[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simulations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
With Games like No Mans sky coming out, in a few hundred years or so (obviously assuming we last this long) we can start creating these “endless” simulations, entire universes in them, now we add consciousness, conscious people into the game.

Now they evolve over time, and now they create their own simulations.

This goes on forever, so how likely do you think we are living in an endless chain of simulations,
>>
>>922598
bump
>>
>>922598
Creating a universe is the endgame for any intelligent race for two reasons:
1. At that point the race has become a creator god
2. By creating life with emotions and will to power you perform the ultimate good and the ultimate evil; no matter what good and evil are, you create all of each when you make a universe.
>>
i don't know
>>
File: 1459170491048.jpg (79 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459170491048.jpg
79 KB, 800x800
>>922598
>in a few hundred years or so (obviously assuming we last this long) we can start creating these “endless” simulations, entire universes in them, now we add consciousness, conscious people into the game.

Hold the fuck up, OP, that's an awful load of assumptions.
You better come up with a good excuse to just flat out state such horseshit as near certainty.
>>
>>922598
>do you think it is
Very likely. Assuming the ground-universe, where the first simulation occurred can contain enough information for another universe within it in a relatively small space. I'm no physicist. How much space and how much can a quantum computer process? Unlimited? If so i suppose it is possible.
>>
File: 1459171855899.png (16 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
1459171855899.png
16 KB, 550x375
>>922688
>How much space and how much can a quantum computer process? Unlimited?

how old are you?
>>
>>922682

What assumptions did he make? It's obvious that all those things are bound to happen.
>>
>>922698
Why don't you just show off your expertise instead of being smug?
>>
>>922710
>What assumptions did he make?
A Leap of logic from minecraft in space to actual simulated universes with sentient beings within, with nothing to back it up?

This isn't even about utter lack of resources (processing power/ storage space) to make something like that possible.

This is about complete lack of understanding as to how the fuck do you even go about making it.

We have nowhere near complete understanding of the universe and its laws and the same goes for sentience. There may not be any scientific breakthrough filling up the blanks in either. Ever.

Just going out your way saying those two things are "bound to happen" is like any random dude saying he's bound to win a fucking lottery, except the dude is right, because the only thing he needs to do is buy enough tickets.
>>
>a computer simulation of consciousness is conscious

Is as dumb as

>a computer simulation of digestion can digest things.
>>
>>922744
no. take it from me i have level 9000 self-experience stats and a Magii Card 5000 in Mysticism.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.