[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do we go when we die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
Where do we go when we die
>>
>>957042
there is no "we" and there is no "go" when you die
>>
>>957089
Ate you implying we do not exist as human species
>>
>>957042
Home
>>
Where do you think a wave goes when it breaks against the beach?
>>
>>957102
I am implying that "species" don't exist, "when you die".
>>
If you believed in Jesus Christ, heaven.

If you rejected/ignored God, hell.
>>
>>957102
wait are you unironically believing in afterlife?
>>
eternal non-existence
>>
>>957117
Well some of it goes back into the sea and some of it stays on the rocks and evaporates
>>
>>957130
Are you unironically not believing in an afterlife?

I thought NDEs already debunked atheism.
>>
>>957125
what if i believe in jesus but ignore god
>>
>it's a religious retards episode

ban all religion cheers
>>
File: 9d1a.jpg (8 KB, 185x200) Image search: [Google]
9d1a.jpg
8 KB, 185x200
>>957042
we are all in your head, so we'll disappear, but I don't what will happen to you.

>tfw I've ended my role in your life so I'll disappear with this post. Make me proud of you.
>>
>>957119
Humans have souls though, while animals don't.
>>
>>957132
I don't like how you call it.
"Eternal" implies that there's time. Even the word non-existence is weird. I like the word "nothing". Maybe "nothingness".
>>
>>957136
The fact they can be recreated in G-force simulators seems to debunk the credibility of NDEs.
>>
>>957136
Oh, the wacky dreams people have when distressed? When people imagine they're outside their body, but when asked to describe how everything actually looked, it turns out that they have no idea and they just made it all up?
>>
The practical side of me says that we just simply cease to be, experiencing nothing. The more whimsical side of me says we rejoin the same universal divinity from which we spawned, never to be again.
>>
>>957134
The wave not the water.
>>
>>957160
What is a wave if not water carried by wind
>>
File: yfw God exists.gif (1 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
yfw God exists.gif
1 MB, 235x240
>It's an atheist nihilist circlejerk thread

I can't wait until you die.

The look on your face as you realize those "annoying Christians" were right and trying to save your soul from eternal destruction.
>>
>>957089
Yes there is. Your sentience and memory rots away, so it's eaten by bacteria until they also die and what's left is a pile of atoms
>>
File: Holy Trinity.png (222 KB, 1446x628) Image search: [Google]
Holy Trinity.png
222 KB, 1446x628
>>957138
Jesus is God you retard
>>
File: 1341319002485.jpg (949 KB, 1264x2590) Image search: [Google]
1341319002485.jpg
949 KB, 1264x2590
>>957042
>mfw 7 years for posting this shit
>>
>>957168
I love Christians engaging in petty revenge fantasies. You'll insist up and down that's it not a major appeal of your faith, and then constantly revel in the fantasy at just about every turn. The Christian capacity for double-think is just remarkable.
>>
The idea of afterlife is just a meme we use to comfort ourselves before we bite it. You'll never see your loved ones again and when you die that's it. It's a terrifying thought and I don't blame people for using religion as an escape. I say believe whatever you want it's probably healthier than nihilism.
>>
>>957168

>vindictive Christians thinking they'll get the last laugh

What ever gets you through the night!
>>
>>957189
>implying i want or need "revenge"

God will repay.

Every word, thought and action you've ever done in your life will be shown to the entire world. All your sins, all your curses to God, all immortality and degeneracy.

But Christians? We have Jesus who died for our sins. We can point to Him.

You? There is no one to save you.
You denied Christ, so into the lake you go.
>>
>>957186
I want this to be real
>>
File: consequences.png (248 KB, 699x532) Image search: [Google]
consequences.png
248 KB, 699x532
>>957204
But we do get the last laugh though
>>
>>957206
>Religion of "Peace"
>"Loving" "Merciful" God
>>
>>957213
>Makes salvation the easiest thing possible
>"Believe in my Son and I will forgive all your sins"

>not merciful

>Physically incarnates into the world to die for His own creation

>not loving
>>
>>957186
I know this shit, it's an old creepypasta

Never realized why people find it astonishing, it's retarded
>>
>>957206
Okie dokie then. I have no shame for my sins, and I own every one of them. I desire eternal separation from your God, if there is indeed one.

But none the less, here you are. Revelling in the idea of someone being eternally punished for disagreeing with you. Pathetic.
>>
>>957168
>I enjoy the thought of people being tortured forever

You're a bit of a sadist
>>
>>957219
He should have incarnated in the age of cameras if he wanted me to believe in him. God is a cunt m8 and he wants you to fall.
>>
>>957219
From what i need to be salvaged?
>>
Christians on 4chan are about as obnoxious as Reddit atheists.
>>
>>957211
The problem with pascal's wager is two fold. First it makes the mistake of assuming that a life spent living according to a lie is nothing lost. Second, it gambles on the assumption of the Christian faith being the right one, when there are countless faiths out there, making the odds of guessing correctly infinitely small.
>>
>>957211
And what if we're both wrong? What if you end up in torment for worshipping the wrong deity?
>>
>>957234
No, I enjoy the thought of you being proven wrong.
>>
>>957242
They're basically the local fedoras. Autistic blowhards don't stop being autistic blowhards because they wear a cross around their neck.
>>
>>957249
Yet your description of this hinges on taking pleasure in their eternal suffering. In either case, it's pretty bloody pathetic.
>>
>>957249
>No, I enjoy the thought of you being proven wrong.

Through being tormented forever. There might very well be an afterlife, anyway. I don't know.
>>
>>957239
Your sin.

Mankind is a fallen creature, because of something that happened a long time ago.
>>
>>957211
So you just believe in God only out of pure fear that you will burn forever if you don't

Nice faith you got there, famalam
>>
A detaining area of which we are released until the final judgment.

At least I think. My eschatology is a bit rusty.
>>
If you are religious you will be rejected in the afterlife and simply cease to be for not being courageous enough to accept your mortality, if you accept your mortality and that your life as you will not last forever you will be rewarded with another life in another body but you will still be dead as you.

Nah in all honesty it is very simple to explain what happens after death. It's the same as the entire time before you were born. You were not upset about that. Fuck now you got me going. Im going to cry because I acceptmy mortality and I don't like it. Id rather of never existed
>>
>>957267
This.

That's another reason Pascal's Wager is bullshit. I doubt God would appreciate devotion based on the fear of hell.
>>
>>957257
If I took pleasure of you going to hell, I wouldn't be spreading the Gospel.

If a Christian is confronting you of your sin, it means He is trying to save you. i.e repent and start to live a righteous life with God.

>you're drowning
>I jump in and try to save you
>"Hey, BACK OFF! That's rude!"

>you're almost getting hit by a truck
>I push you away
>"WTF man! You bigot! Asshole!"

Atheists in a nutshell.
>>
>>957219
>Be an infinitely powerful god
>know the future
>create humans
>put a tree of knowledge to tempt them
>know they will fail
>they fail
>curse their descendents for eternity
>create a human version of yourself knowing it will have to die to save them from the curse you made
>commit weird cosmic suicide to save everyonr
>humans are saved from the thing you did
>you knew all of this would happen from the beginning
literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard
>>
>>957267
Nope, out of love.

>le fear meme
This only comes from retards who have never read the Bible nor understand basic Christian theology 101
>>
>>957268

Actually fuck that. The judgment is immediate. Disregard the other post, because suck cocks etc.
>>
>>957280
It isn't just pleasure in me going to hell. It's pleasure in me going to hell for disagreeing with you, you disingenuous moron.
>>
>>957282
>be God
>playthe greatest movie/opera that will, in the end, glorify God

There is a divine purpose to life whether you know it or not.

Everything will be revealed in the end.
>>
>>957285
>Nope, out of love.
Keep telling yourself that m8
>>
Nowhere we simply cease to exist and as a result all our pain, suffering and worries disappear which is a win in my book. I like to think there is a heaven because who wouldn't want to continue existing where all your troubles and worries simply do not exist.
>>
>>957285
>out of love

There's that double-think again. You go on talking about how not believing in hell will result in eternal suffering, and then claim that this played no role in your decision to be Christian. If it wasn't an important factor in your faith, you wouldn't bring it up. You're a coward, an idiot, and a sadist, a triple threat!
>>
"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Galatians 5:19
>>
what would you even do in the afterlife? wouldn't you get bored of eternally existing? I think we'd all welcome oblivion eventually.
>>
>tfw you die
>tfw the Old Testament was right; the afterlife is a dark, depressing pit where your shade slowly loses its identity and all memories of the living world
>>
File: 1454071526175.jpg (67 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1454071526175.jpg
67 KB, 720x720
>>957302
>not believing in hell will result in eternal suffering
Incorrect.

Not believing in the Gospel will make you go to hell.

Only Jesus can redeem a man from His sins.
His entire purpose was to die for us on the cross, He took our punishment for us.

If you reject the only option of getting eternal life, the only thing remaining is eternal death.
>>
File: 1459907683496.jpg (57 KB, 427x458) Image search: [Google]
1459907683496.jpg
57 KB, 427x458
>>957294
>Everything will be revealed in the end.
k
>>
>>957307
That's pretty much the same as the Greek Hades
>>
>>957307
That'd be pretty based. I like the idea of being some stupid fucking shade wandering about with other stupid fucking shades.
>>
>>957312
How does a few hours of suffering on the cross serve as a substitute for an eternity of torment?

I'm not even trying to be snarky, I've always wondered this.
>>
Being tortured for eternity seems a little harsh for not believing in Jesus.
>>
Does Ecclesiastes say there is no afterlife?

>For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
>>
File: 1458228454142.jpg (1 MB, 3200x2150) Image search: [Google]
1458228454142.jpg
1 MB, 3200x2150
>>957318
Because Jesus was perfect.

He's the only man who lived a completely sinless and righteous life. The perfect lamb without any blemish.

Sin against an eternal creator requires punishment/sacrifice.

God knows that we cannot be saved by our own works, we do bad everyday. We're talking about a Holy, omnipotent God.

So He died for us, took all the wrath of God, suffered torture and pain on the cross for all mankind so that we could have a chance to go to Heaven.

This is like basic Christianity, how do you not know this?
>>
>>957323
If you belong to any religion other than Christianity chances are you're going to hell

Let all those billions of chinks and hindus burn, it's all about love xDDD
>>
>>957331
i cringe every time i see this image
>>
File: who the hell are you.gif (1 MB, 240x422) Image search: [Google]
who the hell are you.gif
1 MB, 240x422
>>957318
>do L I T E R A L L Y nothing wrong
>the people you're trying to help are basically acting up like Classical age versions of pic related
>they get you convicted of some bullshit crime
>would rather take a literal serial killer back into their midst than to have you released
>judge basically says "fuck it i don't want a chimpout"
>you get beaten and nailed onto a sadistically inefficient suffocation device
>die
Imagine having no hard feelings after all of this
>>
>>957331
Yeah, I know the gospel, I just don't understand how a short period of temporal pain can take the place of eternal suffering.

Payment should be equal to purchase, right?
>>
>>957338
Bible says that Satan is the "prince of this world".

Satan deceives the vast majority of the world through false religions, ideologies and cults. Even within professed Christendom there is over 10,000 denominations, some with wrong doctrines. The devil is desperately trying to hide the truth.

Pantheism is a satanic concept.
>>
>>957350
How do you know you aren't the one deceived?
>>
>>957350
You're just taking the piss now.
>>
>>957348
Do you know how painful crucifixion is?
And all the events that led to it?

The worst part is that Jesus could have stopped it anytime. He was all-powerful but He let it happen just for you.

God humbling Himself and showing us the way to eternal life.
>>
>>957353
He has "faith."

Which is to say, he doesn't. Hell, he doesn't even know for sure that he isn't being guided directly by Satan himself.
>>
>>957356
Of course crucifixion is fucking painful, but it lasts days at worst (Jesus died in hours due to the mistreatment beforehand). It's nothing compared to a literal eternity of pain.
>>
>>957350
What makes you think Christianity isn't one of those false religions? What makes you think you're perfect, apart from your own bullshit dogma?
>>
>>957356
So a few hours of crucifixion is totally equal to eternity of burning and torture. God sure has a strange sense of justice.
>>
>>957363
Years of research, study and connecting the dots?
>>
>>957356
Thousands of people have been crucified during Roman times, even in a worse manner than Jesus. Don't they all have the right to be called Gods?
>>
>>957370
No because those were all sinners and not God Himself.
>>
>>957368
So your own bullshit dogma?
>>
File: Untitled (3).png (1 MB, 766x2232) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (3).png
1 MB, 766x2232
>>957042
According to atheists, our consciousness just stops until the dirt we decompose into evolves into a fluffy animal 10 million years later.
>>
>>957361
>>957366
not him but "eternal hell" is a debated topic.

the bible has some verses that point to destruction (your soul gets burned until nothing remains and you become nonexistant), so not eternal.
>>
>>957375
So absolutely all were sinners? No innocent people ever got crucified, other than Jesus, ever?

Nice generalization
>>
>>957376
No, all religions, politics, history and philosophy.

The more you learn about the world (especially the occult) the more the Bible seems to be true.
>>
>>957382
I don't think you know what "sin" means you retard
>>
>>957382
Not him but according to Christian theology all are sinners from birth. Original sin and all that.
>>
>>957383
So, confirmation bias.
>>
>>957385
True.

Have you ever spoken a lie?
Have you ever stolen something?
Have you ever hated someone?

Jesus said hate is akin to murder.
>>
>>957387
Nope, connecting the dots and using logic.
>>
>>957242
>>957251
It's just a massive joke and all these posts are ironic, right? Right?
>>
>>957392
>someone with a different worldview than mine???
>impossible!
>>
>>957392
Look at this thread and decide for yourself
>>
this thread proves that atheists and god-haters know nothing about the bible or christianity

that explains alot, /his/ is full of 15 yr old fedora tipping marxist liberals
>>
>>957390
Yes, people often cover up cognitive biases by convincing themselves their actions and thoughts are logical. Do you have any proof of your claims?
>>
>>957392
I suspect the fundie retard is a troll. But that may just be a vague hope that nobody is actually that stupid and pathetic.
>>
>>957403
>marxist liberals

wew lad
>>
>>957407
You know we are in the end times when Christians start to be considered as "fundamentalists" or "extremists" or "bigoted".

Just as the Bible said, we would be hated because we are the light that exposes darkness.
>>
>>957403
>people don't buy into 2000 y/o desert books without solid proof
>b-but fedora!

nice argument
>>
>>957416
No, you're hated because you're a pack of assholes that never bother to bring any actual proof of your claims. You would save many souls if you just did that one thing.
>>
>>957420
>i'm stupid and don't understand it
>therefore it's wrong!

nice logic atheistard
>>
>>957416
You were hated by the Romans too. They fed you to fucking lions and burnt you alive. All that happens in the modern day west is SJWs and liberals make fun of you. Christians then thought the End Times were upon them, too.
>>
>>957416
literally no one called any Christian in this thread fundamentalist, extremist, a bigot

we've been trying to hold a civilized discussion and all you faggots did was calling us sinners and sending us to hell
>>
>>957431
No, that's not true. I called him a fundie. Largely because he parrots the rhetoric of American fundamentalists.
>>
>>957042
For me, you, and the rest of us hell.
>>
>>957396
finally someone who can respect others opinions
>>
>>957424
You don't hate me.

You hate Jesus.

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." John 15:18
>>
>>957428
This is just like the Christian version of Islam bullshit bingo

>you just don't understand it!
>you didn't read my book!
>you didn't read my book correctly!
>>
>>957430
The lions thing may just be a later Christian fabrication.
>>
>>957440
No, I don't hate Jesus. I think he was an idiot, but I don't hate him. I don't hate you either. I just think you're kind of pathetic.
>>
>>957442
Christians were persecuted sporadically in the Roman Empire, and one form of execution was being fed to wild beasts. It's plausible a few were fed to lions.

Anyway, that's not the point.
>>
>>957449
No, you hate God and suppress the knowledge of Him.

You opened your mind to satanic deceptions and brainwashing of retarded monkey myths.

You're in the middle of a spiritual battlefield and you don't even know it.
>>
>>957453
Yes, indeed. Hatred of Christians is considerably lesser today than it was then. Making fun of someone for not backing up their claims is not equal to crucifying them for stirring up shit.
>>
Your daily reminder that the Old Testament is true but the New Testament is not.
>>
>>957457
Monkey myths? Like myths created by monkeys? OH FUCK YES. I want to read some of that shit.
>>
>>957465
Hello Yitzhak
>>
>>957457
Okay i just know you're baiting
>>
>>957465
I've heard Jewish theologians tended to beat the pants off of Christian theologians when they debated head to head, does anyone have any verification of such a claim?
>>
File: myth.jpg (23 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
myth.jpg
23 KB, 300x237
>>957469
You know, the darwinian fantasy atheists believe in.

The religion of "millions of years" and plastic monkeys.
>>
>I know with absolute certainty that there is absolutely no afterlife, higher power or spiritual entities whatsoever despite being presented no evidence at all on the subject
>I know with absolute certainty that there is a god who created me and who knows everything, can do anything and can see anything but who is also really uptight and insecure about people's beliefs
I can't decide which is more autistic.
>>
File: 1457613765531.jpg (24 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1457613765531.jpg
24 KB, 496x818
>>957482

>he's back again

Shut the thread down. Endless shitposting below this point.
>>
>>957482
Aw, that's so boring. I was hoping it was something interesting (even though I knew better), instead it's "science is a Jewish conspiracy against the Bible." Yawn.
>>
>>957489
He's been back for a while. He's been shitting up threads with his fundie nonsense left and right.
>>
>>957477
Jews always get BTFO because they have no argument against prophecy.

Jesus fulfilled over 30 prophesies of the OT, in every detail. Just to name a few:
>He would be from Bethlehem
>He would enter Jerusalem on a donkey
>He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver
>They would pierce him

written hundreds of years before Christ
>>
>>957485
you agnostics are also autistic
>>
>>957491
Evolution is not science.
It's pseudo-science.

Get it right.
>>
>>957477
Only true in the minds of delusional Jews who don't give a shit about truth.
>>
>>957491
>thinks evolution is scientific
Oh boy do i have news for you

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
File: thread dead.png (11 KB, 458x199) Image search: [Google]
thread dead.png
11 KB, 458x199
>>957482
HE'S HERE
>>
>>957497
At least I'm not a spook
>>
>>957495
>wow clearly this was a total coincidence and not Christians writing that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies to legitimize their faith

Are you this fucking dumb?
>>
>>957508
>>957489
>>957493
samefag

also still no counter-argument, you're just shitposting.
>>
>>957042
back to the normie realm
>>
>>957511
>makes fun of conspiracies
>believes in "it was written after christ" conspiracy

Atheists are hypocrites
>>
>>957512
Kent Hovind
>>
>>957511
You can't fool me, Shmuel
>>
>>957495
Literally not a single one of those appears in Jewish messianic prophecy.
>>
File: Sinai.jpg (153 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Sinai.jpg
153 KB, 640x480
Daily reminder that over 10,000 witnesses saw God descend on a mountain.
>>
>>957517
And do you have anything that refutes his arguments?
>>
>>957520
read the book of isaiah dumbass
>>
Russia if you were a bad person
>>
>>957520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8T0dVJVjqw
>>
>>957529
Read the Talmud, moron.
>>
>>957516
>your reading comprehension

I didn't claim any 'conspiracy'. The writers of the Gospels probably wrote Jesus fulfilling the prophecies of the Hebrew scriptures (in addition to a few he may have purposely fulfilled himself) to emphasize that he was, in fact, the Messiah.

Why should I believe in a supernatural explanation when the above is a perfectly plausible natural one.
>>
>>957498
Nigga just look up ring species or something
>>
>>957521
Wow! Any independent accounts from any of these witnesses? No?
>>
>>957482
This so much.

Darwinism is the main reason why people turn atheist. It has done alot of harm to the church. Darwin himself didn't even believe in it and he was also well known for being in the occult (devil worship). The entire theory stinks and lefts its mark on modern history.

Great that people have destroyed that theory though. It's not real but only imaginary in the heads of atheists.
>>
>>957534
Why would I read that demonic garbage guide for the Synagogue of Satan?

You said there were no prophecies regarding the messiah, there are tons in the Old Testament that Jesus all fulfilled.
>>
>>957543
It's all in the Tanakh you silly goy.
>>
>>957550
I said there were none mentioned in Jewish messianic prophecy. Of course Christianity would go to lengths to portray Jesus as the messiah.
>>
>>957548
Drill the image of a "monkey slowly turning into a human" into people's heads and they will eventually believe it.
>>
>>957548
>present actual scientific theory with actual proofs that contradicts my religion (which has no proofs other than old fables)
>WHY OH WHY DO PEOPLE REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN MY RELIGION, I BET SATAN IS BEHIND THIS
>>
>>957559
>Old Testament is not Jewish messianic prophecy

Aaaaand you're retarded.
>>
>>957564
>Altered account in a Christian book.

Want to buy a bridge?
>>
>>957562
>actual proofs

What proof?
Evolutionism has no scientific evidence whatsoever. It has been destroyed many times.

Creation won the debate, this was settled years ago.

The reason evolution is still taught in school is maybe, maybe there is an agenda going on and they want you to not believe in the Bible?
>>
>>957566
Book of Isaiah was written hundreds of years before Christ.

Heck, you can even find Jesus in Genesis and Exodus.

All the animal sacrifices was a prelude to the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>957571
Destroyed by whom?
>>
File: Bible.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Bible.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
>>957125

/thread
>>
>>957578
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
>>957331
>that WE WUZ kneeling

Why is a presumably ancient Egyptian kneeling to Jesus?
>>
>>957576
>Heck, you can even find Jesus in Genesis and Exodus

No, you can't. Christians can read him into it, just like anyone can see what they like to see in any text.

>the woman's seed prophecy

If looked at without any Christian preconceptions seems a lot more like a just-so story to describe the animosity between people and snakes than the foretelling of a messiah.
>>
>>957578
Kent Hovind.

He has an 18+ hour representation completely debunking and tearing apart the idea of macro-evolution/darwinism.

You did not "evolve" from a monkey.
It's a myth, a fairy tale.
>>
>>957591
>He has an 18+ hour representation completely debunking and tearing apart the idea of macro-evolution/darwinism.
I'm not the other guy, but I'll repeat to you what I said last time: Nobody has time for that. 18+ hours, good lord.
>>
I'd rather go to Hell than go to Heaven and be with the shitposting Christcucks from here.
>>
>>957586
Most problematic post on /his/ I've seen in a long time. Congratulations.
>>
>>957590
Adam means Man
Seth means Appointed
Enosh means Mortal
Kenan means Sorrow;
Mahalalel means The Blessed God
Jared means Shall come down
Enoch means Teaching
Methuselah means His death shall bring
Lamech means The Despairing
Noah means Rest, or comfort.

Man appointed mortal sorrow, the blessed God shall come down teaching his death shall bring the despairing comfort.

Jesus and salvation was the plan of God before He even made the universe. He already knew exactly what would happen (rebellion) and had a way to fix it.

Leave it to an atheist to know jack shit about scripture or the basic tenets of Christianity.
>>
>>957595
>i dont have the time for something that will change my life and save my soul

Then enjoy hell I guess?
>>
ITT: butthurt atheists can't handle Facts
>>
>>957609
I already follow a religion, and it's the same monotheism of the all the prophets and messengers. If you want success in the Hereafter, I suggest you to turn to Islam. If you'd like to have a polite discussion about religion, I'd be happy to.

Also, I'm not sure why you keep posting "kek looks like you're headed for the lake of fire m8". I mean, I understand warning someone of Hellfire, but being snide isn't going to win anyone over.
>>
>>957585
>http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
Oh, it's the "microevolution is real but macroevolution isn't" meme. I guess the process just magically decides to stop once it gets to things like chromosome count because then that would lead to macroevolution, which is bad.

So since macroevolution is impossible, how come the ancestral Greenish warbler can mate and reproduce with the western and eastern Greenish warbler, but the western and eastern Greenish warblers can't reproduce with each other? I'll be very interested in your reply.
>>
>>957666
>666
Nice trips, how fitting.

“Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.”
>>
>>957666
Oh, it's the "variation within a kind is real therefore dogs can turn into whales!" meme.

See, I can do that too.
>>
>>957042
Where ever you want to.
>>
>>957605
According to this website

http://www.abarim-publications.com/

Enoch is closer to "dedicated", and Enosh closer to "Man" or "Human".

And do you assume everyone who doesn't agree with you in entire is an atheist?
>>
>>957675
Seems like a spook.
>>
>>957042
I like to think in death we get to keep our memories and get to choose what world/universe we are born into. Not scientific but it keeps me from despairing. And no i do not believe in a pathetic god. If there was one i would do anything and everything to kill him.
>>
>>957262
Right, that only exists in a book that your particular sect has decided to interpret literally and over every other religion and it just so happens that you were born in is right. What are the fucking odds.
>>
>>957312
I'll be responsible for my own foul deeds, thank you very much.
>>
>>957331
Why is Jesus wearing the tree of Gondor?
>>
>>957383
It's amazing how I just happen to have experienced the opposite.
>>
>>957453
Diocletian did nothing wrong.
>>
>>957823
In the same way a child is responsible for his actions and will be held accountable by his father.

God created us.
>>
>>957842
Jokes on you, my dad died a long time ago.

I am master of my own fate. I am responsible for my own actions. No one else.
>>
>>957855
>I am master of my own fate. I am responsible for my own actions.

That's exactly what Satan proclaimed before he fell from heaven.

Now he's poisoning mankind with the same "you can become gods yourself!" garbage.
>>
File: cringefurryblessing.jpg (247 KB, 517x687) Image search: [Google]
cringefurryblessing.jpg
247 KB, 517x687
>>957331
This is one of the most cringe-worthy things I've ever seen

>the Twin Towers wreckage in the background
>>
>>957913

where the fuck do you see the twin towers

jesus christ your anti-americanism is showing
>>
>>957883
Could you reply to me here >>957652
>>
File: 1457890693226.jpg (81 KB, 670x720) Image search: [Google]
1457890693226.jpg
81 KB, 670x720
>>957148

>souls
>>
File: omaha.jpg (181 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
omaha.jpg
181 KB, 720x450
>>957042
Omaha... somewhere in Middle America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdcZhfgo90
>>
>>957042
Why do "we" get to go somewhere? Do other things that were once alive, like dead bacteria go there. or do humans conveniently get special treatment? Do things that were never alive go there? How is there "somewhere" to go? Where is it? How far from Earth is it? What does it look like? How will we get a sense of it without any method of perception?
>>
>>957211
>Someone actually posted Pascal's wager on /his/
There needs to be some kind of quality control for posts here
>>
>>957042
find out faggot
>>
>>957148
Souls are a spook
>>
>>957249
Let's say for the sake of argument that you're correct. There's a literal Christian God who wrote the bible 6,000 years ago and anyone who doesn't believe in him burns in molten sulphur forever while red guys with horns poke them with hayforks.

Well fuck that, then. I'd have to be on Satan's side. What kind of messed up, vicious little sprite sets up a universe like that? A vicious cretin with leperous mind full of hate, that's what.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (63 KB, 539x530) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
63 KB, 539x530
We all meet in a big hall full of friends and family. Literally everyone from your family tree since the dawn of time is sitting around waiting for you. You all eat some good food, relax and chat with your ancestors and have a great time. Then it turns into a massive orgy. After this concludes you greet the next person down your genetic lineage and you start again.
>>
So where in the bible does it say fondling ten year old boys is OK if you are a priest?
>>
>>958283
Is this why my dad is so interested in my relationships?
>>
Just like when you don't remember what you dreamed last night.
Imagine that you're dreaming "black" and you're aware of it but you can't do anything.
>>
>>957666
>can't
Maybe the attraction just isn't there, buddy.
>>
Where does a fire go when it is extinguished?
>>
>>958286
nowhere but there's some sweet loli incest orgies tho.
>>
>>957244
This
>>
Where do files go once you've deleted them?
>>
>>958341
It stays on the hard drive, albeit the computer does not reserve storage for it anymore.
>>
File: All_I_Know.png (179 KB, 451x403) Image search: [Google]
All_I_Know.png
179 KB, 451x403
>>958358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHDAuHHhws
>>
>tfw you go into these threads hoping that someone posts something reassuring

FUCK YOU NIHILIST CUNTS I CAN'T HANDLE MY MORTALITY I'M ON THE VERGE OF TEARS PLS SAY SOMETHING THAT GIVES ME HOPE OF AN AFTERLIFE
>>
>>958435
>I CAN'T HANDLE MY MORTALITY

No one thinks they can, until they must.
>>
>>958442

Nothing helps unless someone empirically proves an afterlife exists.
>>
>>958445
I think of it sort of like exposure therapy that people use to get over a fear of spiders etc, once you become accustomed to it, it doesn't elicit the same intensity of emotion.
>>
>>958453

How do you become accustomed to it?
>>
>>958460
Time, when I was younger I was terrified by the though that once I died that was the end, now it's something that I accept and while I obviously don't enjoy this, it's not such an intense or depressing experience. It just seems to futile to have such an intense response to something which isn't able to be altered.
>>
File: Blythe.png (122 KB, 522x434) Image search: [Google]
Blythe.png
122 KB, 522x434
>>958460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YpUsDsHmk
>>
File: pink guy.png (66 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
pink guy.png
66 KB, 184x184
We are all fake just put it this way where is the universe(full stop)
>>
>>957280
>Ascended to a new level of retardation
>>
File: Zulu_1964.jpg (251 KB, 325x510) Image search: [Google]
Zulu_1964.jpg
251 KB, 325x510
>>957280
This is you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUwZmg4W6c

The biggest asshole in the movie.
>>
>>957280

Man, I can almost hear the autism in this post

>mumble mumble, I must save people, mumble mumble
>mumble mumble, everyone who disagrees with me must be saved from their opinions, which wildly deviate from my own, mumble mumble

I swear, evangelical Christianity at this point should be declared some form of autism. It takes the inability to put yourself into someone else's shoes to whole new levels
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKR-HydGohQ
>>
>>958435
There's nothing to be gained from allowing your fears to control your beliefs. As the world is today, nobody returns from the dead, nobody comes into the world without weeping; no one asks one if one wants to come in, none when one wants to go out. Seeking pleasure One can join the Symparanekromenoi club, the
fellowship of those already dead, and celebrate death as a release from the struggle, and negatively admit that suffering rather than pleasure is the fact of one’s existence. One can seize what pleasure one can, fighting off boredom by teaching oneself to produce novelty out of any situation. One can build up a mental eternity of pleasure through ‘recollection’, the selective hoarding up of past pleasures in one’s memory. None of this is of any avail. Sharing misery negatively with others in a spirit of egocentric defiance achieves nothing, least of all a way out of one’s problem. recollection of pleasure and happiness, however selective, is no substitute for the real thing and no barrier against the real world. After the party comes the hangover and the dawn of daily life, while the hedonist knows that his recollections are not really immortal but will perish with him.

Epicureans will say to you " Death is nothing to us," due to the fact that we will not experience our own non-being. Therein lies beauty. Your "grave" presents a duty to you, which you must face.

Looking at the state of medicine now, you're still going to lose everything precious to you eventually. The key word here is EVENTUALLY. Embrace everything finite in your life with a renewed sense of earnestness and urgency. Strive to live a life that is authentically your own. Once the time comes, you may be ready to approach death with the same eagerness as an exhausted man approaches his comforters. Whether or not you'll have the perfect dream promised to you by whatever religion, no one can say for sure.
>>
>>958634
There you are /his/
>>
>religious people
>on my 4chan

Now I'm all up for a civilized discussion with different points of views but once upon a time 4chan was a bastion of atheism. Declaring yourself religious would have gotten you laughed out of the thread.
>>
>>958862
Nice bait.

4chan used to be Christian and declaring yourself atheist would get you BTFO with spams of *tips fedora*
>>
>>958870
No, that's how it is now. That tips fedora meme didn't come about until Tumblr and reddit became 4chans "nemesis"
>>
>>958887
4chan now is cucked reddit v.2 full of atheists

All the oldfags and real anons moved on to eightchan.
>>
>>958890
>8gaggers believe this
>>
>>957102
Thing is that life is essentially a dream come true. So yeah, our individual existences are an artificial division of a larger whole.
>>
File: sheckelderk.jpg (8 KB, 179x173) Image search: [Google]
sheckelderk.jpg
8 KB, 179x173
>>957675
>>957681
>>958305
>question dodging
>religious autistic bullshit
4chan has changed and its even funnier than it was before
>>
File: devil.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
devil.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>957294
>everything will be revealed in the end
>>
>>957331
didn't jesus chimp out on some merchants rather than turning the other cheek?

and didn't he curse a peach tree for not having any peaches at that particular moment?
>>
File: 1456461728455.jpg (615 KB, 1280x808) Image search: [Google]
1456461728455.jpg
615 KB, 1280x808
>>957171
It can be summed as follows; God is the aggregate and arbitrator of all information contained within the universe. God is completely intangible as a force of the universe that guides probability for the purpose of sustaining a coherent continuum of events. The "gods" that humans have used to war on each other over the ages are the pretenders. Merely thought forms given power through worship.
>>
File: 1442361254818.png (987 KB, 708x709) Image search: [Google]
1442361254818.png
987 KB, 708x709
>>959427
YO FUCK DIS HERE PEACH TREE
>>
Your brain will release chemicals to make you feel like you're dreaming at the time of your peaceful passing. Time as you perceive it will slow to a crawl as your brain's self-preservation tendancies kick in and you feel yourself passing into whatever "afterlife" you believe in, and it may seem like an eternity. You will dream before you die.
>>
>>959513
I read some philosopher who claimed that this is what happened when we die, he stated that it would be filled with the memories of our loved ones (in his view, their literal shared memories with parents, friends, loved ones in some sort of psychosphere, which sounds out there to me) and since time is relative to the observer and the minds inability to grasp any notion of time not existing it will feel likean eternity to you.
>>
EARTH MOTHER BE PRAISED
>>
>>957042
You go to paradise if you are a good person and else you go to a place of suffering which could be eternally or depending on your sins.
That last part depends on who you believe.
>>
>>959577
That's kind of worrying.
>>
>>959649
Fun fact, John Lennon was part of the Illuminati
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg2EJvvlF8
>>
We go to the real world

This is just entertainment in that world, like a movie or a video game is in this world.
>>
>>957042
Everything and nothing.
>>
>>957206
>Christian
>Being this Jewish
>>
>>957331
>This is like basic Christianity, how do you not know this?
It's your autistic, evangelical version
>>
>>959741
As a fellow shitposter, I feel I have to say that this post's shit does not represent the shit I shitpost.
>>
>>957042
https://youtu.be/ssf7P-Sgcrk
>>
File: 1456510314914.png (20 KB, 450x420) Image search: [Google]
1456510314914.png
20 KB, 450x420
I dont know
>>
>>957379
>first monkey shot into space
>Yuri Gagarin
kek
>>
File: 1444269481221.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1444269481221.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>959577
>>959667
>die
>realize i'm back on 4chan again
>realize i'm stuck here forever
>>
>>957042
to the morgue
>>
File: 1459791636969.png (276 KB, 1685x2008) Image search: [Google]
1459791636969.png
276 KB, 1685x2008
>>957211
What about the other odds?
>>
>>957598
This
>>
>>958435
Take comfort in the fact that when you don't exist, you wont be there to experience any misery from this non-existence. That's what I did.
>>
>>957186

WE

WUZ

YOU
>>
>>958435
This is what helps me cope with negative thoughts of the afterlife
>Your feelings of fear, sadness, unhappiness are all a product of being a human, once you die these emotions will no longer plague you hence you won't really care about what the afterlife will be like.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.