[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine- 35843991 How good is th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-29-19-56-59.png (263 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-29-19-56-59.png
263 KB, 480x854
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35843991

How good is this article from the scholar's point of view? How thankful should I be about my taxes paid for this?
>>
>>905166
>How good is this article from the scholar's point of view? How thankful should I be about my taxes paid for this?

Oh, you don't have to pay an additional fee for a phone license? I heard that in the UK, you have to pay for a TV license in addition to buying your TV, and paying taxes that go to programming, so I thought maybe it applied to other electronics as well. I also heard that if you don't buy a license then goons will come to your house to harass you.
>>
What does it even matter if a religion has been a part of your history if they mainly comes as merchants and diplomats?
I don't think you can say Nordic Paganism got a long history in France's history just because a lot of Nords traded and pillaged in France.
>>
>>905239

The TV licence IS the tax to go to some of the programming.
>>
>>905314

What if I only use my TV to play vidya or use my DVD player and don't want to watch TV because I believe it's garbage, will they still send goons to my house?
>>
>They included the Norfolk merchant Samson Rowlie, who had been captured by Turkish pirates off Algiers in 1577, where he was imprisoned, castrated and converted to Islam.

>He took the name Hassan Aga and rose to become Chief Eunuch and Treasurer of Algiers as well as one of the most trusted advisers to its Ottoman governor.

JUST
>>
>>905340
no
>>
>>905340

No. The TV licence is to fund the BBC, so if you use it as a monitor, noone gives a shit. You can straight up watch TV all you want too, so long as you don't watch BBC channels, though that's more or less impossible given how most modern TVs work.
>>
>>905361

How would they know, though? Don't they just send people to houses that are in the database as having purchased a TV but not in the database as having purchased a license?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.