[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philosopher or sophist? What's /his/'s opinion on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: stefan memenoux.jpg (41 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
stefan memenoux.jpg
41 KB, 599x402
Philosopher or sophist? What's /his/'s opinion on this guy?

He strikes me as someone who wants to live in fairyland. Although he's a good speaker and has some pretty good ideas, what he says doesn't seem to reflect real world plausibility - a bit similar to communism in that one respect.
>>
Do you support ME getting SHOT??!
>>
He is a philosopher, but tbqh, that's not saying much these days, because very few philosophers bring anything new to the table, and he's no exception.
>>
>>934059

ONE DOLLAR
>>
>>934059
Not an argument.
>>
I wouldn't say he is deep or pivotal but he is ok, however his fans are insufferably annoying
>>
>>934059
He is a Filo Sophist.
>>
>>934076
>>934194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3hHZkryjA
>>
>>934191
>how dare you sum up someone's entire philosophical system in 1 sentence on 1 post on 4chan
>I demand a fully fleshed out argument
>no fun allowed
>>
>>934059
The way he presents himself is very strange. He stares into your soul, and HE has the answers. I'm not against thinking that you're right and defending your views, but the way he does it is very cult-like and strange. As far as his views go, I know he's An-Cap but he basically thinks like a reactionary, you can tell he has a fondness for European states whether he likes it or not. Also he has mommy problems
>>
>>934203
>What's /his/'s opinion on this guy?
>>
>>934059
I'd like to add that I admire his peaceful parenting.
>>
>>934212
can you give a good example
>>
>>934203
Really ridiculous reaction, and he clearly has an inflated ego.

But he's clearly right about several things, and violence against children is one of them.
>>
>>934212
>An-Cap
To the trash.
>>
>>934244
Isn't that what he is though?
>>
Cult leader.
>>
File: 1458677236690.jpg (127 KB, 650x497) Image search: [Google]
1458677236690.jpg
127 KB, 650x497
ITT: not a single argument
>>
File: Molyneux one dollar.jpg (857 KB, 1234x537) Image search: [Google]
Molyneux one dollar.jpg
857 KB, 1234x537
>>
File: one.png (166 KB, 649x397) Image search: [Google]
one.png
166 KB, 649x397
one dollar
>>
he make some good videos
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CM_--di7L8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVH-ObELOUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoZBfz7r0U
>>
>>934059
>"What's /his/'s opinion"
ill-informed and meme-ridden, probably.
>>
I'm currently reading about his views on spanking/child abuse, and while I agree with his view that children shouldn't be spanked or be subject to other forms of corporal punishment, the idea that a cessation of childhood corporal punishment would solve the majority of aggression-induced social problems within a generation seems simplistic.

I mean, perhaps if everyone had the most perfect, pleasant childhood possible then those problems would be solved, but it seems to me that even if we accept that all antisocial behaviours stem from negative childhood experiences, there are many ways a person can have a shitty childhood even if they're not physically abused. Eradicating literally all forms of negative childhood experience is so far-fetched that it's not really worthy of serious discussion.
>>
>>934825

Violence is often enough genetic.

Like predators in the wild are violent cause their mom never said she loved them.
>>
TWO

DOLLARS

CANADIAN
>>
>>934234
Yeah fuck kids
>>
>>934825
The problem is humans are stupid and will use this as an excuse to vent their anger on their children, you need a wide margin of error.
>>
He's redpilled
>>
File: argument.png (5 KB, 549x670) Image search: [Google]
argument.png
5 KB, 549x670
almost as bad as spooks
>>
>>934069
what's with a lot of libertarians and that phrase? Ben Shapiro says the same shit all the time too
>>
Why isn't this thread deleted for advertising like it is done with threads about noncelebrity thinkers, huh?

Such hypocrisy. Moderation in this board is pathetic.
>>
>>935527
>Why isn't this thread deleted for advertising like it is done with threads about noncelebrity thinkers, huh?

Did they finally start deleting the daily Mundus Millenialis threads?

Thank god if so
>>
File: 1457007917408.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1457007917408.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>935527
that's not an argument
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.