[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Jesus was born a virgin birth, doesn't that mean he only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1455950591940.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455950591940.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
If Jesus was born a virgin birth, doesn't that mean he only had an X chromosome which would make him a female?
>>
>>962185
>implying the Holy Spirit didn't use sperm
>>
Yes, he was the first female to male trans, yet another miracle.
>>
CHECKMATE CHRISTFAGS
*tips Fedora and sheathes katana
>>
>>962195
OP here

I'm not an atheist
>>
>>962190

>implying sperm isnt a manifestation for the holy spirit
>>
>>962214
>implying every time you cum inside someone you are delivering jesus into their heart
>>
>>962185

No. Remember, God can do what ever he wants save logical contradictions (which is just a matter of our words, not anything substantive) - if he wants to birth a Hulk Hogan clone out of rabbit he can do it. All natural regularities, like the father giving the Y chromosome, and the mother given the X chromosome, are contingencies determined by his will, he can determine things to be how ever he wants whenever he wants.
>>
>>962185
Of course Jesus was female. Lambs as sin offerings are always female.
>>
>>962326
So where did the Y Chromesome come from?

Since Jesus's body is supposed to be divine than it must have come from God's sperm. Which kind of makes the whole virgin thing fall apart.
>>
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 414x356) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 414x356
>>962412
>CREATION
>DIVINE
Pick one
>>
>>962412
Like any part of the bible that doesn't make sense, it boils down to "God is all powerful, don't think about it too fucking hard."
>>
File: 1459316878651.jpg (48 KB, 593x531) Image search: [Google]
1459316878651.jpg
48 KB, 593x531
>>962185
Well, the answer you're going to get is that God is all powerful and can therefore do anything he wants, including violate the laws of biology that he set up.

A better question, I think, is HOW on earth was Jesus conceived??? Presumably, for a human to be created a male human sperm needs to fertilize a female human egg. A non-human sperm fertilizing a human egg or human sperm fertilizing a non-human egg will result in something that isn't human. So how was Jesus conceived by God and still human?
>>
>>962185
It doesn't matter when you have faith.
>>
There was no fertilization, God just placed a babby inside Mary.
>>
File: Papal Bull.jpg (853 KB, 1600x1142) Image search: [Google]
Papal Bull.jpg
853 KB, 1600x1142
>papal bull
Mind explaining this one Cathocucks?
>>
>>962560
You got me buddy
>>
>>962477
>He was a designer baby created through IVF by time travellers
or
>Mary lied
>>
>>962185
why didn't joseph check her hymen?
>>
>>962558
An ex nihilo baby, eh? But if God just created a human out of nothing and placed it in Mary's vag, then Jesus' divine part that existed co-eternally with the father would have had a point in its history where it wasn't human, which would make it hard to say that Jesus was is as human as he is divine. And you'd necessarily have to divine Jesus essence into human and non-human parts which contradicts the "100% human & man" doctrine.. And besides, the idea that human exist co-eternally with God or even are preexistent to their incarnations is generally viewed as heretical, anyways.

And Jesus mortal body originating from neither a human sperm or an egg would just make it more difficult to establish his humanity for the same reasons. For instance, Terrans in starcraft are humanoid but not part of the human race.

It would also make it impossible to trace Christs' lineage back to Adam or David.
>>
>>962644
To be honest I don't even think Mary was his actual genetic mother, she was just a surrogate.
>>
>>962644
You are now aware that the NT literally traces Jesus' Davidic lineage through Joseph, which is twice as retarded and doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>962648
wut m8? besides that completely gets rid of Jesus's claim to be in the lineage of David besides that both the gospel genealogies are for Joseph
>>
>>962412

God doesn't need sperm to create a Y chromosome. Why would that even be a thing ? That Y chromosomes come from sperm is just some natural contingency that God decides will be the case ordinarily - he can make one come without the other any time he wants.
>>
>>962654
He's probably the descendant of David in the same way that Octavian was Ceasar's son. Adoption for the purpose of legitimacy.
>>
>>962666
so then Jesus was a total inbred with all of the same chromosomes as Mary but with one Y chromosome
>>
>>962644

> then Jesus' divine part that existed co-eternally with the father would have had a point in its history where it wasn't human

This doesn't follow. It can be still human prior to being in the mothers womb. Why would placing it in the womb suddenly change it's substance from non human to human ?
>>
>>962677

That doesn't follow from anything said in the post. Why would God be limited to only making one Y Chromosome in creating Jesus ?
>>
>>962689
you made it sound like he just popped the Y in. anyways, how did God decide to what to put in the code of his half of the genes?
>>
>>962692
He's God, his reasons are beyond our comprehension you fucking heretic. He made people out of fucking clay and created the universe and everything we know because who the fuck knows. I don't see why something like this would be of any interests.
>>
>>962678
Orthodoxy tends to take the position that humans are created at the moment of conception..or at least some point soon after. The idea that humans have existed a long time as spirit beings before they had bodies is an idea that comes more from Origen or the gnostics and is thus either heretical or closely associated with heresy (not sure). It also opens up the possibility and logical probability of reincarnation which was declared a heresy.
>>
>>962651
Yeah, they had no choice though since the Jews always traced their lineage through the father. At the time, a matrilineal lineage would have been even more laughable.
>>
>>962709
>He's God, his reasons are beyond our comprehension you fucking heretic.
Faggot. You can't stop the fun train. I don't see why your god is beyond questioning and speculation. whether or not any "truth" is revealed in the exercise it's still entertaining to get the brain working on these scenarios
>>
>>962726
What does how laughable a claim i have anything to do with it if it's true? It didn't stop the Gospel writers from claiming women were the first to discover the resurrected Jesus.
>>
>>962185 Hey I'm just a shitbag who wanderer in from /POL/, but couldn't he cum in a jar, then take the jizz and rub it in Mary's vag with a cotton swab without breaking Mary's hymen.
>>
>>962767
Inane obscenities aside, we're trying to legitimize the humanity of Jesus from the dogma of His supernatural conception. Your suggestion fails to acknowledge this.
>>
>>962767
God or Joseph? Course God did physically manifest in Genesis multiple times so that should be a completely valid method. the pure simplicity is beautiful in its own way, a method worthy of the Most High in my opinion
>>
>>962711

The question I would ask is if they are positing that as a contingent fact or if being created at the moment of conception is something that plays into the essence of being a human? It could be a contingent fact that God's regular order has humans created directly at conception where Christ was not like this, while being human.

Another thing that might help, while also opening up a whole new problem, is to get into how God exists in eternity as opposed to being " in time" ( and from there we have to decide which notion of time we want to use here as well and give the whole account about eternity and what exactly we mean by the word) such that Christ can exist in eternity with God the father without having existed at any other point in time before being in Mary's womb.
>>
>>962692

I think the issue with this question is that it is hard to give a non-arbitrary answer like " God is omniscient, he knew what he wanted Jesus to be like, and made the code so it would manifest the way he wanted to. This was'nt difficult since he is omnipotent".
>>
>>962709
> He's God, his reasons are beyond our comprehension you fucking heretic.

You faggots never change. Im glad that your religion is dying out.
>>
>>962648
Then what kind of mitochondrial DNA did he have?
>>
>>962864
Funny, that's what Nero and Diocletian said.
>>
>>962875
Quotes?
>>
>>962845
You could go that route but you'd have to reconcile it with the biblical attitude that humans are created, temporal beings. I.e., in Eden god formed man out of dust or matter.
>>
>>962185
Virgin births aren't possible to begin with.
>>
>>962726
I thought Jews were all about that matrilineal lineage.
>>
>>962185
>implying God can't make Jesus a dude
Omnipotent means omnipotent senpai, come on.
>>
>>963917

Where is the logical contradiction in there being a virgin birth ?
>>
>>964251
A zygote is formed from an egg and a sperm cell.
>>
>>964216
Not him, but Jews only trace "Jewishness" matrilineally, tribal status and inheritance goes patrilineally.
>>
>>964269
>Not him, but Jews only trace "Jewishness" matrilineally, tribal status and inheritance goes patrilineally.

That's just an in-joke because of how crazy Jewish mothers are, i.e "you aren't really Jewish unless you have a Jewish mother". It's all Jew bants.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.