[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW2 - Yugoslavias Alliance...Why??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Why.png (719 KB, 975x749) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
719 KB, 975x749
Why did Yugoslavia Join the Allies in WW2 when its landmass was surrounded by Axis Loyalists Like Romania and Italy?
>>
File: eternal anglo.png (173 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
eternal anglo.png
173 KB, 501x585
Yugoslavia originally signed the Tripartite treaty allying herself with the Axis powers in March 25, 1941.

Eternal Anglo instigated a coup, and the government was overthrown by Pro-Western factions in the military on March 27, 1941.
>>
They are slavs
>>
>>959671
Im new here and is this a meme? Da fuq is Eternal Anglo

Niga thas just dohn mek sense.
>>
>>959681
cont...

You are surrounded. Just side with the largest threat.

WTF. Fuck yugoslavia desu senpai.
>>
>>959681
yes its a meme and dont tell people you are new just...

lurk more
>>
>>959685
It hardely matters man. This place is for intelligent speak. I dont expect the newfag gay train to come along and take me away.
>>
Wasn't the coup more about Yugoslavia pulling out of the Alliance, they never allying with the UK?
Then Italy went full retard and invaded one of their closest ideological allies that had absolutely no reasons at all to ally with the UK, forcing Hitler to ROLF-stomp Yugoslavia to help in Greece.
>>
File: 1460108536543.jpg (135 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1460108536543.jpg
135 KB, 640x360
>>959760 meant for >>959671
>>
>>959680
So are Bulgarians and Slovaks.
>>
>>959760
I dont know but I mean I mean if you look at Romania they just done sided with the Germans nice n quick.

Its like the mongols rushing up to your city saying join or btfo. If youre smart and know you cant win you better join them desu senpai.
>>
Because Yugoslavia was an Entente buffer state to begin with, it's a completely made up country.
>>
>>959760
Yes, and this delayed Operation Barbarossa for crucial months, meaning they had less spring and summer months with which to conduct a combined arms blitz in Russia which could have very easily ended up like the blitz in France considering how close they got to Moscow.

Mussolini may actually have been pretending to be Hitler's friend all along so he could surreptitiously sabotage the war effort, however the dumb commies murdered him without trial before he could reveal what really happened.

I suppose, though, to a true hero fame means nothing.
>>
>>959765
>>959671
So the German/Turkish mudbaby finally made his way to /his/ from /pol/?
>>
>>959835
But Italy only surrendered after Mussolini was kicked out of power and imprisoned. After Hitler freed him he became even more of Hitler's puppet than he was before
>>
>>959835
>Yes, and this delayed Operation Barbarossa for crucial months,

This is BS, why do people still repeat this?

Barbarossa was derailed by weather (mud!), logistic problems and lack of airfields. None of the German units used in the Balkans campaign were used in the first wave of Barbarossa.
>>
How different would the war have gone if Greece and Yugo had allied with the Axis? I know they didn't have much power, but the annoyances they caused would be replaced with some benefits
>>
>>963025
More troops for the Axis in the Eastern Front.
Better prepared british in the North Africa, since they wouldn't send and troops to Greece.
Germany wouldn't have to waste troops garrisoning Balkans thus they could employ them elsewhere.
I don't think it would change that much in the overall scheme of things.
>>
>>963050
Was it necessary to invade the Yugos? couldnt they have been left neutral?
>>
>>963150
It was a direct way to Greece that also punished the Kingdom for stepping out of line with the coup. And as far as I know, Hitler was already in contact with the Ustashe before the attack.
>>
>>963155
Still seems like a huge price to pay for a slight
>>
>>963272
Well Hitler hated Serbia (and Yugoslavia by extention) for the whole WW1 thing so I think the attack was more than just getting to Greece and exacting revenge for the coup.
>>
>>959681
>Da fuq is Eternal Anglo
a meme pushed hard by /int/ shitters
>>
>>959681
The cause of all misery and suffering.
>>
>>963305
He couldnt care less about serbia or any other yugos.
Yugoslavia was economically pressured in unpopular alliance with Germany.
After coup he just said fuck it to highly unstable state and crushed it.
>>
File: Fascist_occupation_of_yugoslavia.png (172 KB, 1076x1239) Image search: [Google]
Fascist_occupation_of_yugoslavia.png
172 KB, 1076x1239
>>963380
Not true. Hitler's initial aim was to have Yugoslavia join the Axis. When that failed, he once again felt that the Serbs had done wrong against the Germans and he had the kingdom attacked. At this point, other interests were involved as well - he wanted Upper Carniola and Lower Styria for his own (his aims were to "make the lands German again") and the other Axis powers had their own territorial aims. In Croatia, Hitler saw a useful ally and the whole partition of Yugoslavia worked well with his plan to punish the Serbian people.
>>
>>963021
>meaning they had less spring and summer months

t.959835

>This is BS, why do people still repeat this?

Barbarossa was derailed by weather (mud!)

Did you even read >>959835 ?
>>
Lets have a short history lesson without going into depth (although I am open to discussion and elaborating on the matter) about siding of Kingdom of Yugoslavia with the Axis or the Allies. As you all surely know, the centre of power was Belgrade, with Sarajevo, Ljubljana and Zagreb as smaller, nevertheless ambitious centres. As the regent of Yugoslavia never wanted the young Prince to join the Axis (keeping strong ties to their French and English friends, where they fled to after the first days of the April War), they scattered Yugoslavian diplomats and foreign minister around the Kingdom, hoping they would remain oblivious to the fact that Hitler planned on kicking the shit out of the Royal Army (which in short, sucked). Unfortunately for the Serbs, Croats wanted to get away from the opressive regime (yes, the Serbs played ball and others had to pay enormous taxes and suffer the Hungarisation of schools), and were desperate enough to side with the Germans, more specifically with the german tank corps that stomped through to Zagreb. Hence the puppets Maček (who was an important minister in the royal cabinet), Kvaternik (Ustasha) and Pavelić (also an Ustasha guerilla).
>>
>>959655
They were meant to join the Axis, but a coup backed by Anglo empty promises, and Serbian hate from the Germans from WW1 which saw huge protests and demolition of German embassy by a mob, put an end to that idea.

Shame, really, million of people would've still be alive and chances are the country would still be around or would've separated more peacefully.
>>
Romania was always friends with them.
Now hungarians and bulgarians, on the other hand....
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.