[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity: the religion for cowards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: marcus aurleius.jpg (128 KB, 870x575) Image search: [Google]
marcus aurleius.jpg
128 KB, 870x575
Having both been a Catholic formerly and having spoken to a great number of actually devout Christcucks on IBs, I can say that without a doubt, Christians are the most cowardly and pathetic individuals that ever sullied the name of the human race.

To make it short: most - all, actually - have told me that everything God does must be 'good', even if it were bad by any kind of human standard. A kind of doublethink, with one on Cripplechan actually proceeding to tell that even if God decided to brutally kill newborns and infants on a whim, it would be morally 'good'. When they say that God can do no wrong, they mean God can do all wrongs, but the mere fact that he is a deity would mean these wrongs would actually be 'good'.

And this implicitly tells that Christians don't care if God is - outside of their doublethink - evil or wrong or at fault. In fact, many actually know it, but still worship because they want to be saved after death. How pathetic is that?
>>
>>930532
>omnipotent beings don't deserve to be worshipped if they don't adhere to my morals

Autism
>>
Who are you to judge what "good" and "evil" is?
>>
>>930540
>worshipping omnipotent beings that do not adhere to your morals
Cuck.
>>
File: 1458336799743.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1458336799743.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>930540
>killing infants? It's all relative
>>
>>930540
>""omnipotent"" beings need to be worshiped despite their many faults just so that I can get saved

Cuckold fetish
>>
>>930562
>a bag of bones and flesh floating on a rock in space thinks he is morally superior to an all knowing created of the universe
>>
>>930532
>Having both been a Catholic formerly

show us on the doll anon...
>>
>>930584
Creating the universe itself caused a net loss for sentient beings, so it is impossible that the one responsible for the creation was "omnibenevolent".

Also, a perfect being would hardly have proceeded to create anything, seeing as this entity would have felt no need or compulsion to do so.

But, the idea of the creation makes sense if you remove "perfect", "omniscient", and "self-contained" from the attributes of God. Maybe he's simply a very powerful entity. Powerful, but not almighty, and certainly not perfect or eternal. Does someone having power automatically make them totally good or worthy of respect? No.
>>
>>930532
>everything God does must be 'good'
They got that from Greek philosophy and there is none of it in the bible specially OT.
>>
>>930532
T E L E O G I C A L

S U S P E N S I O N

O F

T H E

E T H I C A L
>>
File: 1418643398241.jpg (82 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1418643398241.jpg
82 KB, 960x949
>>930555
It was an allegory for the rejection of sacrifice ya cuck. MFW someone near me doesn't know of the White Goddess
>>
>>930644
t e l e o l o g i c a l ***
>>
>>930606
>Also, a perfect being would hardly have proceeded to create anything, seeing as this entity would have felt no need or compulsion to do so.

Creation is contingent. God was'nt compelled, he created freely. If God didn't have perfect freedom to create or not create then he would be less perfect.

>Creating the universe itself caused a net loss for sentient beings, so it is impossible that the one responsible for the creation was "omnibenevolent".

How is being created a "net loss" ? If X is sentient beings after being created and Y is sentient beings before being created then we can't attribute anything to Y because Y doesn't exist, where X does exist so we can attribute something to it. It is impossible for X to have lost anything that Y had.
>>
All of this discussion of ethics and nobody has simply accepted that a God does not exist.

Never mind, belief in a God is itself one of the cardinal sins of humanity. The other two being praising weakness rather than making everyone strong and genuinely thinking your values are more important than reality.

All religious people are apostates
>>
>>930654
It is a net loss since the majority of all humans that have existed will not be 'saved'. Most people that have existed up until now have not been Christians; even the ones who claimed to be, most of them did not particularly adhere to any of the precepts or rules, being only nominally Christian. Take into account the fact that obviously some Christian denominations are simply wrong (they cannot all be correct in their interpretations), and the fact that as a population, Christians are dwindling in most of the world save for a few areas in Africa and some parts of Latin America.

Most people will be 'damned', and only a minority 'saved', resulting in that by doing simple math, the act of creation will have resulted in a net loss.

Unless you're one of those Christcuck Unitarians who think that God wills ave everyone in the end, in which case all the other denominations consider you a heretic and only one level removed from atheists and on the same tier as Muslims.
>>
>>930532
>He doesnt know of the analogical use of "good" when talking about other beings
sucks to be u fampai
>>
>>930532
You're not wrong, OP.
>>
>>930555
>Probably supports Planned Parenthood
>>
>>930751
Also
>God can't do whatever he wants with his creation. Especially if it hurts Anon's feelings
>>
File: Marcus Aurelius.jpg (140 KB, 600x980) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Aurelius.jpg
140 KB, 600x980
>>930532
Marcus Aurelius didn't actually say that
>>
>>930688

1st issue. Unless you can find some dogma that says otherwise- people who have never been introduced to Christianity and don't believe don't go to hell. That is what a Catholic priest told me once.

2nd. Maybe you can explain what you mean by "net loss" and how it has anything to do with God's omnibenovlence? God is said to be omnibenevolent insofar as A. all his actions are by definition good, and B. because being eternal/immutable/etc nothing he does can have any effect on him- everything he does has to be for the sake of something else- since he cannot be effected. He just has his one act in eternity. I don't see how God allowing any amount of people being damned has anything to do with it.
>>
>>930688
>creation is all about humans
lol
>>
>>930789
I know, but I believe the message would still go along nicely with the post.

By the way, your autism showed. Might want to make it less obvious next time.
>>
>>930804
Sorry this is /his/
Autism should be expected
>>
File: The Fridge.png (236 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
The Fridge.png
236 KB, 350x350
>>930540
Why would you worship omnipotent being? It can't help God because he already omnipotent. Just by definition you can't help him. By the same logic if there exist at least one possibility for God to help you then Omnipotent Being would do as much as it wants to help you already. Only limit for God to help you is his desire to help you. Basically there is God who got first move to decide how much he want to mess up with your life and you can't even stop him and change his decision because being mortal you are powerless against divine and none of your action could even matter to Absolute God.
>>
>>930882

i agree. this was basically Spinoza's argument in the Ethics fyi.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
It's easy to be a sinner.

It's hard to resist sin and follow a spiritual life.

Christianity is for the brave and courageous.
>>
File: 1452480393638.jpg (80 KB, 632x601) Image search: [Google]
1452480393638.jpg
80 KB, 632x601
>>930532
Should I even bother reading Aurelius, /his/? From what I understand his views are uplifting or something, but every douche bag who fancies himself an intellectual always quotes him. Same with Nietzsche. I know it's pretty dumb not to do something because of its fanbase, but I have put Aurelius off for so long due to people like OP.
>>
>>930910
He's okay. He's considered entry-level for the Stoic philosophy.
>>
>>930910

If you're trying to be smart start with the greeks.

Faggot.
>>
>>930907
you don't have to resist sin, you just have to feel bad about it later and ask for forgiveness
>>
>>930910
Maybe you should just read him instead of having a fucking crisis about it faggot
>>
>>930907
It's easy to be a Christcuck

It's easy to cave in and just surrender yourself to a magical deity who absolves you of all blame and doesn't actually expect deeds

Christianity is for the self-hating and the weak.
>>
File: pol christian.png (159 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
pol christian.png
159 KB, 1270x1136
>>930532
>Having both been a Catholic formerly
t. former /pol/ "Catholic."
>>
>>930979
repentance =/= self pity
>>
File: 1451000379685.jpg (41 KB, 380x574) Image search: [Google]
1451000379685.jpg
41 KB, 380x574
>>931130
>absolves you of all blame and doesn't actually expect deeds

Somebody doesn't understand how Christianity works, at all.
>>
File: 114.jpg (118 KB, 700x563) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
118 KB, 700x563
>>930979
>>931130
>>
>>932328
If it said 'it doesn't matter what you've done, as long as you try to be a good person' it would be pretty much accurate.
>>
>>930804
But didn't you misrepresent a quote and then called some autist an autist for pointing it out? I mean that is disingenuous and a very european thing to do
>>
>>930540
Omnipotent is a paradox there are many pardoxes that solves this. So is being all knowing, since if you didn't know something you wouldn't know you knew it.
>>
>>932502
Someone needs to read Wittgenstein
>>
File: knight of faith.jpg (134 KB, 653x1024) Image search: [Google]
knight of faith.jpg
134 KB, 653x1024
>>930644
>>930649
>>
>>930543
Morality is an entirely manmade concept, with the purpose of regulating the behaviour of the individual for a functioning society. It is largely culturally determined and changes over time.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.