[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1449350385135.jpg (65 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449350385135.jpg
65 KB, 640x640
If the Confederates had won, either on their own or with British intervention, what might an independent Confederacy have looked like after 50 years?

After 100 years?

Would it have survived to the current year? Would slavery still be around?
>>
Like shit because their economy was collapsing and a confederation wouldn't have worked. It didn't work the first it was tired either.
>>
The CSA had no chance to win the war.

An independent CSA would lack the infrastructure and industry that the north had. It's economy was an agricultural one that was reliant on slave labour. It's going to have to spend some time catching up with the USA.
>>
Who is she?
>>
>>933994
Like a North American Brazil.
>>
An independent CSA would have had to become a puppet state for some European Power to keep from collapsing within the first 20 years. They lacked any significant infrastructure, they lacked any semblance of means of production, and their entire agriculture revolves around a luxury crop they couldn't even feed their paltry population.

In essence, they'd have been a quasi-colony of Great Britain or France, supplying cotton and other textiles in exchange for their puppet government being sustained.
>>
>>933994

I suspect there would've been USA supported slave revolts (funded, armed) that would've devastated the CSA. They'd be boycotted by the international community in early-mid 1900s for their slavery practices. Eventually slaves would've been freed, but blacks would've been just as fucked as they got in Reconstruction. Imagine not having a federal government at least try to protect black lives in the South... Would be almost genocide.
>>
>>934166
>An independent CSA would lack the infrastructure and industry that the north had.
Well like no shit Sherlock
>>
>>933994
They developed an impressive armament industry in the war so they'd have probably continued to industrialize out of necessity and leading to a situation where blacks stay in the fields and whites work factories.
>>
>>933994

Most likely outcome for Confederacy surviving is a worse than historical campaign season in 1864 from the Union's perspective, not capturing Atlanta, followed by a McClellan victory and a peace treaty.

However, the peace would be uneasy; a huge segment of the North would still consider the south a core part of the country in rebellion to be brought back into the fold at the earliest possible, and you're going to have a long string of disputes over the western territories.

I would be surprised if it lasted 10 years before war breaking out again; and any confederate society would probably turn in neo-spartan directions, with an ever-increasing militarization and doubling down on slavery to take care of the labor needs.

But it probably won't be enough to keep up with the north's larger population and much stronger economy, so sooner or later, within 20 years tops, the North attacks again and rolls on through.
>>
>>934166

The CSA had no way to win the war traditionally and acted like a bunch of retards during the war.
But there are strategies they could have used to win.

>inb4 hurr durr southerner
Not American.
>>
>>933994
I bet it would literally be a second-world nation akin to Brazil or Mexico, but with more white people.

I mean, I lived there for most of my life, despite the straw man who's going to reply with his bullshit on how good it is, or that blacks are the only problem, the South is pure ass. Its poverty rates are high, literacy rates low, uses more welfare than anywhere else in the country (including whites) and simply wouldn't even be at this shit show without help.

Without the US, unless the CSA's economy booms spectacularly, it would be a major shitstorm of a country. .
>>
>>935279
Black Southerners aren't even bad people any more than any urban trash is. All the blacks I knew growing up in the county were hard workers and god-fearing good folks.
I feel bad that stereotypes get applied to them.
>>
File: come at me bro.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
come at me bro.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
>>935258
I think I read somewhere that the Confederates would've had a better chance if they'd used longbows as secondary weapons in the early stages due to the low cost, and reload rate.

It's probably bullshit but what say you /his/? Assuming the Confederate army could be trained to use them in time and get their hands on a good supply of bows and arrows, could it have given them an edge?
>>
>>935965
Maybe if they'd trained everyone for a few years prior which is basically fucking necessary when shooting the beast that is the longbow.
>>
The CSA was already fighting its own low level insurgencies, it wouldn't take much for it to tear itself apart
>>
>>933994
slavery would have been phased out eventually, due to the preservation of state rights the US would be a much more egalitarian and prosperous society
>>
>>936047
>due to the preservation of state rights the US would be a much more egalitarian and prosperous society
How's that?
>>
File: libertarianparty.jpg (81 KB, 404x417) Image search: [Google]
libertarianparty.jpg
81 KB, 404x417
>>936187
We would be free from the tyranny of Civil Rights legislation and I would be permitted to discriminate against anyone I wanted.

This would be okay though, since without the big government federal welfare plantations, racism would be over and blacks would have enough money to run their own businesses and discriminate against whites.
>>
>>933994
The US would have aligned with Germany and come the inevitable Great War the two would have gone to war again and the US would reabsorb the confederacy.
>>
If the US didn't try again, it would be in the same boat as every other New World nation south of the US: revolt, rebellion, repeat.
>>
It's economy would have eventually completely fallen apart due to an unsustainable product in a volatile populace. Reabsorbed within a year
>>
Basically imagine Brazil at best and Rhodesia at worst.

Being for black slavery is being anti-white.
>>
>>936329
lol ironic that britain said the same about the usa
>>
>>936332
>he thinks anti-white is a real thing

Embarrassing.
>>
>>933994
BIIIIIIIIIIG ASSSSSSSS TITTIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>>
>>936332
>Rhodesia at worst
Minus the foreign communist infiltration? So pretty good you're saying?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.