[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he thinks alchemy was retards attempting proto-chemistry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: 1456180372741.jpg (37 KB, 642x498) Image search: [Google]
1456180372741.jpg
37 KB, 642x498
>he thinks alchemy was retards attempting proto-chemistry and not a ciphered language referring to the process of spiritual perfection
>>
>Not realizing that it was both
>>
It's satanism.

Literally demonic witchcraft.
>>
>mostly cryptic language for writing down guild secrets

Like the bitch of armenia being the blue dye they used to color the silk (lion of khorezm) coming from china
>>
>>927995
Stay uninitiated christcuck
>>
>>928004
Stay hell-bound, luciferian.
>>
>>928016
>it's demonic because it's not Christian

lol ignorant cunt
>>
File: tumblr_nmy4bzooVe1ut727bo1_400.jpg (66 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmy4bzooVe1ut727bo1_400.jpg
66 KB, 384x384
>he still hasn't used his pee to make the elixer of immortality
>>
>>928016
>>927995
when will we get rid of these roleplaying fucks
holy shit they make me so mad please die
>>
>>928020
It's demonic because you're delving into literal Satanism.

"ye shall be as gods", New Age hocus pocus, fallen angel channeling/possession.

Trying to reach enlightenment without Christ, trying to be a god yourself, that's what Satanism is.

Rebellion against God by seeking Kabbalah mysticism.
>>
>>928020

Read "Behold A Pale Horse" by Bill Cooper, and watch "NEW AGE DECEPTION" on YouTube.

Alchemy is what the Freemasons/Illuminati practice, aswell as Theosophy and other occult societies.

Enjoy hell. Jesus is the only way to Heaven.
>>
>>928030
>becoming a better person through the Bible, good
>becoming a better person through radical but proven techniques, bad

Fuck off christcuck
>>
>>928042
>implying new agers practice alchemy
>implying it's not over a thousand years old

You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about, at all
>>
>>928081
>radical but proven
Alchemy was never either of those things, though.
>>
>>928081
>becoming a better person by adhering to Satanic doctrines

Enjoy hell, hippie scum.
>>
>>928099
>radical

Can you stay conscious through dreamless sleep? Ite then
>>
>>928108
>it's satanic cause it's unfamiliar

lol stay dumb ameritrash
>>
>>927989
^This.
Nothing about the processes of either were mutually exclusive. The yogi loses self and finds Self in mantra. The alchemist loses self and finds Self in the alembic.

Ever hit a flow state in rote labor? That's what's up.

Also there's sorta some historical development between the two interpretations, the guys behind the discover of phosphorus were alchemists, Brand, iirc, was hunting the stone, where Boyle as a good British proto-scientist introduced replication into the mix.
>>
>>928110
"Radical" in the political sense. It was common to have court practitioners of alchemy all over the world. I don't know what you mean by "radical" but alchemy only became a radical enterprise as modernity encroached on all forms of magical, religious, etc. belief and worship.
In terms of radical change on consciousness and life, who are you to say Christianity can't offer that even more than alchemy can? From what I've read some alchemists even claim that Christ is the Philosopher's Stone and that the whole thing is a metaphor.
>>
>>928144
Dude oh my god I just wanna talk about something different without having to defend it from the fucking downie basement Christians 4chan has become a haven for lately you think I don't know about Christian fucking mysticism reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>927995
Get out you cunt
>>
>>928180
I'm trying to have a discussion about alchemy here. Judaeo-Christian mysticism is historically bound up with alchemy. Not sure how you want this thread to go.
>>
>>928199
Alchemy has parallels with tantrism as well. Shiva is the solar gold, Shakti the waters, etc...
>>
>>928257
Yup there's an entire tantra on the subject; Matrikabheda Tantra.
>>
>>928257
>>928314
Isn't a lot of Taoism basically Chinese alchemy?
>>
>>928318
Yes. Also the planetary gates in alchemy are roughly analogous to chakras and the taoist nidanas (is that the right word?) S well as the Sufi equivalents, forgot the tern
>>
>>928030
>"You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you"
>>
>>928442
Christcucks btfo
>>
>>928442
>by the work of Jesus Christ
>not by your own self

Atheistcucks btfo
>>
>alchemy
>gnosticism
>satanism

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>928473
>he thinks it means Jesus the person and not the Christ consciousness which he represents
>>
well this thread is fucking gay, is this a board for fantasy rp'ing?
>>
>>928494
>New Age gibberish
>"yea, hath God said?"

Get behind me Satan.
>>
Here's my improved alchemy folder, it's 2.6 gb with 121 folders and like 650 files.

https://mega.nz/#F!QdZXBaTL!j3rdVhMC3E06xjCLQFx7bg

Here's a link to Matrikabheda Tantra;
https://mega.nz/#!FUhlDJTZ!O89-3U1TnkAGCSgppHOkUWUQBq1P7DC8OacXp879hTs
>>
>>928510
>he thinks who you worship is more important than embodying Jesus' principles

Lel, god you americucks gotta make everything a fucking popularity contest
>>
Spirituality has no reason to be in a history board, there is a board for that shit and its called /x/
>>
>>928540
No one wants to cater to your kiddie pool intellectual depth reddit. Fuck off
>>
>>928494
>Christ consciousness
Are you some kind of non-Trinitarian or something?
>>
>>928560
He's a Luciferian/New Ager.
Literally gnostic/theosophy tier.

He believes in Satan's deceptions.
>>
>>928550
Sure we need deep meaningful threads like the weekly "dude what if conciousness was magic and we get to have an after life :) " mysticism surely adds to the intellectual discussions of /his/
>>
>>928570
>humanities is completely separate from spirituality and mysticism

History was a mistake.
>>
>>927983
>he thinks I don't know that
>>
>>928512
Thank you.
>>
>>928563
>The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.

That Jesus. What a kooky new ager!
>>
>>928578
If the humanities can't seperate itself from supernatural nonsense then all careers related to it have no place in serious universities.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
29 KB, 200x200
>>928540
You're absolutely right. That's why I'm so glad this board also has the Humanities component in it!
>>
>>928600
>If the humanities can't seperate itself from supernatural nonsense
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

You might as well be arguing that physics is only legitimate if it separates itself from "mathematical nonsense." i.e. it's a fucking retarded argument that completely misunderstands what humanities actually is.
>>
>>928595
why does whenever someone talks about being god or that gods within them someone is dropping that "new age" meme
>>
>>928605
We can discuss religion in a humanities board but roleplaying as if the supernatural existed belongs exclusively to /x/ and designated shitposting boards like /b/, /int/ & /pol/
>>
>>928600
I don't think you understand what "serious universities" are for
>>
>>928617
So you're saying the humanities are inherently irrational ? why are humanities majors accepted in college and shit like parapsychology, homeotherapy and tarot reading shunned? I want to be a certified Yale witch-doctor
>>
>>927983
>he thinks alchemy was a real thing and not a meme created by the Japs
>>
>>928600
>communicating the depths and realities of human consciousness in symbolic language is "supernatural nonsense"

Spot the autist
>>
>>928638
There's a difference between bullshit pop-mysticism that has only applications that extends to tricking lonely middle aged women into thinking their life has meaning based on "muh feels" and genuine, intuitive spirituality. Anyone who has studied even a basic comparative religions course would be able to tell you this.
>>
>>928654
>Using flowery language and endless mental masturbation to appear intellectual while contributing nothing to society is meaningful
Spot the son of dissapointed parents, you should had gone to medschool.
>>
>>928030
You realize that most medieval alchemists in Europe where Christians in good standing
>>
>>928671
>self-improvement is mutually exclusive with an vibrant, productive life

Literally flailing at strawmen. Git gud faggot
>>
>>928257
>>928314
Holy shit! I always thuoght that Shiva was the sun king and shakti the moon queen, philosophical water, virgin milk, etc etc etc etc., but couldn't prove it.

Please post link to this source.
>>
>>928806
>You already did
Thanks.
>>
>>928592
You're welcome, m8, figure it'd be handy as a beacon amidst the trashposting.

>>928806
>>928812
Oh no it goes full blown into like metallic properties and like how they all interact with the harvesting of Kala.

It's one of the more "esoteric" tantras, it REALLY displays the trifecta of Sexual/Mystical/Chemical alchemy.

IIRC, Mike Magee/Lokanath put out a short text called "Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology", which goes into the timing of the stuff spoken of in Matrikabheda Tantra.

It's over in the occultism & magick thread, under the "Eastern" folder and I dunno where exactly I slipped it, hunt around.
>>
>>928806
Also check out of Yoga of Power by Evola
>>
You know what else smacks of proto or pseudo-science but makes perfect sense when interpreted in the light of the alchemical tradition? The Pre-Socratics.

>But alchemy came later *grabs torch and pitchfork*

Not if you understand that alchemy is but the exterior appearance of an ancient (yea perennial) esoteric tradition.
>>
>>929098
Plato's corpus can be read as a theological account, desu
>>
>>929129
re: only makes sense as*
>>
>>929098
Even the Bible is chock full of alchemical allusions

Jacob wrestling with the angel all through the night represents the trial of the void where one must remain grounded in himself during conscious sleep or die
>>
>>927989
Shit man, this makes a ton of sense. God I love history.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.