[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which parts of the bible are historically inaccurate? Not counting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 8790.jpg (88 KB, 763x440) Image search: [Google]
8790.jpg
88 KB, 763x440
Which parts of the bible are historically inaccurate? Not counting supernatural stuff. For example I heard that the Exodus is completely made up.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_the_Bible
>>
>>965715

Broadly speaking, no part of the Bible is historically accurate.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8584629&postcount=61
>>
The timelins are utterly fucked, virtually everything before the Babylonian exile. For example Moses couldn't have conquered the Holy Land in 2500 BC or whatever the fuck, it goes against virtually everything we have on record.
>>
almost nothing is accurate but much of it is based on real shit
>>
>>965715
The bible is historical hearsay. The events probably occurred in some form, but almost certainly not in the timeline provided and may be inflated.

As for the exodus, I seriously doubt 600,000 men (not including women, children and livestock, so a number closer to 1,500,000 individuals) crossed the Sinai peninsula into cana'an. This is in a period where entire human population on the world is 27 million.
>>
>>965781
of course it's possible but yes doubtful. numbers are almost always inflated in everything throughout history tho. fuck even today we still inflate numbers
>>
File: wavepepe.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
wavepepe.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1000
I know of several Israelis that were surprised to learn, in university, that there is no historical evidence of Jewish contribution to building the pyramids.

Pretty hilarious, actually.
>>
>>965818
Which is doubly amusing since the Bible never mentions pyramids and puts the enslaved Israelites in Goshen, which is a good trek away from all the famous pyramids.
>>
The Passion on ward is fake, as is Genesis and exodus and just about everything that happened in the Old Testament that the first councils left in the original bible.

In all honesty the bible of today probably has as much in common with the actual texts as the Mormons have in common with the rest of Christianity. The gist is there but a lot of important bits are missing
>>
The vast majority of it. There is no evidence at all that the Jews were enslaved by the Egyptians.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.