689
>>
can someone sum up the syrian civil war for me? in just a sentence or two please
>>
>>971715
It happened a long time ago.
>>
Mesopotamia & Egypt
>>
>>971715
The Sunni Western Kikestan alliance
>>
Sumer
>>
>>971715
A flatlanded fertile place gets buttraped by all its neighbors. One day they decide enough is enough and go killing everything and everyone till they start killing each other as well and collapse.
>>
>>971664
Not here, you'll get a handful of intelligent responses and then /pol/tards will see them as darkie apologists and flood the thread with cancer.
>>
>>971715
A dictator supported by Russia pushes his people too far and they rebel.
But the rebels aren't all nice people, they all fight each other too and ISIS is born.
>>
Read up on the Middle Ages and how it was a beacon of science and math
Then read how the Persians and the Indians fucked it all up
>>
>>971689
this desu senpai
>>
>>971664
>>
>>971715
People wanted democracy like in the industrial revolution, but they were unable to work it out and are too incompetent to do things right.
>>
>>971664
Start with CAH vols for stuff from prehistory to the eve of the muslim expansion. Then go to the NCMH and CMH, or whatever they're called exactly.

Don't be intimidated by the number number of books or pages. You are only going to be reading a few hundred per volume.

Afterwards you can get into primaries or more indepth into stuff you find intriguing, but getting the context right from the very beginning will be a huge boon in the long run.
>>
>>972237
arab detected
>>
>>971664
What period of time? Ancient, classical antiquity, late antiquity, early medieval, industrial, modern? Gotta be more specific senpai, there's a lot to it.
>>
>>971664
Go to belgium
>>
>>971715
A man who never wanted to be dictator became dictator and wasn't good at suppressing revolt like his father. Some young people wanted a democracy, but their leadership was slaughtered and crazy Islamists that had fled Iraq ended up filling role.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.