[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ opinion of the Huns? I think they could have united Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: AD_400WesternHunEmpire.jpg (255 KB, 1200x764) Image search: [Google]
AD_400WesternHunEmpire.jpg
255 KB, 1200x764
/his/ opinion of the Huns?

I think they could have united Europe in a way Europe needed. With intense brutality and fear. There Goth fetish should have been replaced with Greco-Roman admiration, might have helped them stabilize.
>>
>>930191
Huns are to a major extent a meme, their 'empire' was never even half that large at its largest.

But they did unite Europe.

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/battleswarsto1000/p/chalons.htm

Rome joined with their mortal rivals to fight the Huns in 451.
>>
>>930277
The West needs new Huns.
>>
>>930312
The liberal Jewry have been at our necks for decades faggot.

Wake up.
>>
>>930191
A third of that empire was barren or very sparsely populated the other third ran away from them in such numbers it caused serious damage to another empire
>>
Were the Huns from China?
>>
>>930191
why does this map show denmark and southern sweden being controlled by the huns?
>>
>>930590
there are claims that the Huns are the descendants of the Xiongnu who migrated from the steppes of Mongolia westward, which is somewhat substantiated by linguistic reconstructions and possible cognates of the word "Hun" appearing in other languages

so yes, it is possible, but the Huns who appeared in Western Europe were a mixed bunch who incorporated various people, settled or nomadic, on their march westwards
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.