[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian Pilotka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (907 KB, 2448x2085) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
907 KB, 2448x2085
The guys over at /k/ told me that this Pilotka is from the 80s and that the star is wrong. I was wondering if anyone here could confirm and tell me where I could get an authentic and correct star for this. I paid 10 bucks for it so I won't be devastated if it's fake but it would be cool to make it fully authentic if I can.
>>
>>957400
I think the insignia is taken from a peaked cap. I don't think the hat itself is "wrong", it just has the wrong isignia attached to it. Since it's from the 80s, I doubt it is fake at all, since there is plenty of surplus junk still being sold.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>957400
>>
>>957409
Do you happen to know what the correct insignia would look like for this cap? I have seen so many kinds.
>>
File: pilotka-soviet-hat.jpg (106 KB, 480x418) Image search: [Google]
pilotka-soviet-hat.jpg
106 KB, 480x418
Star is from a Ushenka.

You want the small star
>>
>>957419
Google is pretty accurate on this matter. Just a small red star with the hammer and sickle is the typical insignia.

If it lends any credence to my claims, my family is from the USSR. My dad served in the army and I have photographs of him in his uniform. Obviously, I am not going to upload these.
>>
>>957400
Congratulations. You spent 10 dollars for a felt vagina.

I hope you're not intending to wear that shit in public.
>>
>>957450
Nonono only degenerates do that. I just thought it was cool and figured I would pick it up. Talked the guy down from 30 to 10 so I figure even if it's fake I got a pretty good deal.
>>
>>957445
Does the red piper signify anything specific or was that just the style for the 80s?
>>
The insignia should have a makers mark on the back is it's real. The modern reproduction tend to be a more silvery gold in colour.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Says U21K and the symbol looks like a flower in a gear.
>>
>>957467
The piping might mean it's an officer.
>>
>>957501
Nice, seems legit
>>
>>957527
So does the badge match the cap if it's for an office or is it still incorrect?
>>
>>957544
As was said previously that badge is mostly used on Ushanka hats, I have only ever seen the star on its own when looking at pilotkas. Although the badge still seems authentic.
>>
>>957589
Okay cool well thank you for the info! It seems that I may have actually got a pretty good deal no?
>>
>>957635
Yeah can't go wrong for ten bucks, nice find.
>>
>>957642
Also picked up a DDR helmet for 25 that's it very good condition.
>>
>>957445
Those are some swag-ass uniforms
Too bad all Commies are bootlickers in denial and can't talk about how cool gulagfash looks without revealing the fundamental contradictions of their ideology
>Dude the dwindling away of the state lmao
>DUDE CENTRAL COMMITTEES AND RED ARMIES LMAO
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.