[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be a scientific thinker during the Islamic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 500x357
>you will never be a scientific thinker during the Islamic golden age
>>
>>946816

Why would anyone want to be a mudslime.

/thread
>>
File: 1459811517816.jpg (213 KB, 497x480) Image search: [Google]
1459811517816.jpg
213 KB, 497x480
>>946827
>>
File: Uncle_Sam.jpg (18 KB, 285x425) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Sam.jpg
18 KB, 285x425
>>946830
>>
>>946827
>Implying you needed to be Muslim to live under Muslim rule.
>Implying that science, and Mohammedanism, are codependent, or mutually exclusive.

Just go crawl back to /pol/, the ethnocentric gutter for gentiles, and Jews, in which you belong.
>>
>>946846
I remember when /pol/ hated the Jews and then the flags were implemented and it somehow all disappeared.
>>
>>946872
what the fuck. you'll kill yourself over the color of your eyes? .. why?
>>
>>946877
Because it's beyond disgusting and low.
>>
>>946877
#just/pol/things
>>
>>946816
>You will never steal Byzantine and Sassanid empires knowledge and pass it off as your own

Ftfy
>>
>>946846

>implying you didn't have to pay tribute taxes to your mudslime overlords
>implying you weren't treated like shit by the mudslime majority
>implying Pisslam was the progenitor of modern inventions and not the European Renaissance

Us /pol/acks understand our history too, probably even more than you do, faggot.
>>
>>946881
o-ok, whatever makes you sleep at night
>>
Threads like this one quickly reveal the abysmal ignorance and idiocy of the many.

Only a mentally impaired person would conflate religion, race, ethnicity, and culture, while posting offtopic ethnocentric drivel.
>>
>>946863
>somehow all disappeared

What? Since when did /pol/ stop being a neo-nazi shithole?
>>
>>946953
But neonazi are zionist stooges, idiot.
>>
>>946953
Have you ever been on /pol/ or are you just pulling shit out of your ass?
>>
>>946893
>literally 'muh holohoax': the board
>knowing more about history than anyone

Sure thing.
>>
>>946951
It's a problem with /int/, /pol/, and /lit/ crossposters bringing their favorite nonsense topics and giving it a mild historical coat of paint if they even bother.
>>
>>946958
I've been infrequently. There have been several active neo-nazi threads up every time, so either I'm incredibly unlucky or it is the idiotic hellhole I believe it to be.
>>
>>946961
>holohoax
>implying it's not mostly a meme
>implying a board is one person

/pol/ probably has more Israeli posters than any other board on 4chan, faggot
>>
File: Genghis Khan riding his dragon.png (342 KB, 736x354) Image search: [Google]
Genghis Khan riding his dragon.png
342 KB, 736x354
>Mudslimes translate greek, egyptian and syrian texts and control the most fertile land in the entire world, which already has top notch infrastructure built on it
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO ADVANCED, WHAT A GOLDEN AGE ISLAM HAS WROUGHT!

Eat my shit.
>>
>>946983
>implying it's mostly a meme
>implying your board hasn't been overrun with stormfags for years
>we're not nazis, we have plenty of Hew friends!

Never forget /his/, /pol/acks tried to strangle this board in the crib, and turn it into /pol/ with dates. Do not trust /pol/ posters, hide and report /pol/ threads.
>>
>>947015
Good ad hominem argument, jackass.
>>
>>947015
4chan /pol/ is as diverse in political opinions as any board. It's 8ch /pol/ that's exclusively a nazi haven.
>>
>>946977
They're against leftists and muslims, which I mean okay, they were before like that, but focus on Jews has pretty much disappeared
>>
>>946893
>implying you didn't have to pay tribute taxes to your Christian overlords and their church
>implying you weren't treated like shit by the aristocracy
>implying Islam did not help start the Renaissance by renewing interest in science and the Greek world
>>
>>947007
So are we going to go the Jared Diamond route and discredit all of Europian civilization because they had good soil?

You need to consistant with your systems. If you descredit the Arabs for one reason the same reason will also discredit the whites
>>
Tbh, I wish I could have been a historian in Baghdad, from time to time traveling the known world, collecting books and scrolls, and chronicling events under the patronage of a noble
>>
>>946953
/pol/ is all good little goys

>say something negative about Israel
>"t. Mehmet Al-Jafar"
>>
>>947185
I have a fascination with medieval Europe, so I could have gone on a trading vessel to Venice, and stay there while hiring Christians to go out and observe local events, then come back to me
>>
>>946953
/pol/ was a muslim shithole. I'm not even joking, the most antisemetic posters were always muslims.
>>
>>946816
There was a state of the board thread I wish were still up so I could point them to this thread for examination.
>>
>>947140
/pol/ will just come and unrionically talk about what a hellhole Europe is and how it's an awful place for humans therefore white people got smarter tha everyone else (ignoring asians who don't live in Europe being smarter)
>>
File: 1453601603214.jpg (95 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
1453601603214.jpg
95 KB, 580x735
>>947015
If only we can root them out of /k/ too...
>>
>good
>>
Islamic Golden Age thinker
>boy these greeks and hindus sure do have a lot of great knowledge.
>>
"Europe" was never the height of knowledge until the Renaissance. High civilization (and power) drifted from the fertile crescent to the greater Mediterranean super region. Civilization was able to thrive under Romans because they took knowledge and technology and traded with Greece, who got most of their shit from Egypt, who got their shit from the Sumerians. Everybody got shit from somebody else. Many people improved on it along the way.

The Islamic golden age just inherited and picked up the mantle after the Roman empire collapsed. You might be able to consider the Mediterranean itself a massive trading civilization, ignoring the minutiae of actual power structures, borders, and lineages. The center of which just switched to the most together region where overall trade could safely flow towards.

The dark ages were pretty dark in most of Europe (especially northern/western europe) even during and before the Romans were in power. Europeans just like to pretend that the dark ages were a brief stint in their global power, but that didn't really start until the age of exploration and industrial era.
>>
>>947808
the educated in European Dark Ages, still knew most of what the romans and greeks knew.

progress and knowledge just slowed, because of a lack of stable power. though once Charlamange founded his frankish empire. The Medieval period started and things got better.
>>
>>946953
Don't worry it's still a shithole, now it's just a more generic pro-Trump anti-immigration shithole.
>>
>>946953
Neonazis were purged when moot nuked the board.
>>
>ITT: how to trigger /his/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_in_the_medieval_Islamic_world
>>
>>946872
>Im le 14yr old mom I can hang nazi posters on my wall if I want jew faggot:-DDDD
>Hey Hidler:-DDD
>>
>>947015
Unfortunately there are too many of them.
>>
>>947706
American Golden Age thinker:
>the Bible said it, I believe it, that settles it
>>
>>946953
It's just became a good goy anti-muslim populist board
>>
>>946953
When Trump said he loves Israel more than anyone else and that he has a Jewish daughter
>>
File: 2.png (103 KB, 715x600) Image search: [Google]
2.png
103 KB, 715x600
>>947700
>>947015
>>
>>946953
trump's speech pretty much killed it
>>
>>947939
That board got nuked twice
It was only after moot gave them flags and Id's did those neonazis who were all unironiclly from the middle east did it somewhat die down
>>
>steal Greek, Persian and Indian knowledge
>"HURR WE MUSLIMS INVENTED IT"

Daily reminder that the "Islamic golden age" is a myth.
>>
>>948317
>stealing knowledge

You know the wheel on your car/bike was also invented by some other 'culture' probably.
>>
>>946816
They came
They saw
They plagiarized
>>946846
>gentiles, and Jews
So everyone?
>>946888
Numbers dont lie.
>>
ibn khaldun the realest desu
>>
Good.
>>
>>948308
>thinks proxyservers don´t exist and has obviously not been to >>/pol/ in a while
>>
>>946816
you fucking idiot, these days are the best time in history to learn, apply or discover scientific principles. the muslims did have some scientific insights but there was a lot of alchemist bullshit mixed in no doubt
>>
>>946816
>You will never be a Greek or Persian intellectual whose knowledge is stolen.
>>
>>948488
>They came
>They saw
>They plagiarized
Why don't you just admit you don't like them and seek to undo any achievements all because of your modern political views? It's just frustrating, people like you. I'm not one of these who thinks they invented numbers or were all scientific genius's but they obviously did a lot of cool forward thinking shit and had good ideas.
>>
File: 1408436116819.jpg (33 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
1408436116819.jpg
33 KB, 560x415
>>948523
>Why don't you just admit you don't like them
I never said I didn´t.
>seek to undo any achievements all because of your modern political views?
Don´t be stupid. Have you even read the quran and/or the hadiths or at least read up on Islamic history from sources other that apologist Imams?
>It's just frustrating, people like you.
Like me? What do you mean like me?
There are no people like me in Germany thats why there is no discorse and only butthurt nazis and castrated liberals who flagellate themselves.
>I'm not one of these who thinks they invented numbers or were all scientific genius's but they obviously did a lot of cool forward thinking shit and had good ideas.
So you admit that their claims of inventions are at best blown out of proportions yet you accuse me of what? Wanting to take credit for inventions made before my time by others in order to inflate others views on my ideology?
Can you see the irony?
>>
>>948612
I don't think anything is blown out of proportion, what they did and didn't do is historical and left in records, what people might say today is another matter. Your problem is you're grouping Muslims today with the Muslims of then, over 1000 years ago. They're different people who are linked by a religion and thats it. The issue isn't Muslims claiming they did all these great things, the issue is anti Islamists claiming Muslims never did anything. The most i ever see Muslims claiming is that they had a golden age, which always ends up with someone screaming that everything they did amounted to translated to texts.
>>
>>948612
What that anon meant is that people like you are saying that the medieval muslims didn't do shit while they did a lot of cool shit at the time but also that your butthurt for recent events cloud your ability to discuss things like an adult while you are also disregarding everything modern historians have established just to fit /pol/'s made up narrative.
>>
>>948612
Whether it's apologist imams or anti-Muslim bigots and reactionaries, neither are good sources on understanding both Islamic history and historical context of the Quran and Hadith.

It's the equivalent of skipping leg day.
>>
File: 1409903473739.jpg (17 KB, 335x363) Image search: [Google]
1409903473739.jpg
17 KB, 335x363
>>948618
>everything they did amounted to translated to texts.
Obviously not everything buts that many inventions were spoils of war in obvious.
Muslims per definition are bound to follow the quran and had you read it you might understand the disdain many feel twards the followers of its doctrines and it doesn´t matter if a thousand years ago or a thousand years in the future because Islam has set itself up to defy reformation.
>>948620
>you are also disregarding everything modern historians have established just to fit /pol/'s made up narrative.
So you claim but where have I stated anything the likes?
I hate to just point to logical fallacies but this nothing more than a strawman and you know it and screaching any critic should return to /pol/ seems more like an attempt to rebrand godwins law than have a rational discussion.
>>948622
Which is why I advocate you read it yourself and not listen to advocates and opponents alike.

I mean come on is my english this bad or is reading comprehension a muslim virtue from the golden age?
>>
>>948667
>Obviously not everything buts that many inventions were spoils of war in obvious.
Hows that work? The Islamic golden age began well after the majority of conquests. I have read the Qur'an, I can also read Arabic. I am not Muslim. It's the hadith which hold Islam back, its the hadith which contributed to the end of the golden age, but regardless the majority of Muslims havent read the Quran beyond school religious class.
>>
>>948667
Your English is pretty bad.
>>
File: 1411243680810.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1411243680810.png
46 KB, 250x250
>>948686
>Hows that work?
Via transaltion of aquired scrolls like in Alexandria (the later invented claim they had burned everything is simply propagana).
>The Islamic golden age began well after the majority of conquests.
Not even a generation after the Umayyad caliphat to be precise and who would have thought that translations by hand of hundreds of thousands of texts might take a while.
Why are you trying to frame it as if I were claiming muslims got nothing right? They picked up the slack from the greeks and built upon it but claiming it as their own is just rich.

I know most muslims haven´t read the quran but that doesn´t mean that they weren´t genuinely lectured on its content. Otherwise nobody would take the quran literally or without suspicion because of the "satanic" verses. But even without the hadiths Islam is far from compatible with peaceful coexistance.
>>948688
>tfw my shitty english is still better than this goys arguments
>>
>>948760
>Otherwise
Fuck cut out that selective teaching doesn´t undermine the doctrines but only shields from scrutiny.
>>
>>948760
>as if I were claiming muslims got nothing right?
Because your first post of the thread was
>They came
>They saw
>They plagiarized
>>
Americunts always need to hate someone.
Hate chinese
hate jews
hate muslims
hate polish
hate germans
hate spanish
hate mexicans
hate english
hate irish
hate italian
hate south americans
hate japanese
hate syrians
hate israel
hate canada
hate swedish
hate afgans
hate africans (anything thats black is african)
hate other culture
AND THE WORLD HATES YOU BACK

YOU ARE THE REAL TERRORIST HOPE YOUR FAMILIES GET BOMB BY ISIS OR WHAT EVER THE FUCK THEY CALL THEMSELF.

AMERICANS ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH
THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT YOU FASCIST CUNTS
>>
File: 1458923074687.jpg (233 KB, 585x883) Image search: [Google]
1458923074687.jpg
233 KB, 585x883
>>948781
>and they plagiarized everything they ever did
Damn you are right its time to posting I guess.
Plagiarizing was the best thing they could do as the golden age stood proof for and nobody is claiming that it was bad simply that its delusional to pretend muslims weren´t building (as everyone in history did) uphon the shoulders of giants.
Its just muslim apologists trying to hold their religion up as the end all be all that they wish it were.
>>
File: u mad.jpg (100 KB, 646x486) Image search: [Google]
u mad.jpg
100 KB, 646x486
>>948803
>implying americans aren´t migrants from those cultures
>taking historical events and geopolitics personal
>>
>>947140
to be fair half of europe had almost no infastructure to speak of.
but the geographical location did likely contribute to its success later in history.
>>
>>948809
Everyone has built upon the shoulders of giants since the Ancient Greeks.
>>
File: proud greek heritage.jpg (362 KB, 800x873) Image search: [Google]
proud greek heritage.jpg
362 KB, 800x873
>>948834
>since the Ancient Greeks
I guess Minoans werent real then.
>>
>>948803
We'll be sure to take you with us, Australia.
>>
>>948803
it's almost like your hate means something
>>
File: 1460018958273.jpg (4 KB, 210x194) Image search: [Google]
1460018958273.jpg
4 KB, 210x194
>>946816
>Islamic
>golden
>age

I smell a new meme lads
>>
>>948843
Bronze age collapse happened
>>
>>948857
yes and the world forgot how to make wheels and fire and stuff until the greeks taught them
>>
>>948874
Now you're getting it.
>>
>>948855
only a meme because many in the islamic golden age weren't muslim. There were many Jews as well.
>>
>>948857
Not entirely in mesopotamia and egypt.
>>
>>948877
based greece. Germoney should forgive them their denbts and give them money to retake constantinople.
>>
File: AlbertusMagnus.jpg (20 KB, 220x232) Image search: [Google]
AlbertusMagnus.jpg
20 KB, 220x232
>You will never be Saint Albertus Magnus
>You will never be George Lemaitre
>You will never be Gregor Mendel
>You will never be Louis Pasteur
>You will never be Guy Consolmagno
>>
>>948905
Sadly albert read islamic translations of surviving greek classics
>>
>>948803
I'd say Muslims are the scum of the Earth. And I'm not even 'Merican. No, seriously, I've lived with these people almost my entire life, and I can sum up their ideology from their behavior in a few short green texts:

>hurr durr Jews r bad
>hurr durr gays r bad
>hurr durr infidels will burn
>hurr durr everything is destined
>hurr durr I belong in >>>/x/
>>
>>949027
If you were Catholic they pretty much say the same thing.

Except the infidels part. That protestants.
>>
>>949035
>If you were Catholic they pretty much say the same thing.

Anti-Semitism in Catholicism? Wha...? Am I hanging out with false Catholics or something?

>Except the infidels part. That protestants.

Okay, we all know that Protestantism is cancer. But throughout the years I've lived with Protestants, never have I ever heard that. Then again, maybe the just keep it quiet.
>>
>>949027
>hurr durr Jews r bad
>hurr durr gays r bad
Unlike you anon, I think I'll love these guys.
>>
>>949027
This, literally all of the countries where homosexuality is penalized by death are muslims.

>w-why aren't you tolerant to people who want to behead you? ;_;
>>
>>946977
Jew hatred is just a meme, everyone should know this. Even the Israelis get it.
>>
>>946816

Why is /his/ the anti-/pol/? Opposite side of the political spectrum, but not less politically loaded and one dimensional.
>>
>>950020
The only way it's the anti-/pol/ is that the best kind of /his/torian is apolitical.

Exactly what is politically loaded or one-dimensional about the OP, though? It and the subsequent dozen posts are all barely on-topic /int/ and /r9k/ shitposting and feels nonsense.
>>
>>946816
you can be. a new golden age is coming inshallah
>>
File: Human-accomplishment.jpg (93 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
Human-accomplishment.jpg
93 KB, 1200x967
>>946816
>le islamic golden age meme

they did good for their time a least
>>
File: muh feels.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
muh feels.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>950383
If it were gods will a caliphate exist why did the last one crumble?
Also next golden age will be due to the advent of AI which is haram so are you saying IS is gonna go back to translating greek again?
>>950134
Which is why anon asked why so many have a bias.
>Exactly what is politically loaded or one-dimensional
The credit many attribute to the caliphates during the golden age is a loaded subject as both pro and con sides try take credit where it is not due because of their political and religious conviction.
If anything your post is off topic as it has not only nothing to do with the subject but is also just immature projection as you obviously reject some anons arguments by simply calling them emotional shitposting.
>>950539
Pls remove this is very offensive.
>>
>>948803
go back to your sweatshop Muhammad
>>
>>950865
>If anything your post is off topic as it has not only nothing to do with the subject but is also just immature projection as you obviously reject some anons arguments by simply calling them emotional shitposting.

They are emotional shitposting.
>>
>>946956
Okay. Assuming your claim is true, neonazi ideology minus zionist stoogery still makes you a shitty person.
>>
File: stab2.jpg (98 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
stab2.jpg
98 KB, 500x702
>>947204
On what planet is an American degenerate anime website going to actually attract a large demographic of Muslim users to a known white supremacist shithole sub-board?

I know your older brother told you that when he was /pol/ lord in '07, it was all Muslims, but he's lying to you, kid.
>>
>>946893

>admitting you're a /pol/tard

Hide your shame hide your shame little boy
>>
>>951027
>implying hitler didn't like Islam
>>
>>951027
There are plenty of muslims on /int/. I don't go near /pol/ so I ouldn't know but there are muslims around.
>>
>>951027
I love how serious they take themselves. They're on an anime image board and mostly just troll online. The world of /pol/ smokers is a strange one.
>>
>>950957
Its called bantz newfag and almost every thread begins with them.
>>
>>951279
Like I said, /int/ emotional shitposting
>>
>>951322
No its like riling up animals before they fight.
Its not emotional but calculated to increas the chance of a freudian slip and force those with no self control into traps they otherwise wouldn´t touch if they weren´t blinded by rage.
Here its just a bad example because /pol/ is not in its natural habitat.
>>
>>950539
What exactly is the metric for this?
>>
>>951600
Known publications and citations known to modern historians, which heavily skews any graph in favor of the West after the printing press and is unable to account for works and events lost to time or was later rediscovered and counted towards the progression of our current, modern world.

Unfortunately what should be an interesting study on the transmission and proliferation of knowledge and the arts starting with Gutenberg's printing press and later with industrialization becomes an infographic for arguing whatever supremacist platform people want to make.

It's just the same kind of juvenile logic that you'd see from Islamists making lists of Medieval Muslims and comparing them to Europe.
>>
>>951759

Are you claiming the Islamic world still has no access to the printing press? Why does Spain, a backwater in Europe, publish more new books annually than the whole Muslim world combined?
>>
>>951786
>Are you claiming the Islamic world still has no access to the printing press?
No. I don't even know how you even thought that was my point at all.

>Why does Spain, a backwater in Europe, publish more new books annually than the whole Muslim world combined?
Not really relevant considering the study stops at around 1950. It raises a lot of interesting questions about literacy in the Arab world, the use of Arabic versus English in higher education in the Arab world, and a neat niche in Spain's industry that's cornered the publishing market for the Spanish speaking world.
>>
>>948803
How does it feel knowing we will NEVER EVER pay any debt owed to you or your shitty country you fucking cuck.
>>
File: Philosophy Comics Incoherence.png (725 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Philosophy Comics Incoherence.png
725 KB, 1000x1500
>>
>>953530
>He is at least a hundred times more incoherent than me!
This fucking killed me for some reason
>>
>>953530
>grinds my goat
>>
>tfw you'll never live in comfystantinople during the height of the ERE
>>
>>950539
This is so bad
>>
>>949904
>>>/pol/
>>
>>949920
I feel like the people who support Muslims are either people who have never lived in a Muslim country, or at least a Muslim state disguised as a secular one; or are Muslims themselves.
>>
You can't possibly discuss Muslim history with people any more. Because of recent political events, people either extrapolate their views of them today back to history or are apologists for what they do today with excuses from history.

People are too emotionally invested about Muslims, both Muslims themselves and others to rationally discuss Islamic history. They go either full retard in one direction saying Muslims literally did nothing or they full retard in opposite direction and say Muslims invented everything.
>>
>>954335
Preach it
>>
>>953754

why nigga?
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.