[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This triggers the Catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: GustavusAdolphus.jpg (3 MB, 1848x2520) Image search: [Google]
GustavusAdolphus.jpg
3 MB, 1848x2520
>This triggers the Catholic
>>
You bet it does. Quit declaring war on me you cunt. I'm already bordered with Attila.
>>
File: Gustav II Adolf deal with it..jpg (19 KB, 191x201) Image search: [Google]
Gustav II Adolf deal with it..jpg
19 KB, 191x201
Best swedish king.
>>
Was he a proto-American?

>We're doing this to protect our Protestant brothers from Imperial tyranny

>30 % of Germany's population dies as a result
>>
>>912508

Severe collateral damage was an expected and necessary price to pay for purging papists.
>>
File: Albrecht_von_Wallenstein.jpg (57 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Albrecht_von_Wallenstein.jpg
57 KB, 480x600
>>911590
>>
>>912516
>The Lutherans were better
>Waterboarding you in urine and feces
>Pillaging and raping wherever they'd go

At least Wallenstein and Tilly didn't do shit like that.
>>
You know what triggers the Swede?

P
O
L
T
A
V
A
>>
File: karoliner 2.bmp-for-web.jpg (19 KB, 252x375) Image search: [Google]
karoliner 2.bmp-for-web.jpg
19 KB, 252x375
>>912883
ARRRGHHHH!
>>
>>912523
Fucking barbarian treacherous bastard
>>
>>912548
>mfw schwedentrunk'd
>>
File: Thirtywar.gif (129 KB, 473x301) Image search: [Google]
Thirtywar.gif
129 KB, 473x301
Always Breitenfield.

The Father of Modern War, Gustavus Adolphus almost certainly was not. But he may very well have been the Father of the Modern World. Because then, at that place, at the moment when the Saxons broke and the Inquisition bade fair to triumph over all of Europe, the king of Sweden stood his ground.

And proved, once again, that the truth of history is always concrete. Abstractions are the stuff of argument, but the concrete is given. Whatever might have been, was not. Not because of tactics, and formations, and artillery, and methods of recruitment—though all of those things played a part, and a big one—but because of a simple truth. At that instant, history pivoted on the soul of one man. His name was Gustavus Adolphus, and there were those among his followers who thought him the only monarch in Europe worthy of the name. They were right, and the man was about to prove it. For one of the few times in human history, royalty was not a lie.
>>
>>913257
Is that from that book where americans travel back in time?
>>
File: Cuckland.jpg (169 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
Cuckland.jpg
169 KB, 1024x759
Ignore filename.

Fader vår som är i himmelen helgat varde ditt namn
Tillkomme ditt rike ske din vilja
Såsom i himmelen så ock uppå jorden, ge oss bröd ock idag
Och förlåt oss våran skuld
>>
File: Karl2.jpg (82 KB, 960x680) Image search: [Google]
Karl2.jpg
82 KB, 960x680
>>913603
This song makes me happy to see here.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.