[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/ I'm trying to remember a certain point in history,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: lone-soldeir.jpg (194 KB, 990x670) Image search: [Google]
lone-soldeir.jpg
194 KB, 990x670
Hey /his/

I'm trying to remember a certain point in history, maybe you can help.

It involved a rich family, likely the Rotschilds, who recieved early news that the war (not sure which one) was won. This information had yet to be relayed to the country and the financial realm of that country. The guy, knowing this information, lies to the financial moguls and tells them the war is lost and the market will soon be plummeting. Posing this as insider information, the moguls were quick to rid of their stocks before it inevitably fell in value; but when the news of victory finally arrived, the war had been won, the Rotschild (or whoever) man had already bought these shares at a lower price and thus he had owned the majority of the country's wealth.

What event am I talking about here?
>>
Battle of Waterloo.

It was supposedly the Rothschilds.
>>
>>923960
You're thinking of the Battle of Waterloo. There was a nazi propaganda film about it that was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>923968
>>923962

Ah yes! I knew it involved France and England in some way

but is it merely a legend or propaganda?
>>
bumping for interest
>>
pretty sure the nazis created this meme
>>
>>924129
Am I right to call it a legend then? i'm using it as one of my talking points

Here's sauce for the story btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Mayer_Rothschild#cite_note-10
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.