[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will history look back fondly on Pope Benedict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Will history look back fondly on Pope Benedict?
>>
I already do compared to Francis
>>
>>915748
Better one that cover up a dozen kiddy fiddlers than one that welcome a thousand.
>>
>>915732
He wasnt the greatest, but he wasnt a bad pope either.
Most people give him shit because of palpatine
>>
>>916063
And HitlerJugend.
>>
>>915732
Poor guy, he's lumped between one of the greatest popes ever and reddit: the pope
>>
>>915732
Not much history left. He'll be the last Nazi pope for a little while, sure.
>>
>>915732
Memes aside he was pretty based

>intellectual academic
>brought back nice traditions
>encouraged use of latin
>made muslims buttmad simply by quoting a byzantine emperor
>>
>>916074
I have no idea why people think reddit is progressive or left-leaning.
>>
>>916083
I only partly meant it like that.
I meant it more that he panders a bit
>>
>>915763
Benedict actually wanted to prosecute them harshly. Some allies of Francis (but not Francis himself, who is innocent of this) were actually in favor of covering up.

Look at this, for example:

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/cardinal-danneels-part-of-mafia-club-opposed-to-benedict-xvi

>>916063
>Most people give him shit because of palpatine

This is the kind of thing that makes me kind of pessimistic about mankind. They judge someone badly because he looks like a movie character.
>>
>>915732
History won't look back fondly on christianity at all.
>>
>>916279
Of the big three It'll look on it the best
>>
>>915732
He'll always be remembered as the sheer pope.
>>
>>916309
*Sheev
>>
File: 1454592350043.jpg (9 KB, 300x194) Image search: [Google]
1454592350043.jpg
9 KB, 300x194
>>916069
>we will never have another hitler youth pope
>>
If nothing else, reestablishing the precedent of a Pope stepping down when they feel they no longer have the physical, mental, and/or spiritual strength to serve as the head of the Catholic Church is pretty monumental, and he deserves a massive amount of credit for that. I hope future Popes continue to follow his example.
>>
>>915732
I doubt it. The Protestant media controls the public view, and they love to feed on the Church's flaws like a vulture. Benedict was against all the things they hated too, but they used him as their focal point of these issues just because his appearance wasn't good for PR.

And now you have Francis who is worse in every way than Benedict but the media loves him because they can use him as a counter.
>>
>>916443
>The Protestant media controls the public view
First Jews, then Protestants, what's next? Shias? Buddhists?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.