[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some lesser known "bad people" from history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: 4chan.jpg (71 KB, 450x497) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
71 KB, 450x497
What are some lesser known "bad people" from history? I am talking comic book villain tier of bad, someone whose ideas and actions were so batshit insande that his biography reads like a script for a saturday morning cartoon episode.

Do not just give me all the Hitlers or Stalins or Calligulas, give me more obscure ones, like, Emperor Bocassa, or General Butt-Naked, or, I don't know, the spanish guys who fucked up South America.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>belial wasn't real
nice try r/atheism
>belial isn't evil
nice try satanist, gb2 the mall
>>
I recognized Pepe and Putin but who was in the left?
>>
>>927085
katie the cat from /mu/
>>
>>927085
The left side represents 4chan's past for it is a cat. The right side represents 4chan's future, for it is a frog.
The head in the middle is the king of fools, who keeps it all together.
>>
>>927096
No thats moot, look at the big jew nose
>>
File: 1306186940080.png (508 KB, 458x646) Image search: [Google]
1306186940080.png
508 KB, 458x646
>>927085
Grafics cat.
>>
>>927090
>>927096
>>927116

eerie. that's actually, ialdaboath, demiurge and blind mad god of the material realm
>>
>>927068
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Solano_L%C3%B3pez

This guy fits that description. He started a war with two larger countries and then fought to the end while executing everyone he though was against him, including his brothers. He also had his 70 year old mother flogged when she revealed that he was a bastard.
>>
Richelieu. Though his villainy is debatable depending on your opinion of France.
>>
File: Lope_de_Aguirre_2[1].jpg (12 KB, 350x442) Image search: [Google]
Lope_de_Aguirre_2[1].jpg
12 KB, 350x442
>>928454
Speaking of Americas,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lope_de_Aguirre

>Nicknamed El Loco ('the Madman'), he styled himself "Wrath of God, Prince of Freedom, King of Tierra Firme".[2] Aguirre is best known for his final expedition down the Amazon river in search of the mythical golden King El Dorado. In 1561 Aguirre sent a letter which defied the Spanish monarch Philip II by declaring an independent state of Peru. Aguirre's expedition ended with his death, and in the years since then he has been treated by historians as a symbol of cruelty and treachery in the early history of colonial Spanish America,[3][4] and has become an antihero in literature, cinema and other arts.[5]
>>
Lavrentiy Beria.
Sick motherfucker if ever ive heard of one.
>>
>>928729
heres a little taste of the fat fucker for you, under the wiki sub of 'Sexual Predator':

Women also submitted to Beria's sexual advances in exchange for the promise of freeing their relatives from the Gulag. In one case, Beria picked up Tatiana Okunevskaya – a well-known Soviet actress – under the pretence of bringing her to perform for the Politburo. Instead he took her to his dacha where he offered to free her father and grandmother from NKVD prison if she submitted. He then raped her telling her "scream or not, it doesn't matter."[40] Yet Beria already knew her relatives had been executed months earlier. Okunevskaya was arrested shortly afterwards and sentenced to solitary confinement in the Gulag, which she survived.

...yeah. Complete bell-end.
>>
Oskar Dirlewanger
Albert Fish
Shirō Ishii
Gilles de Reis
>>
I was thinking more of war criminals or corrupt politicians, not so much of people who are only known for being a child rapist cannibal.
>>
>>928739
Stories about being maniac were invented by Khruchev who overthrew and killed him.

Regarding Okunevskaya. She was arrested in 1948, her father was executed in 1937. And she never admitted to be raped by Beria, just that she lost consciousness on his dacha. So this story is also unclear. And Beria was not head police or secret service after 1945 and till 1953.
>>
>>927085
lolcat. As this one said, >>927096 the frog is the future while barely anyone remembers can I haz cheesburger or caturday. Trollface keeps it all togheter.
>>
>>928886
Admittedly I was just going off that without properly reading up on it, however as much as Khuchev hyped Beria's behaviour because of there rivalry, there is truth there of his sexual depravity, over all he was a nasty peice of work what with the torturing before executions too. wouldnt you agree?

Unless your saying he's above reproach because he's a communist and you are one too. In which case your bias is huge and your an slovenly cur.
>>
>>
>that guy that thinks Joan of Arcs right hand man was actually a child rapist and murderer
>Joan was executed for political bullshit, but this guy's criminal trial was 100% legit
>>
>>929026
>Admittedly I was just going off that without properly reading up on it, however as much as Khuchev hyped Beria's behaviour because of there rivalry, there is truth there of his sexual depravity,

He used his position and power to get female attention. Something that some wealthy men even in our time in any country do.

>over all he was a nasty peice of work what with the torturing before executions too. wouldnt you agree?

FYI, Beria took position as the head of NKVD at the end of 1938 when main wave of purges already passed. And during his period of work uses of tortures decreased, most cases were abuse of power by low level personnel not inspired by higher-ups.
>>
>>927085
That's Jabulon, nigga.
Something about freemasons and the combining of three gods.
>>
Cesare Borgia maybe?
>>
>>927068
Ferdinand the VII.
Seriously I imagine him saying shit like ¡CRUSH THE LIBERALS AND THE CADIZ CONSTITUION!
>>
>>929061
>Joan was executed by people she was at war with
>Giles was executed by his own country, despite being hugely powerful
>same thing

autism
>>
Francisco Macias Nguema

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Mac%C3%ADas_Nguema

>The president's paranoid actions included killing all who wore spectacles, banning use of the word "intellectual" and destroying boats to stop his people fleeing from his rule (fishing was banned). The only road out of the country on the mainland was also mined.

>In 1978, he changed the national motto to "There is no other God than Macías Nguema".

>During Macías Nguema's regime, the country had neither a development plan nor an accounting system for government funds. After killing the governor of the Central Bank, he carried everything that remained in the national treasury to his house in a rural village.

>During Christmas 1975 he ordered about 150 of his opponents killed. Soldiers dressed up in Santa Claus costumes murdered them by shooting at the football stadium in Malabo, while amplifiers were playing Mary Hopkin's "Those Were the Days".
>>
>>927068

Some of these are not lesser known at all. Others are downright memes right now, but I don't see them mentioned so I'll throw them out.

Although infamous, it really doesn't get any more comic-book tier bad than Sade. He intellectually and rhetorically defends evil in his works, an adolescent rhetorical extreme to which most other thinkers don't resort.

Crowley was also rather comic-book in the sense that he pretty much did whatever the hell he wanted for his entire life and totally got away with it.

Less famously, the Countess of Bathory is thought to have murdered dozens, and was herself immured later in life. Something there is in the tropes about keeping supervillains locked up in hypermax prisons.

Apart from those, just thumb through whatever true crime sources you might wish to investigate.
>>
>>930092
>he thinks the Borgia did anything wrong
>>
>>930165
Absolute madman.
>>
>>930867
You haven't read Sade.
>>
>>930092
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>930903

1) you employ a tripcode, and so your opinion can be summarily discarded. Still, we present

2) "...he [the Duc] was frequently heard to say that to be truly happy in this world a man ought not merely to fling himself into every vice, but should never permit himself one virtue, and that it was not simply a matter of always doing evil, but also and above all of never doing good."

>b-but m-muh passage from the first few pages of a work of fiction is no reflection of an author's mind I-I'll show you

You're a tripfaggot, no one need listen to you.
>>
>>930165
haha what the fuck
>>
>>927068
Jean-Jacques Dessalines, ruler of the Haitian """"""Empire"""""". A brutal, power-hungry black supremacist who would reguarly engage in massacres while acting as Toussaint L'Ouverture's strong man. Helped sell out Toussaint while stockpiling weapons, betrayed the French while they were cleaning up insurgents as the French were dropping from yellow fever leading Leclerq to go insane and demand that all black adults be killed and anyone under 12 be taken for re-education before he died of yellow fever too.

After winning Haiti's indpendence, he brought back slavery in all but name only, genocided the white French that were still on the island (giving explicit orders to target women and children), then decided to head over to Santo Domingo to try massacring more people before his own men eventually turned on him, killed him, mutilated his corpse and threw it in the town square.

He's revered as a hero in Haiti to this day.
>>
>>931938
Haiti is the single shittiest country to ever exist, bar none. It's so unfathomably awful it feels like they're doing it on purpose.

>destroyed nature
>no agriculture
>no industry
>no sports
>no literature
>no food
>illiteracy
>AIDS
>cringeworthy comic book tier religions
>slavery, dictatorships, rampant moronism
>when there isn't a civil war or a revolution going on you can bet there's gonna be at least an earthquake or a hurricane

Literally Hell: the country
>>
>>930083
It's Ba'al, dingus. Lrn2Tyre.
>>
>>930165
That's not even evil, just goofy and funny as fuck.
>>
>>931972

This is an extraordinary claim that is suspect both for 1) its general, universal language and 2) the relatively shitty Haiti's proximity to the relatively not-shitty USA, other functional SA states, etc.

Therefore, without furnishing a detailed example of my own (though the recent ebola situation plus more distant civil war in West Africa come to mind as illustrations, also Rwanda vis a vis genocide, Somalia as a competitor, etc...), I challenge you to take a grand tour through history in one post and defend your claim that Haiti, this one country of Haiti, is the single shittiest state ever in human history.

Let us compare awful places where we would never ever wish to set foot.
>>
>>931938
>french absolutely cucked by Haitians
>>
>>932054
Somalia wasn't that bad until the 80s, actually pretty decent for an African country. Haiti however, ever since independence it's been just a gigantic fecal rollercoaster.
>>
File: kej.png (107 KB, 1234x870) Image search: [Google]
kej.png
107 KB, 1234x870
>>931972

Also I like how the basic outline of your post matched the basic outline of Haiti.
>>
>>932034
That's called chaotic evil, anon.
>>
Aaron Burr was a madman. Killed Hamilton and tried turning the Louisiana purchase into his own nation.
>>
Baron Ungarn von Sternberg
Jan Matthys
Johann Tsercles, Count of Tilly
>>
File: tfw no kingdom.jpg (32 KB, 306x399) Image search: [Google]
tfw no kingdom.jpg
32 KB, 306x399
>>928586
>played by Klaus Kinski

Name me better casting in anything ever
>>
badoglio
pol pot
the pope
tito
>>
File: b95.jpg (20 KB, 300x314) Image search: [Google]
b95.jpg
20 KB, 300x314
>>932097
Underrated
>>
muh evil men
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.